Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Evo Ducati 1100s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Motorcycles generally have poor excuses for a tach especially at speed. I can't tell you the last time I looked at a tach when riding and it'll be the same with the Bronco.
Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have vehicles that don't even have tachs.

Would a traditional tach have been better? Yes.

Is the digital tach/analog speedo combo incredibly stupid? Yes. Ford is good at making terrible decisions that regularly prove they are just sorta stumblefucking along hoping they pull through.

Will it be a problem? No. Not at all. You don't need a tach to know when to shift. Especially seeing as this is a modern vehicle with a rev limiter that will stop you from screwing up.
Stumblefucking is the name of my new band.

OP
OP

brettclutch

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thx guys for the perspective, funny how different people use tachs differently. I've put probably 100K miles on various motorcycles but still enjoy using my tach when ripping. Farting around I would agree, don't need it.

Good luck for those of you still on the fence re the 2.3L + manual or the 2.7 + auto. Do you go with the safe pretty blond or the scruffy wild redhead? Lifestyle choice here and considering I plan to have this vehicle for 10+ years I'm stressing lol.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it's funny that most modern, mall crawling sedans, suvs etc come with a tach. Most people don't even know what it means or how to use it. The only time I really use a tach is when towing or heavy hauling ( now with my Motorhome) to try to optimize speed/torque.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This will be the 9th or 10th stick I've driven. I feel like I looked at the tach more on my automatics... For things like when to turn off the overdrive.

A big part of what I like about manuals is how the sound becomes part of the driving experience. I always shift by sound.

(The other biggest reason I like stick, is I keep cars for a long time and have never had to replace a well-maintained manual trans unlike the inevitability of having to replace the automatic tranny somewhere between 80k and 180k.)

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'd agree but that's an 'excuse' to cover for the fact that there is poor visual engine speed user experience. I for sure have experienced what you discuss many times but I still find myself peering at the tachometer when I'm 'ripping' the gears to pull the max out of the engine. I wonder if I will feel that same 'excitement' with Bronco.
The tach sucks I agree. I don’t find myself using it as much in a Jeep as I did in sports cars.

Nothing like that tach in the middle on a 911 or the tach and speedo dash “tunnels” on the 240z though.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know about that..maybe on a Bronco but when my GT350 is high revving I'm looking at the tach
For sports cars yes (btw GT350 :love: ), but if you’re high reving a Bronco, you’re doing it wrong. :LOL:

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thx guys for the perspective, funny how different people use tachs differently. I've put probably 100K miles on various motorcycles but still enjoy using my tach when ripping. Farting around I would agree, don't need it.

Good luck for those of you still on the fence re the 2.3L + manual or the 2.7 + auto. Do you go with the safe pretty blond or the scruffy wild redhead? Lifestyle choice here and considering I plan to have this vehicle for 10+ years I'm stressing lol.
I hear what you're saying. The majority of the vehicles I've owned have been manuals, and I do use the tach when winding it out. I am on the fence as well; I'm 60 now, and this will most likely be my last new vehicle. But I've got Periferal Artery Disease, and a fall on my icy driveway last year resulted in torn MCL & PCL's in my left knee. Physical therapy got me to where I can drive my 5 speed, though in traffic it can be a bitch. The knee is still probably only at about 60% of what it was before. I have to wonder what it will be like in 10 years - if I live that long....

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what the gauges looked like in my first car. Had no problem with the bar.

Ford Bronco Concerns about Tachometer on Manual A87A9C38-D706-431A-AA62-B5ACE34EDB92

This was also the car that started my love of turbos lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

if I find it a problem I'll mount a tach on the dash accessory rail up where I could actually see it.

Maybe a HUD.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For just daily driving my subie, I never look at my Tach, but if for some reason I’m redlining all the gears, I will glance at it quickly so I shift before over revving. It’s useful.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I married a redhead, so....
Ford Bronco Concerns about Tachometer on Manual 1606599496063

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can drive anything you put under me without a tach, but i like them for a few reasons keeping revs under limit,once i figure out optimal shift speeds i like to try to stay close to that,keeping track of the condition of parts (clutch) theres a bunch more but i like to see the pointer go up and down too?lets me know everyone under the hood is on the same page.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs