First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You don't like the Ford model then....I suppose '..a decent looking deflector' is a matter of opinion. I like my OEM model.
I can't find an OEM hood deflector on the Ford website.
Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wish Ford sold a windshield warranty that covered rock hits, replacing it with OEM glass. A cheap add-on warranty like that would be very beneficial. At least, then, it would keep it off your claim history for your auto insurance. I wonder if you can buy a 3rd party coverage that replaces with OEM glass and keeps it off your auto policy?
I mentioned above, the finance guy at my dealer is looking into this for me. He thinks it'll cost around $600-800...which is just about the replacement price for a new OEM windshield. Not sure if that's better than windshield coverage through insurance.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a decent looking deflector for the hood that is specific to the Bronco? thanks!
I think deflectors are more for bugs...? They're not gonna help much with rocks

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think deflectors are more for bugs...? They're not gonna help much with rocks
I disagree. The deflector will provide some buffer, but depends on the size of the rock I suppose.

If you have a golf ball sized rock coming at your windshield - good luck. But most rock chips seem to be fairly small pieces, which could likely be re-directed with the air flow from the hood deflector. Plus it adds the extra protection from rocks hitting the front lip of your hood.

Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had never heard of gorilla glass until just now... :eek:

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True true, but Gorilla Glass is like Kleenex now to me. Brand name turned generic term. Hope they do it because I haven't even received my Bronco yet and I'm fairly certain it's already chipped.
Gorilla Glass is not like Kleenex. There's only Gorilla Glass and it's only available from Corning.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gorilla Glass is not like Kleenex. There's only Gorilla Glass and it's only available from Corning.
And Kleenex is only made by Kimberly-Clark.

I wonder how many people with Dragontail glass on their phones think it’s Gorilla Glass.

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Safelite is quoating over $1k to replace a windshield. Front door glass is $440. Make sure your insurance covers glass.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my Bronco last Tuesday. I had to take a road trip for work yesterday. I wasn't on the interstate more than an hour when a rock bounced off my windshield leaving a small chip. On my way back from the meeting another rock bounced off my windshield, but this one left an 8" crack! I've got a claim in with Safelite, but have been told glass is on back order. I waited 493 days to get the Bronco, wonder how long it will be to get a new windshield? Has this happened to anyone else or just my bad luck? Not sure that I'll ever take it back on an interstate now...
over the past 10 years I have bought three new trucks. I had the same thing happen to me on all three. My last one had about 300 miles on it when a jeep threw a rock up off of I-275 and put a big chip in it. The first time after that when I had it out in cold weather with the defroster on it cracked all the way across the entire windshield right at eye level. I have zero deductible on my glass coverage so it doesn't cost me anything to replace it.
Sponsored