Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We need to get a Wildtrack in our hands to compare the Baja and Sport modes. It's the only model with both modes in one bronco. Wildtrack doesn't have rock crawl.
Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone have any speculation on why badlands doesn't have sport? Or why FE doesn't have all available? I fully get some need extra off road bits to get most/all the off roady ones but missing on roads ones is weird. Almost seems like they are capped at six or whatever

Guesses? Wild speculation?

SENDITHAMMER

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sure someone as ask this question already here it goes ....I ordered the wild track which does't have crawl mode on the GOAT mode selection so will i be able to rock crawl ?

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure someone as ask this question already here it goes ....I ordered the wild track which does't have crawl mode on the GOAT mode selection so will i be able to rock crawl ?
People have been rock crawling without the "rock crawling" goat mode for the better part of a century....

SENDITHAMMER

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People have been rock crawling without the "rock crawling" goat mode for the better part of a century....
i figured I still could like you said but didn’t know if there was different components on the other models suspension that I’m not getting.

Sponsored

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have any speculation on why badlands doesn't have sport? Or why FE doesn't have all available? I fully get some need extra off road bits to get most/all the off roady ones but missing on roads ones is weird. Almost seems like they are capped at six or whatever

Fords marketing dept has gotten into our heads... as well as our wallets??

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Any idea if the dealer can change the model from BD to badlands? Will this affect my reservation spot? I'm assuming this will affect the delivery date since bandlands seems to be in high demand.
My original reservation was for a WildTrak but when I ordered today, I was very easily able to switch it to a Badlands.

My sales rep had me go to the Build Your Broco site, set up what I want for model (FE excluded, of course) and options, and email him the link. Nothing to it.

I would not be surprised to learn that when we specified the model when making a reservation, that info was for Ford to know what people were interested in. Just market research, not a real commitment at all.

batbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Sirish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My original reservation was for a WildTrak but when I ordered today, I was very easily able to switch it to a Badlands.

My sales rep had me go to the Build Your Broco site, set up what I want for model (FE excluded, of course) and options, and email him the link. Nothing to it.

I would not be surprised to learn that when we specified the model when making a reservation, that info was for Ford to know what people were interested in. Just market research, not a real commitment at all.
I've actually already placed my order. But after seeing the Baja mode in action in the KOH videos I'm starting to have some FOMO. Thats why I'm hoping the dealer who placed the order can change it to a Badlands. I've reached out but I'm still waiting on a response.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i figured I still could like you said but didn’t know if there was different components on the other models suspension that I’m not getting.
As mentioned, you can still rock crawl. You just won't have a preset "Crawl" GOAT mode that will preset the lockers etc. We are still trying to figure out the various items that are set with selecting different GOAT modes. Your WildTrack has both Baja and Sport which is the only model with both those GOAT modes..

Last edited:

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The technology probably isn’t there to make all of them available on one trim. If it was, they probably would have put them all on the FE. This is just a guess though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The technology probably isn’t there to make all of them available on one trim. If it was, they probably would have put them all on the FE. This is just a guess though.
I'm really not seeing enough significant differences in the tech between BL, WT, and FE to explain why at least these three trims couldn't have all 8 modes.

I figure it likely comes down to one of two things:
  • Some marketing dweeb thought it would be a good idea to limit modes to force a choice by the customer.
  • When they designed the UI for picking modes, they capped the number at 7 early on and didn't want to take the time to make adjustments to allow for 8.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they were going to remove a mode form a lineup, It should have been Eco.

FYI
Excellent job on the Guide.
THANK YOU!

SENDITHAMMER

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If they were going to remove a mode form a lineup, It should have been Eco.

FYI
Excellent job on the Guide.
THANK YOU!
I bet I don’t even use that mode ! I didn’t use normal mode in my Raptor!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone have any speculation on why badlands doesn't have sport?

I'll take a stab in the dark at this one.

• There was a meeting where they established the goals and objectives for each Bronco trim level.
  • One person stood up and said "lets make Badlands trim level exclusively for taking to the race track or drag strip and compete against the Mustang GT350!"
  • That person was fired for being a baboon
  • The second meeting on the subject, after the baboon was fired, determined that the Badlands was to be the hard-core off-road trim level of Bronco for rock crawling and difficult trails, which is evidenced by Ford stating this multiple times during the release of the vehicle and in all marketing propaganda

Now here's where it gets suuuuuuuuper tricky and like a midget at a urinal, you'll need to stay on your toes.

• There are no rock crawling trails with drag strips built on them
  • Outright speed and acceleration are not intrinsic aspects of rock crawling and trail driving with a off-the-lot factory vehicle

source[1].gif

Gaul Piamatti

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like to see a 9th goat mode added for MY22. I would call it blue mode and it would essentially be a super speed sport mode. It would emulate the ferocity with which I chased Mankie Frunez in the end of big fat liar
Sponsored