Sponsored

Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yet another post lamenting the Blazer. The Blazer killed the Bronco when Ford switched from an off road biased vic to the "big bronco" IOT compete with the K5, which was also the shortest lived Blazer.

Ford and Chevy are not competing here. And Ford (or anyone) has yet to win against the reigning champion which is Jeep. Jeep has defended against the FJ40, the Landrover and Discover 90/110, the G1 Bronco (G2-G5 were noncompetes) and International Harvester. Suzuki does give them a run with their Jinmy when people want soml, but otherwise Jeep reigns Supreme.
But many, like myself, have no desire for a Heep.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brace yourself, I bought my Shadow because it reminded me of my parents' ~1984 K5 😵 It is very satisfying to have gotten black, I would've loved Carbon or Chili but the black just nails it.

Leland

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Mustang MachE GT, Raptor, Subaru (2)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
While I think the Mach-E branding is lame, if you want an actual Ford Mustang, you can still get a new one. The same cannot be said about the true Blazer.
I have never owned a Mustang but bought a MachE GT last December and couldn't be happier with everything Ford has put into the MachE.
I agree about the Blazer and couldn't be happier with my Wildtrak and Braptor (especially the Braptor)!

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the pic of the 80s Bronco/Blazer. That brings back memories. I didn't even know about the !st Gen Bronco when I was a kid because Al Gore hadn't given me the internet yet.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While everyone else was getting Broncos and Blazers, my dad was the only one to get the Ramcharger.

OP
OP
Hobbes

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While everyone else was getting Broncos and Blazers, my dad was the only one to get the Ramcharger.
The Ram charger is better than what my dad had.... A Toyota Corona sedan. And yes, he off-roaded that thing! I thought we going to roll over one time.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Escape 1G vs Bronco Sport

Yep, they look nothing alike and I can see FoMoCo going with Bronco Sport Instead of Escape III

j/k

5F199CA8-6B78-4F1C-A144-8040ABB45B95.jpeg
44F402A2-4354-46A5-9661-0FD1E7B1FF28.jpeg

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet another post lamenting the Blazer. The Blazer killed the Bronco when Ford switched from an off road biased vic to the "big bronco" IOT compete with the K5, which was also the shortest lived Blazer.

Ford and Chevy are not competing here. And Ford (or anyone) has yet to win against the reigning champion which is Jeep. Jeep has defended against the FJ40, the Landrover and Discover 90/110, the G1 Bronco (G2-G5 were noncompetes) and International Harvester. Suzuki does give them a run with their Jinmy when people want soml, but otherwise Jeep reigns Supreme.
The Wrangler may reign supreme in numbers. The Bronco smokes it in every other category! It won't be long before the Bronco takes the sales crown away also!

Last edited:

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just don’t understand what Chevy was thinking with the Blazer. Why keep the name Blazer while morphing it into a purely on-road vehicle?

I’m biased but I think Ford won this round.
Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 44F402A2-4354-46A5-9661-0FD1E7B1FF28

Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 44F402A2-4354-46A5-9661-0FD1E7B1FF28
Chevy markets toward a global market. Ford still respects the American market and heritage.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In my family anytime something is screwed up we say, “they Chevied it”.
Long history: Impala, Blazer, Malibu, Camaro, and many more.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t understand how it is even possible that some executive at Chevy (with the authority to make these kinds of decisions) cannot see the huge success of the Bronco (and the Wrangler, for that matter) and not put it together that bringing back the K5 “just maybe” might be a money making idea.

Really??? I gotta spell this out for you?

Just my opinion but I’m sensing Chevy has sold their soul to the EV Gods and are now just too blind or too stubborn to see the demand for this.
Ford has a history of making bad decisions when it came to the Bronco as well. In 1978 Ford turned to the dark side and listened to their so called marketing gurus and they ruined the Bronco and effectively turned it into an F-150 with a camper shell . By 1995-96 it was about how many creature comforts they could add to it and how smooth they can make it go down the road. It lost its identity and subsequently Ford end up dropping it . Had they maintained its original purpose and intent as an off-road vehicle first and eventually expanded to the four-door ,they never would have stopped making it. And would be a fierce rival all these years with the Jeep CJ / Wrangler's

Jeep on the other hand did not make these bad decisions, they kept the CJ's and wranglers true to their identities and purpose, cheap quality maybe, but it stayed true to his identity and look at the popularity of it today around the world.
Sponsored