CarPlay so slow Ford, it’s 2023.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It does take a bit to load up, and often fails to connect on it's own. But once it's connected it's pretty smooth with good performance. One thing I did notice (and the same with Android Auto) is that when connected wireless, Google Maps navigation is hella slow and lags so bad I had to switch to Apple Maps (witch also sucks, but less-so than Google).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does take a bit to load up, and often fails to connect on it's own. But once it's connected it's pretty smooth with good performance. One thing I did notice (and the same with Android Auto) is that when connected wireless, Google Maps navigation is hella slow and lags so bad I had to switch to Apple Maps (witch also sucks, but less-so than Google).
Exactly. If it connects it’s good.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Smaller one
Apparently quite a few people are saying the 12" screen is faster and more responsive.

There's still no excuse for any infotainment to be slow. Blows my mind when a manufacturer cheaps out rather than getting a slightly better CPU just to save probably literally a couple bucks.

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Using a wire. And this is my 3rd recent new Ford. Even had direct contact with Maverick design team by invitation. They are aware.
if you talk to them again, tell them to bring back the ability to favorite a phone. before the last system update, my phone was favorited in the bronco so that when my wife and i were both in the vehicle, it would connect to mine first. now its a coin toss. doesnt matter that i deleted both phones and added mine first. SYNC just randomly picks a phone and goes with it.

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been using wireless carplay since I received the vehicle about 2 years ago and besides the slight delay between button press and action (expected with wireless) I haven't noticed any issue.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I find mine wants to default to Bluetooth. So if I plug in (usually to charge), and Bluetooth is on, it’ll cycle around for a while.
But like others, it turns on quickly with just Bluetooth

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had no issues with the Bronco thus far. I keep an iPhone cable in the vehicle, but haven't needed it yet. It is not like using the phone for sure. There is a touch of delay on buttons sometimes, but honestly it's not even close to being annoying for me.

I feel like I must be lucky when I read all these threads about how Ford sucks at this or that. I have a '16 F-150 that has been great. Even got CarPlay to work with that one after installing a new USB hub. Other than when it had a bad APIM (I think) module it has worked pretty well. Every once in a while I'll have a connectivity issue where I'll need to restart the head unit but that's about it. Not bad for a stereo that didn't support CarPlay when I bought it. My '18 Mustang that I sold to buy my Bronco worked pretty flawlessly as well.

Pretty good contingent of friends and family that drive Fords as well. Other than a few issues here and there nothing major to report. Wife did have one bad sensor issue on her edge but that's the only nagging/persistent issue I can think of across at least 15 vehicles past & present.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently quite a few people are saying the 12" screen is faster and more responsive.

There's still no excuse for any infotainment to be slow. Blows my mind when a manufacturer cheaps out rather than getting a slightly better CPU just to save probably literally a couple bucks.
I guess it's play to pay! lol

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

93% of the time I have no issues at all. Every now and then it’ll cut out intermittently whenever I slow down or stop. It’s very weird how it’s correlated to my speed. When I am driving at normal speeds it works fine but when I stop it acts like it’s trying to get reception in a parking garage.

Also, sometimes when I do speech to text, the audio resumes afterwards but only on one speaker. If I turn off the audio and turn it back on it fixes itself. I wonder if I have a short somewhere.

Sponsored

Loughmasta

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did notice that if I plug in my phone while I just turned on the car it is extremely slow and all the map applications act weird. However, if I just use wireless carplay it has zero issues. Are you plugging it in?

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Both my Bronco and my Mustang work great w/Carplay. There's a small delay when using wireless carplay, no delay when using wired.

Bronco has 12" screen and Mustang has Sync 3.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Drove my daughters VW again this morning. Plugged in my phone and last played song started in 5 seconds max. No pop ups, no selection to make. Just works.
Took forever with multiple attempts and replugging it into the Bronco yesterday. Come on Ford. This is not a new issue. Last three Fords I’ve owned in last 1 1/2 years all behave this way. Let’s see if this can be fixed in an update.
You plug in your phone?

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did notice that if I plug in my phone while I just turned on the car it is extremely slow and all the map applications act weird. However, if I just use wireless carplay it has zero issues. Are you plugging it in?
Yes

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wireless carplay works great. I have the 12 inch screen never had to plug in my phone. Have you received any OTA updates yet?
Sponsored