indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got mine yesterday and installed it last night. Definitely not a simple bolt it together and go deal.

The two mounting brackets were not bent correctly and so the holes did not line up with the main bumper shell.
I also added parking sensor holes (drilled with a step drill and cut the keying notches with a hand file).
A lot of trial and error with the order and location to put hardware.

The end result was a solid bumper. :)

I also put in the Rough Country Black Series lights.
2023-12-02 12.39.53.jpg
Looks like you have the wider Sas flares. Hard to tell exactly due to the photo angle, but seems like the bumper width is a decent match?

In the case of the less wide non-Sas flares, do you think that bumper would be wider than the flares?

Also I don't recall if the Ford OEM bumper differs in width for Sas vs non-Sas vehicles. Maybe someone here knows?
Sponsored

Vikkonen

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1991 BMW 318IS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered the factory brackets without the tow hooks on them from a ford part supplier for roughly $110,
Got a link or a part number? This would be the route I prefer to go should I decide to do this.

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Obx SaS/2021 Bronco sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It weighs 78 pounds, what does a factory one weigh? I would look at a real off road bumper if you plan on doing any sort of off roading. If only once in a while I hit a dirt road on the way to the mall this might be fine.
About 95lbs. I bought A take off for $400

jp925

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 2006 STi, 1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just an update to my initial review. I messaged the seller though Amazon and they gave me $80 refund from the shipping damage. Making this bumper 262 out the door for me; and in my opinion, worth every penny.

Sponsored

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Obx SaS/2021 Bronco sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I firmly believe Amazon has descended into a front for cheap Chinese knock-offs, I believe it's still a bit like Harbor Freight in that there are real quality deals (ICON, US General, etc.) to be found if you have the patience to look with a discriminating eye. I just ordered this brush guard

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSGLK5NB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

from TAC based on the review of another poster here. A little over $300, and I saw the same piece branded as Black Horse on the CJ Pony site for twice that price. I've been restoring cars and motorcycles long enough to know that there is often one supplier of a part for multiple price points, and sometimes those parts legitimately leak out the back door for sale on the loading dock.

But once it arrives I plan to do a full write up (like others have mentioned about this modular bumper) because I think it helps us all when we each add our own intel. I'm not a fan of the capable bumper, but it's full-width steel (for safety) and doesn't look all that bad. So if I can add a quality brush guard for a few hundred backs I'll be happy. If it's a bust, I may try this modular bumper. If that's also a bust, then I'll know. And everybody who reads my write up will know too.

Sponsored

DrewMackin

Heritage
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tesla Model 3, 23 Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm in the process of installing the ebay $300 modular bumper. I will say my experience follows what others have said. I had shipping damage and the end pieces don't align properly. Took me a couple hours of bending and pulling to align it and then a couple hours to get the screws and the hardware in the right places since it didn't have an instruction sheet (not that I would have trusted it anyway!).

In the end, it does look nice but it isn't as easy of a project as it should be. If you go this route, be prepared for a few hours of time just putting the pieces together. Coming from the capable bumper, the actual bumper swap was easy. I've almost completed the install, just finishing up wiring the lights and then mounting a winch.

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper IMG_8665

hold24

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F250 limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are all the sensor holes present on this amazon bumper? I see the plastic ones are

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just got my Amazonian one today, it shipped crazy fast (I just ordered it Monday I think) but it shipped with 2 left-handed mounting brackets. Contacting seller to see if they can get me the correct bracket before I just return it.

Had similar unboxing to @Jb7 - mostly intact, a bit of the paint marred here and there - nothing major bend up - apart from the incorrect mounting bracket that it shipped with.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Contacting seller to see if they can get me the correct bracket before I just return it.
So after some back and forth with the seller - I don't think they have a lot of latitude to fix things - they are just importing these things boxed up by the shipping container, and flipping them on Amazon.

At first, the seller countered asking if I would take $80 and keep the bumper. So I called my dealer. The part for me that was missing, my dealer wanted $130 to replace, so that's what I countered with, and the seller accepted and credited me back $130. Now to see where I can find that mounting bracket cheaper elsewhere online.

I really can't complain about the seller - they did what they could to make it right.

jp925

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 2006 STi, 1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm in the process of installing the ebay $300 modular bumper. I will say my experience follows what others have said. I had shipping damage and the end pieces don't align properly. Took me a couple hours of bending and pulling to align it and then a couple hours to get the screws and the hardware in the right places since it didn't have an instruction sheet (not that I would have trusted it anyway!).

In the end, it does look nice but it isn't as easy of a project as it should be. If you go this route, be prepared for a few hours of time just putting the pieces together. Coming from the capable bumper, the actual bumper swap was easy. I've almost completed the install, just finishing up wiring the lights and then mounting a winch.

Ford Bronco Cheap modular bumper IMG_8665
Did you find a cheat sheet on what uses the threaded clips vs the nuts and bolts? I’m having a hell of a time trying to figure out where to use them.
Sponsored