Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence:

1. Close the window.
  2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
  3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
  4. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
  5. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch
This worked like a charm and I had no idea this was a thing. Thanks! Any sneaky trick to recalibrate the clutch? šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
UPDATE:
I got in the Bronco to take a quick spin and the issue came back and is worse. I can hear the juttering even when Iā€™m not pushing in the clutch. The Bronco is not driveable, so looks like Iā€™ll be having it towed to the dealer. @Ford Motor Company Iā€™d love your input.

So, I am 620 miles into Bronco ownership and have had three issues so far with the latest being potentially the most troubling. The first issue occurred immediately. The airbag light came on day 1 and Iā€™ve had a driverā€™s side airbag circuit fault ever since. I was going to hold off taking it in for work until the break-in period is over because I donā€™t trust the dealership to respect the ā€œtake it easyā€ mandate in the manual. The second issue was a minor one. The driver window will not go all the way up on one touch. It stops halfway up every time. Also not urgent. Then last night I was cruising home and I slowed to make a turn and pushed the clutch in. It immediately started doing this weird ā€œjutteringā€ kind of thing. I could feel the jutter coming through the clutch pedal and I could hear whatever it was. It did not feel or sound good. I was still able to shift. It did this for the next three shifts and then went back top normal. Iā€™ve not driven it since, but I figure if it happens again, I will have to suck it up and go to the dealer. I really wanted to get the break-in period accomplished before putting it in the hands of dealership mechanics. So, about the issue itself, does anyone know if the clutch has any kind of electromechanical assist to make the pedal easier? If so, it could have been the solenoid or motor binding or hangin up. Thatā€™s really all I can think of that would have felt like that. It certainly wasnā€™t a hydraulics issue (if the clutch is hydraulic). Thoughts? Again, I expected issues on an early build, so Iā€™m not freaking out or anything and after two weeks of driving the 2.3 with the 7-speed, I wouldnā€™t take the 2.7 and 10 speed even as a free upgrade. The manual is so much fun. @Ford Motor Company any ideas what this could be?
As others have mentioned the TOB is hydraulic, which should be an incredibly low failure rate.

However, these units have not been assembled on the line for very long (remember that only 1 out of 10 or 15 will be a MT, so their assembly should be lagging predictably) so it would make sense that the early-assembly units would have corrections made on the line to prevent issues in every unit afterward.

A mis-aligned clutch would certainly cause these issues, but that would seem fairly hard to do given these are essentially line-assembled instead of on the car.

Very interested to hear where this goes and am sorry you're dealing with the early teething issues, but it's to be expected for the early adopters (i'm also ordering a MY21 2.3/MT and assume to be in the same boat as you whenever they get to my build).

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
UPDATE:
I got in the Bronco to take a quick spin and the issue came back and is worse. I can hear the juttering even when Iā€™m not pushing in the clutch. The Bronco is not driveable, so looks like Iā€™ll be having it towed to the dealer. @Ford Motor Company Iā€™d love your input.
Did you ever notice any burning smell earlier when driving the Bronco? Jeep JLs had an issue where the clutch was not fully engaging. Caused premature wear and failure. Those were replaced under warranty as a known issue.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My WAG is that there is an issue with either the clutch disc or the throwout bearing. A mis-aligned clutch would also cause a vibration.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever notice any burning smell earlier when driving the Bronco? Jeep JLs had an issue where the clutch was not fully engaging. Caused premature wear and failure. Those were replaced under warranty as a known issue.
No, nothing like that. Was fine then instantly wasnā€™t.

Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My ex wife had the Ford Fiesta with the power shit DCT transmission, when Ford tried to create their own version of a PDK and miserably failed. I feel your pain.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hate hydraulic throw-out bearings, have one on my 17. Another way is to press the clutch pedal about 200 times.
Doing this is the only way you will STAY PUMPED!

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, here is a short video where you can hear the jutter. I really donā€™t think itā€™s just air in the system. Iā€™ve had plenty of experience with that and that would go away once you let off the clutch. After experiencing it again, it gets worse when you depress the clutch, but is there even when you disengage. Seems like a mechanical issue. TB failing or misalignment maybe.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, here is a short video where you can hear the jutter. I really donā€™t think itā€™s just air in the system. Iā€™ve had plenty of experience with that and that would go away once you let off the clutch. After experiencing it again, it gets worse when you depress the clutch, but is there even when you disengage. Seems like a mechanical issue. TB failing or misalignment maybe.
Yep, I would be having that towed in! ā˜¹

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, I would be having that towed in! ā˜¹
Yeah, I donā€™t even trust tow truck drivers anymore. Had a guy hook up to the sway bar on my 944 turbo once and yanked it out of the mount, which broke the power steering pump bracket. Now I do my own towing. I canā€™t get my local dealer to call me back or answer the phone, but Iā€™ll take it in as soon as I can get a hold of them.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This worked like a charm and I had no idea this was a thing. Thanks! Any sneaky trick to recalibrate the clutch? šŸ˜‚
Edit after seeing the video take that in. It doesnt take that much driving like that to mess up the clutch disk so it may already be damaged.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My WAG is that there is an issue with either the clutch disc or the throwout bearing. A mis-aligned clutch would also cause a vibration.
Unless the pilot bearing or input shaft are worn out it's pretty hard to have a misaligned clutch.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I donā€™t even trust tow truck drivers anymore. Had a guy hook up to the sway bar on my 944 turbo once and yanked it out of the mount, which broke the power steering pump bracket. Now I do my own towing. I canā€™t get my local dealer to call me back or answer the phone, but Iā€™ll take it in as soon as I can get a hold of them.
Call Ford Roadside assistance. Should get you a free tow to your dealer.

1-800-241-3673

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ooof sounds bad. Hopefully it's just something that wasn't assembled correctly.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First suspect is the throwout bearing.Next is something rubbing in the release assembly when the pedal is depressed.
It sure as hell isn't air in the lines.
Never heard of a misaligned clutch.
Sponsored