First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve never had such a hard time choosing a color. In fact all of my trucks cars and motorcycles are usually black. This time I have chose four different colors four different times and none of them have been black… Now I’m considering another change since my build date still hasn’t come to fruition. What color did you get and why? Are you concerned that you made the wrong decision? They all pretty much look great.
Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went through the same thing. Landed on Velocity Blue. I wanted an actual color. On my other vehicles they have been black, gray, and white. I felt like the bronco should stand out.

We will see if I get it before 2023 though.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked Rapid Red.

In Phoenix, you would be crazy to have a dark color, they are just too hot when it's 116 degrees out. So all the dark colors are out.

White looks like a landscape truck, and silver looks like every F-150 that isn't a landscape truck.

Area 51 looks good, but it's the most popular color by far, followed by Cactus Grey, so I ruled those out as too popular.

That left Velocity Blue and Rapid Red. My wife said "any color except Velocity Blue" because her F-150 is Velocity and she doesn't want the cars to match.

Of the new colors, I liked Hot Pepper better than Eruption Green. I actually think Eruption Green would look great on a Mustang, or something with black trim, but all the trim on the Bronco is this indistinct greyish color.

Cyber Orange may be the best color, but it's a fairly hefty premium.

So, I picked Rapid Red, now I have Hot Pepper Red, and who knows what it will change to next year when Ford still can't figure out how to build a base model 2-door.

isubronco

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I chose carbonized grey, but not because I’m in love with it. Honestly, all the other contrasting colors drive me nuts because there’s too may shades of grey and black between the gloss black, matte black, MIC hard top, which is a slightly different shade than the fenders and every other plastic piece. Don’t get me started on the non-configurable interior inserts. Sorry, I don’t want a red exterior with orange accents.

Carbonized grey just makes them all kinda blend together.

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I chose carbonized grey, but not because I’m in love with it. Honestly, all the other contrasting colors drive me nuts because there’s too may shades of grey and black between the gloss black, matte black, MIC hard top, which is a slightly different shade than the fenders and every other plastic piece. Don’t get me started on the non-configurable interior inserts. Sorry, I don’t want a red exterior with orange accents.

Carbonized grey just makes them all kinda blend together.
I did not pic rapid red but I did drive one for a day and I must say that it did grow on my quickly, very sharp.

isubronco

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s what makes it hard. I like many of the available colors when they’re isolated, but put them in between somewhere in the area of 51 different shades of grey, and it just doesn’t harmonize well.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanted a bright, standout color so choosing been velocity blue, race red and cyber orange. Personal opinion, I'm not big fan of blue. Conversely, I'm a super fan of red but I already own two red cars. So went with cyber orange.

When I see pictures of Broncos in groups (like ice mountain 😒), I love how the cyber orange stands out. Also love the dynamics of the color with sun, clouds, and evening. When I look for my Bronco in a parking lot, I won't miss it.

So, bottom line, it's the school bus yellow for me 😀

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I struggled with color choice, too. I finally narrowed it down to Hot Pepper Red, Cyber Orange and Cactus Gray. But when I see Eruption Green, I wonder if I would have liked that better. Ultimately, I chose Hot Pepper Red. I recently saw HPR on a Bronco in person and it looked great!

Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well...I wanted Anti Matter Blue. But a July 19 2020 res didn't turn out to be early enough. I went with Area 51. None of these colors really look as good in pics as they do in person. And most of them (aside from black/white) look drastically different when it's cloudy vs. sunny. Like CG looks white/green/grey depending on the light. A51 looks grey, light blue, smokey blue. I know because I drive through the local Ford dealership like a stalker every chance I get drooling over every new Bronco that comes in.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went back and forth for about a month and was going to go Area 51, until I saw an Area 51 and a Velocity Blue in person in the AZ sunshine. I don’t like Velocity Blue on other Ford vehicles, but on the Bronco it blew me away. Just enough black accents to break the bold color up enough. It also looks fantastic with the OBX blue accents and roast seats. My daughter said YOLO dad, get the velocity blue! I’m so happy I did!

Ford Bronco Color choice? 050022FA-43B8-439A-9685-3D551299F36B
Ford Bronco Color choice? 1AF4366D-249F-497A-B53B-99D718300D34
Ford Bronco Color choice? 5281F571-B38B-483D-80E2-03F69A47C907
Ford Bronco Color choice? 091E7FE4-A2D2-4726-AC08-29E8D164ECE6

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Race Red for me, just hope my order comes through this year in fear of race red being dropped next year. Goes with my rangoon red 64 Fairlane and candy apple red 75 F-100.

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wish the Raptor trim would offer race red. Hot Pepper is good but too maroon like for my taste. I hope it is more red in direct sun light.
Sponsored