First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you...people really seem to like the vinyl...I'm sure the leather is nice, as well. The both have heated seats but the leather has the electronic seat adjustment in more positions and the carpet....wish we could get the leather without the carpeting....
Leather is great but won’t hold up well to getting wet as well as MGV.
Sponsored

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 mod’d Flex, ‘14 bmw i3, ‘93 mod’d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You have a nice knowledge base on the Bronco...we live in the same area...if I want to keep things simple, your thoughts on just getting the MIC with sound deadening AND the soft top for summers? Are they easy to switch or is it a pain in the butt?

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Short reply: For MD the soft top is working super well right now. But i've only had my WT for a month. I plan to eventually add a hardtop.

much much longer reply:
i haven't tried to take my soft top off yet, but from the 6G posts it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. I originally wanted the painted hard top, but switched to the soft top when the whole top fiasco was going on. I am super glad that i did - i'm truly loving the soft top, and in the MD climate i already constantly have it tossed back. For slightly colder days the bimini cuts down on what little wind there is, but honestly Ford has done a great job in designing the Bronco so that cabin wind is of little concern when the top is down.

That said, i do plan to have both a soft top and a hard top. Ford has already nailed the soft top. In my opinion a truly "good" hardtop doesn't yet exist, and i made a conscious decision to simply wait until one appears on the market, and also for reviews that then confirm that its great. That version of a hard top doesn't yet exist. But from watching the pace with which all of the aftermarket stuff is appearing, i have every confidence that an awesome version of a hardtop will show up. might take a year or so, but i'm fine with waiting.

Btw i forgot to mention in my earlier list of aftermarket preferences - the trailer hitch. i eliminated the trailer hitch from my original order. Aftermarket has stepped up on hitches, as long as you are fine with the four-pin flat connector. The two dominant hitches are Curtis and Drawtight, though there are others appearing (Maxlider brothers, etc). I accidentally ended up with both a Drawtight and a Curtis (long story). i immediately discovered that the Drawtight "protrudes" sufficiently that my bike rack will attach without a hitch extension; the Curt does not. Folks on 6G point out that the Drawtight will lessen your clearance for rock crawling - for my use i don't care. Folks on 6G also point out that the Drawtight will scar your shins when the back door is open. Well, ok, but for my bike rack usage i'll just have to live with that. Drawtight was super easy to install, BUT you will need to purchase extra washers from the local hardware store to use as spacers (others have discussed this). I also previously mentioned the Rekgen mudflaps, which i misspelled. The correct web address is rekgen.com. The flaps without the metal accoutrement are now also listed on their website. (reminder that they are designed for SAS vehicles - there aren't other options for SAS yet that don't cost an offensive loss-off-face amount of money, or that you have to modify yourself).

Hope that helps.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my opinion a truly "good" hardtop doesn't yet exist,
In what way in your opinion is the current MIC hardtop not good?

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In what way in your opinion is the current MIC hardtop not good?
it strikes me as sufficient, or even good, but not superb in the way the rest of the vehicle is superb. When some folks are removing the factory sound insulator and replacing with Noico its not quite there yet. Maybe the envisioned painted metal hardtop will be the superb option, dunno. BUT anybody reading my comments should be aware that i personally do not have a MIC top, so interpret accordingly. I'm just sharing a candidate philosophy.

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Short reply: For MD the soft top is working super well right now. But i've only had my WT for a month. I plan to eventually add a hardtop.

much much longer reply:
i haven't tried to take my soft top off yet, but from the 6G posts it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. I originally wanted the painted hard top, but switched to the soft top when the whole top fiasco was going on. I am super glad that i did - i'm truly loving the soft top, and in the MD climate i already constantly have it tossed back. For slightly colder days the bimini cuts down on what little wind there is, but honestly Ford has done a great job in designing the Bronco so that cabin wind is of little concern when the top is down.

That said, i do plan to have both a soft top and a hard top. Ford has already nailed the soft top. In my opinion a truly "good" hardtop doesn't yet exist, and i made a conscious decision to simply wait until one appears on the market, and also for reviews that then confirm that its great. That version of a hard top doesn't yet exist. But from watching the pace with which all of the aftermarket stuff is appearing, i have every confidence that an awesome version of a hardtop will show up. might take a year or so, but i'm fine with waiting.

