filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do I have any recourse? As you can imagine, pretty frustrated.
Sounds like you’re about to dealer shop and order a ‘23 model when they open the orders back up in October.

People bitched at me when I said I had 3 orders placed with 3 different dealers and said I was part of the problem. Well, this is exactly why I did it. I didn’t put all of my eggs in one basket so if one of my 3 dealers charge something stupid, I can walk knowing there’s 2 more.
I see posts about “releasing the hounds”, whatever that is. Ford does not care. You are not Fords customer. The dealers are Fords customer and you buy from them. It’s sad but that’s the truth. Good luck!
Sponsored

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you bought and sold any real estate? Agents don't set any price, the current owner sets the price.
I’m fully aware of how it works. I’ve bought properties in multiple states. Or, is your comment to argue that real estate is not a commodity negotiated as heavily as an automobile?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately I don't.
Then you really have no recourse. Everyone ordering should have a signed contract. Not just the order sheet...a contract. I went several steps further with a signed letter from the Dealership Owner and a signed contract addendum. You can try a call to Ford Corporate or picket the Dealership.

Tom_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 FJ40, 2011 X5D, 2019 Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m fully aware of how it works. I’ve bought properties in multiple states. Or, is your comment to argue that real estate is not a commodity negotiated as heavily as an automobile?
I'm a RE Broker, I've sold 1000's of properties in the last 20 years. I've never had a negotiation take more than an hour, unless I'm dealing with a bank foreclosure and it takes days or weeks. Car dealers will keep you in the showroom as long as possible to wear you down until you agree to anything they say. The longer they keep you there the more money they make, it's on page one of the training book.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have ANYTHING that an attorney could hold in his hand and make your case? If not, shame on you!
Is this really necessary? You don't need to kick a person when they are down. Geesh.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to have a conversation with the dealer tomorrow before releasing the hounds. But I do appreciate the support. For those that asked, reservation was from early October of 2020; not Day 1 but early enough.

Thanks again!
aside from not having a contract, which frankly we all rely on a dealer to paper a deal correctly and they don't.
did you ever receive a DORA, the list of the order and pricing and asked to sign off on it?
Did you pay a deposit to the dealer besides the $100 to Ford for the reservation, likely at the time of order?
did the dealer email any of the above documents to you? (in some states that is considered legal signature by them for a contract)
if you have a leg to stand on with some documents per above, hire a lawyer. The 2-3 hours you'll pay a good business lawyer, should save you thousands. I'd love to see a lawyer go to a court for injunctive relief tying up the bronco ordered for you (you have enough emails from Ford saying it's yours) to have it held up until the dispute is settled. They have the upper hand of duress and coercion that they'll just sell to someone else right now, remove that..

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes we do. Real estate goes back and forth and the details of a contract can cost thousands. Car sales are actually second worst in terms of negotiation. For that reason, I put realtors as the lowest form of human being on the planet with car dealers/salesmen as second worst human (if you search my posts you’ll see how much I hate dealers). Prostitutes are even a higher class of person because at least you know how hard you’re gonna get screwed by them up front. With a car dealer or realtor, it’s much, much worse and much, much more expensive.
I am a headhunter (executive level) can't believe I wasn't mentioned in this post o_O

Kenny H

Badlands
First Name
KIBUM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, FRS, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's time to start let people know about the dealer how bad they are.
In my experience, Sharing their bad reputation is the short cut to pull the dealer on the negotiation table.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like no one ever bought a house and didn't negotiate for roof replacement, HVAC replacement, window replacement, price adjustment based on a professional appraisal or home inspection, etc., etc. etc. (used to happen all the time before the residential housing market went batshit crazy).
I’ve never seen anything like the current real estate market. My buddy has been a home inspector for 25 years and his business is down 65% since before covid because almost all buyers are now waiving inspection. We just bought a condo in Naples FL and it was the 5th one we had bid on in 8 weeks after getting outbid on all the others. All our offers were 13-18% over asking price, cash, zero contingencies, no inspection, etc. The real estate market and rental prices have gone crazy. Condo’s in our area that were renting two years ago for $6k/month in season are now renting for $15k/month or more, lol.

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do I have any recourse? As you can imagine, pretty frustrated.
Sorry to hear this, I'm so tired of these dealers hurting their customers. Without a signed agreement on pricing, I think you need to go postal and start posting about the dealer.

I hope it works out. For what its worth I think there is inventory out there if you're flexible on the configuration.

Loubiz90

Base
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And that order you signed says you'll buy the Bronco at MRSP even if the Bronco is not popular and you decide you don't like it? Does that agreement also say you must buy the Bronco even though you are financially unable to afford it?

Asking for a friend.
The price is signed on my buyers order is the price I paid.

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Again. Literally why folks do not trust car dealerships. The entire structure of car sales needs to change. No other commodity do we bicker back and forth over the price and haggle. It’s so frustrating. Also how do I tend to know more about the vehicles, or terms of leasing then the salesman? Or do they just continue to lie. It’s infuriating.
Be careful what you wish for! I hear this a lot that we should all have "no haggle" pricing like Tesla. When that day happens, then the dealership will pop up a higher price for everything and you can't talk them down at all. I have talked dealership down on brand new vehicles before, so haggling a price can go two ways, up or down. Not haggling a price goes one way, UP!

Trax0r

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger R/T Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Carmax has the largest market share of automobiles sale by dealers.
The last 2 vehicles I've bought were at the no haggle Dodge dealer here in Vegas. It was unbelievably easy. (I had also been cross-shopping to know what the price/values were). If we can't just order online (i.e. Tesla), simple straightforward take it or leave it pricing should be the default.
Sponsored