cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you, for anyone looking at this, you have to add it to your cart and then add the coupon code (which ebay lets you simply click on to apply) to get the $65 off. It doesn't show on the item page ;)

uknowhim21

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus GX 470, 2024 Bronco Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you, for anyone looking at this, you have to add it to your cart and then add the coupon code (which ebay lets you simply click on to apply) to get the $65 off. It doesn't show on the item page ;)
Looks like that coupon is no longer available.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just got my Amazonian one today, it shipped crazy fast (I just ordered it Monday I think) but it shipped with 2 left-handed mounting brackets. Contacting seller to see if they can get me the correct bracket before I just return it.

Had similar unboxing to @Jb7 - mostly intact, a bit of the paint marred here and there - nothing major bend up - apart from the incorrect mounting bracket that it shipped with.
Got the missing bracket in from Ruxer today. Just need the fog lights to show up and I can get it put on. To my surprise:

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper IMG_1779

vancomycin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got started assembling my bumper with pics/advice/videos from this thread. Got pretty far until I got to the fog light pockets where I realized I should have used clips. Finally found this video which I think does a great job of going into all the details (possible someone already posted this but I hadn't seen it in this thread yet):

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got pretty far until I got to the fog light pockets where I realized I should have used clips
Yeah I had mine all put together and realized the same thing. I had to buy some extras - I was 2 clips and 2 m8’s short from being able to cover all 3 of the fog light bolt locations.

That said, in taking it mostly back apart I did realize a couple of ways to better put it back together and took the time to loctite all the main structural bolt locations

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got mine done.

Once I got it up, I noticed a lot more imperfections in the metal. It took a few spacers to line up correctly.

All-in, between this Amazon purchase, extra bolts/nuts, the correct bracket and new intercooler brackets - I’m in for a bit less than $500.

$500 for a serviceable bumper that lets me fit wenches, light bars, and bull bars - and if I ding it up I won’t cry too much. So I’m happy

IMG_1789.jpeg

Adding a better pic
IMG_1790.jpeg

Previous plastic bumper
IMG_1784.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What lights did you put on?
Those are from 4x4TruckLEDs - the triple Diode Dynamics kit with SS3/SSC2 Pros.

I still need to align them - need it to get a bit darker out and then fight that fight. Just showing are the backlights with the Oracle backlit letters.

My picture ended up way too dark to really see the bumper :unsure: I need a better one.

But you can see the wavy metal out on the wing of the driver's side. - out by the fender.

vancomycin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got started assembling my bumper with pics/advice/videos from this thread. Got pretty far until I got to the fog light pockets where I realized I should have used clips. Finally found this video which I think does a great job of going into all the details (possible someone already posted this but I hadn't seen it in this thread yet):

Have included summarized notes from the above video and pictures of key steps of the assembly, regarding where the clips/bolts go. Had to buy 3 more M8 sized serrated flange nuts, and 1 more plastic fastener. Hope these help someone.

1. Remove the pre-fastened middle backing support rectangle
2. Attach the side wings to the main frame
3. Add 6 clips to the long thin support member that will be added behind wing+main frame
4. Secure the support member to the frame
5. Re-place/secure the backing support rectangle
6. Loosely secure the tow hooks thru the backing support rectangle

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper 1

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper 2

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper 3

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper 4

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper 5

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper 6

Finally, I had the Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount previously installed. When I went to install the new bumper, it would catch on the top lip of the winch plate in a way that was not immediately obvious (since I hadn't installed it myself, didn't realize it was a separate piece - RC describes this as a 'bumper filler panel' in their instruction section for plastic bumpers). Taking down the winch plate and unscrewing this bumper filler panel fixed the issue.

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper 7 (winch mount)

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Biggest problem I’ve had with the thing:

The clips for the fog light pockets. They don’t want to stay lined up and I stripped out probably 6 of them. I may just not be putting them in at the right angle or something though.

I did eventually get my brackets to stay put but it was a hassle.

Once you get the thing all the way together - it’s totally obvious, but until you do, it’s like staring at a jig saw puzzle

Potroast_Jr

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in the process of installing the ebay $300 modular bumper. I will say my experience follows what others have said. I had shipping damage and the end pieces don't align properly. Took me a couple hours of bending and pulling to align it and then a couple hours to get the screws and the hardware in the right places since it didn't have an instruction sheet (not that I would have trusted it anyway!).

In the end, it does look nice but it isn't as easy of a project as it should be. If you go this route, be prepared for a few hours of time just putting the pieces together. Coming from the capable bumper, the actual bumper swap was easy. I've almost completed the install, just finishing up wiring the lights and then mounting a winch.

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper 7 (winch mount)
I just got my Ebay bumper on from the capable as well. I love these fogs, which ones are these? Did you connect any of them to the factory harness, or all to aux switches?

DrewMackin

Heritage
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tesla Model 3, 23 Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just got my Ebay bumper on from the capable as well. I love these fogs, which ones are these? Did you connect any of them to the factory harness, or all to aux switches?
They are Nilight brand from Amazon, 3 inch cubes. I purchased a h8/h11 adapter from amazon to so I could use the harness for the factory switch. Easy to do and worked just like OEM. The rest were wired to the upfitter switches.
Sponsored