Btw i forgot to mention in my earlier list of aftermarket preferences - the trailer hitch. i eliminated the trailer hitch from my original order. Aftermarket has stepped up on hitches, as long as you are fine with the four-pin flat connector. The two dominant hitches are Curtis and Drawtight, though there are others appearing (Maxlider brothers, etc). I accidentally ended up with both a Drawtight and a Curtis (long story). i immediately discovered that the Drawtight "protrudes" sufficiently that my bike rack will attach without a hitch extension; the Curt does not. Folks on 6G point out that the Drawtight will lessen your clearance for rock crawling - for my use i don't care. Folks on 6G also point out that the Drawtight will scar your shins when the back door is open. Well, ok, but for my bike rack usage i'll just have to live with that. Drawtight was super easy to install, BUT you will need to purchase extra washers from the local hardware store to use as spacers (others have discussed this). I also previously mentioned the Rekgen mudflaps, which i misspelled. The correct web address is rekgen.com. The flaps without the metal accoutrement are now also listed on their website. (reminder that they are designed for SAS vehicles - there aren't other options for SAS yet that don't cost an offensive loss-off-face amount of money, or that you have to modify yourself).

Hope that helps.
More great info...thank you.

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you’d have to take that up with the masses that try to make theirs into a Sasquatch or more after delivery.
I was with you until I saw and drove the Sasquatch. Changed my mind.
Did you like it better?

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on your opinion. Performance wise it is def better than the base bronco
Oh, I totally get that. Performance-wise, the Gen6 Bronco is better than the original. But let's be honest, the original still looks cooler. ;)

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I guess you are form over function. I am the opposite, pretty or not it has to work.

😬

Oh, I totally get that. Performance-wise, the Gen6 Bronco is better than the original. But let's be honest, the original still looks cooler. ;)

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you like it better?
Yes I like the Sasquatch Black Diamond better than the standard Badlands. Have no need for sway bar disconnect and the stance of the Sas is awesome. 4.7 gearing with the 2.7 is better for the 35’s if you want them. Down the road it’s just a little floating. I thought the Sas flares were a bit much until I saw them in person. I saved 3k from the non Sas Badlands. To me anything less than Sas is almost invisible.

Sponsored

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I like the Sasquatch Black Diamond better than the standard Badlands. Have no need for sway bar disconnect and the stance of the Sas is awesome. 4.7 gearing with the 2.7 is better for the 35’s if you want them. Down the road it’s just a little floating. I thought the Sas flares were a bit much until I saw them in person. I saved 3k from the non Sas Badlands. To me anything less than Sas is almost invisible.
I was just curious. I opted for the two-door Badlands (Non-Sas), but won’t lie, I strictly did it for aesthetic reasons. I wanted to have the option of the swaybar disconnect if I needed it, but I also just thought the rig looked a little too weird with 35 inch tires (2-door). And I really wanted that 12” screen. Granted I know there are jeeps out there with 40 inch tires on them. So I guess it’s just whatever floats your boat. I was also considering the aftermarket sales price. I felt the Badlands with all the off-road features and Lux would be maybe a little bit easier to sell, if I ever sell mine.

Time will tell. I have a little one in the oven that will be here in seven months. Hopefully by then the order banks will open up and I’ll be able to get a four-door🤷‍♂️

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you are form over function. I am the opposite, pretty or not it has to work.

😬
Yeah, I will not lie or try to sugarcoat it. I bought the bronco just simply because it looks cool. I am not an off-road maniac. If I had enough money I would be driving a 1976 resto mod with a coyote v8. AC, and all the bells and whistles.

And I would simply drive it to look cool. #NoShame😉

MAK3

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah….mine is NonSAS BL and invisible 😂 whatever. Enjoy your Bronco man - they’re all great and I’m glad there were so many options.
Ford Bronco Car and Driver Review: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak Tested: The Ultimate Bronco (for Now) 8C66E24A-16DF-4E60-9859-A3551E06C73F

Last edited:

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very impressive. It looks like you're having a ton of fun with this. I have that ole time vs. money issue...with 3 kids in travel soccer and working all the time, sometimes it's easier to just spend the extra money instead of trying to do things myself (I'm likely not as good as you at these things, anyway)...

I'm still spit on the WT vs. BL and I'd be adding all the goodies, either way. I was going to go manual as I'm used to that (see my 1985 4Runner), but I'm hearing most everyone goes auto now and whether on or off road, it's advantageous...
This should not be a decision for you. The answer is obviously to get the manual transmission in the BL model. This combination will allow you to go anywhere, and you get to 'drive' your vehicle. Unless you just want to be a 'passenger' and mall crawl, then get the WT and auto...;)

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah….mine is NonSAS BL and invisible 😂 whatever. Enjoy your Bronco man - they’re all great and I’m glad there were so many options.
Ford Bronco Car and Driver Review: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak Tested: The Ultimate Bronco (for Now) 8C66E24A-16DF-4E60-9859-A3551E06C73F
Mock-Squatch if not a Badlands.
I forgot to mention 2dr. 😉
Love your color though…
Sponsored