First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two shifts M-F right now with rotating Saturdays (2 on, 1 off) coming as production ramps up later this summer.
based off my math I got around 70,000 Broncos being built in 2021. I hope I'm way off and it's more.

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any word on the Tow Package shortage? I pulled mine from my order, but I want to put it back if they are available.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

based off my math I got around 70,000 Broncos being built in 2021. I hope I'm way off and it's more.
Unfortunately it's going to be less... perhaps substantially. Internal target was 60ish and that has slipped. I think 45-55 is a realistic expectation.

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Called my local dealer today. Just curious when all these dealers will the get the FCTP demo broncos! Dying to test drive one!

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Let me do my best to put all the keyboard production schedulers speculation to rest, as someone with actual insight in the supply chain. If they hit a MY21 production number that starts with 4, execs will be dancing a jig and getting a fat bonus.

Last edited:

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

While there are obvious commodity issues impacting which builds can be scheduled, the biggest hindrance in overall raw production numbers for Bronco remains within the closure lines... especially the door stations. These cycle times have not yet been set as procedures are still being adjusted.
So are we talking about door commodity shortages or door to body assembly time ramp-up?

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So are we talking about door commodity shortages or door to body assembly time ramp-up?
No door shortages to speak of, just fine tuning the timing and automation.

Sponsored

tshafer61

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a good news. Thanks for providing the updates

tshafer61

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes! Nice to see some positive news for once! With that, I talked to Ford Cust Care today - they informed me that my 6/28 build week got moved to 7/19. So, not a big deal as it's expected!
Just got this same update yesterday. Not the best news but I am happy to handle it!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When Ford switches from 21MY to 22MY is no longer a variable. That decision was made months ago. 21MY will end sometime around Thanksgiving, and after a brief transition period, 22MY production will start in December, with deliveries to dealers starting in early Q1 of 2022.

Everyone knows Bronco production will generate positive cash flow for Ford, and the Bronco milestones are very significant for the company. I would love nothing more than to be wrong about this, but it’s just not going to happen. Trust me, I have a lot more at stake here as a shareholder than just the value of my Bronco orders. Everyone’s incentives are aligned to maximize production of quality vehicles and get them delivered to enthusiastic customers as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, a lot of Ford’s fate here is outside of its direct control. At the end of the day, Ford is basically assembling Broncos from thousands of suppliers all over the world, and those suppliers rely on their own suppliers, with every level of the multi-tier automotive supply chain dealing with the same difficulties.

The post-COVID supply chain in 2021 is FUBAR worldwide, and a lot of that is driven by labor shortages in almost every manufacturing industry.

2021 is not a normal year. Shipping/receiving ports around the world are running at reduced capacity and are weeks behind schedule because of labor shortages. Cargo containers are almost impossible to contract and located in all the wrong places worldwide, due to basic supply/demand imbalances between China, which recovered from the pandemic early, and the West, which recovered months later. McDonalds franchises are offering iPhones to new hourly workers. Sandwich franchises are offering $10,000 signing bonuses to new assistant managers. Microprocessors are behind schedule for multiple industries. Steel and aluminum components are back ordered. Homebuilders can’t get basic components to build houses. Home appliances are back-ordered until October. Rubber, foam, and plastic components are backordered.

I could go on, but the basic story is the same wherever you look. No matter how much Ford, you, and I want it to be different, it simply isn’t. This is the reality we’re dealing with.

2022 will definitely be better, and we will all celebrate that, but 2022 isn’t here yet. We’re still living in this post-COVID supply chain clusterf@%k in 2021, and it’s not even recognizable from a manufacturing standpoint.

Listen to @PREMiERdrum’s projections. 45,000-55,000 would be a good outcome under the present circumstances.

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately it's going to be less... perhaps substantially. Internal target was 60ish and that has slipped. I think 45-55 is a realistic expectation.
guess I can stop following this forum for a while :confused:
Sponsored