Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm now seeing a shit ton of Rivians on the road everyday here in Atlanta..
Seeing a ton here as well. Helps that they are actually kind of decent looking, especially compared to the cyber truck
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So, as I stated in my earlier post, working men arenā€™t the target. This Cybercartruck is for tech guys and bankers and will be parked more in decks rather than job sites, but thatā€™s ok, because those guys are the market for this thing that costs $100K to boot if the other signs werenā€™t clear enough.
Isn't this for everything though? The first cars were toys for rich kids and the elite, once the tech got common place is when old Henry knew he could make money selling to the poors. Give it time, all the high tech ideas filter down to where a baseline KIA has as much luxury/safety items today as a 20 year old Mercedes S-Class.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't this for everything though? The first cars were toys for rich kids and the elite, once the tech got common place is when old Henry knew he could make money selling to the poors. Give it time, all the high tech ideas filter down to where a baseline KIA has as much luxury/safety items today as a 20 year old Mercedes S-Class.
Youā€™re correct bud, but thereā€™s something else at play here these days.

Back then, and even until maybe the Great Recession, the admiration for the rich was real, but now, I think there is more disdane.

What Iā€™m saying is, the normal and poor want to more eat the rich than ever in American history; blame the internets and information about the manipulation of the rich over the poor and working class that wasnā€™t possible in previous times.

Sure, some rich people can be considered cool, such as athletes and some celebrities, but mostly, the upper class is hated today more than ever. Itā€™s fascinating really to think about and observe.

Rich is much more out of reach than in the last 50 years and it looks more like luck and inheritance than maybe was understood.

Then there are the cults of personality of the mostly rich and tough talking guys; thatā€™s a thing today.

Think about the comments that many readers here have on the rich guy Broncos; not a ton of complements.

So, back to the Cybercartruck; think it may grab too much attention and there will be too many to be considered cool and that may lead to a hatred. I may be wrong here, but itā€™s sort of up in the air at this point.

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMHO - Tesla cars do have an appealing look to them, but the Cybertruck is (to me) like no one was monitoring the design team? It looks like the design was an afterthought? I just cannot stop thinking how much it reminds me of a major network made for TV sci-fi movie from 1983. :LOL:

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think heā€™s secretly attempting to corner the market on Police vehicles. Why else would he make the look like a battling ram and bullet proof.

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They have one at the Tesla store in a nearby mall. They had a line to get in to gawk at it. To each their own I guess but that thing is just straight up dumb. Itā€™s like something out of Minecraft.

100% the truck is going to be a serious magnet for the ā€œlook at meā€ crowd though and demand will far outweigh availabilitIy for a good long while.

I donā€™t hate Teslaā€™s at all Iā€™m just not smart enough to ā€˜get itā€™ when it comes to the cyber truck.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dimensions are still F-150. So thinking of packaging constraints.

The Lightning has been one gigantic disappointment.

EVs haven't figured out towing yet.

I think the next billion dollar idea is trailers (Thinking commercial first) with battery regeneration features. Imagine when coasting or decelerating if the trailer can help charge the tow vehicle's battery. Even some minor propulsion assistance. Like take off assistance and regeneration.
Iā€™m not sure I understand ā€œpackaging restraintsā€.

Iā€™m probably seeing one lightning for every 5 rivians right now.

Iā€™m not really that concerned about towing. It was never going to be great.

theres a new camper trailer company that added an EV motor as the axle. It does both regen and propulsion. Honestly is seems like a simple solution, just use a pressure sensor on the hitch to determine if braking or accel is needed. The tech would be immediately useful for both EV and ice.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMHO - Tesla cars do have an appealing look to them, but the Cybertruck is (to me) like no one was monitoring the design team? It looks like the design was an afterthought? I just cannot stop thinking how much it reminds me of a major network made for TV sci-fi movie from 1983. :LOL:
More like the design team was being held hostage by an idiot:

According to Isaacson, Musk personally pushed for a less conventional design, even if that meant potentially putting off some customers. He reports that Musk had been talked out of taking a similarly radical design for the Model Y (which has subsequently gone on to become a bestseller) but wouldnā€™t back down when it came to Teslaā€™s first pickup truck. ā€œI want the future to look like the future,ā€ Musk reportedly said. ā€œWeā€™re not doing a traditional boring truck. We can always do that later. I want to build something thatā€™s cool. Like, donā€™t resist me.ā€

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

theres a new camper trailer company that added an EV motor as the axle. It does both regen and propulsion. Honestly is seems like a simple solution, just use a pressure sensor on the hitch to determine if braking or accel is needed. The tech would be immediately useful for both EV and ice.
Until you come to a stop light going down hill and it immediately wants to push you into the intersection.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4 door automatic. Hard pass

Sponsored

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No doubt, the man-child whack job broke new ground with the steering by wire, 48-volt electronics, etc. But none of that is going to do anybody any good off-road. There will be no trailside tie rod replacements. That vehicle does not belong off-road whatsoever. I'm really not sure why it's even a topic on this forum.
The delivery event video showed the truck doing a lot of dramatic high-speed driving in the dirt. But driving off-road on flat dirt surfaces is something any crossover and many passenger cars can do. Conspicuously, the video included no low-speed type of off-roading on challenging terrain.

The one amateur video I have seen of it attempting an articulating hill climb looked pretty pathetic. I agree with you that this thing will likely be horrible in most off-road situations like extreme trails and rock crawls. Rivian has shown their R1T doing all sorts of off-road driving, from baja style desert running, to rock crawling in Moab, to even crossing the Rubicon trail. It was impressive. I am waiting to see Cyberturd attempt any off-roading besides throwing rooster tails on flat dirt.

The engineering is impressive but doesnā€™t make it a better truck. If instead, Tesla made a CyberRoadster sports car with this engineering and design, it would have been cool.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rivian has shown their R1T doing all sorts of off-road driving, from baja style desert running, to rock crawling in Moab, to even crossing the Rubicon trail. It was impressive.
Tyler on Snail Trail 4x4 podcast said he was at Gatekeeper in CA and there was a line, so they pulled over and were watching folks go in. I think he said eight Rivians went by, one with a plug in smoker smoking some meat. He went over and was talking to them, and it turned out it was part of the Rivian engineering team. They said they regularly went out to try their work on real trails (which Gatekeeper and what it leads to is).

They then spent five minutes talking about how smoking meats smells like Austin yada yada. Shots fired! lol

So yeah. Would really love to see a CT at Wolf Caves. I assume you can get a winch on it. lol

Ford Bronco Cybertruck only $68,890! 1701725396691

Last edited:

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm so surprised that guys on a Bronco forum would trash talk another car manufacturer, especially one that is all electric! (end sarcasm)

What has Ford made lately that has made headlines? Broken the mold? Become insanely profitable?

The Model Y is approaching the best-in-world selling vehicle status for '23. Tesla is the most AMERICAN MADE vehicle when supply chain and component makeup is taken into consideration. Tesla has no Union. Tesla has insane technology, new manufacturing methods (gigapresses, 48v architecture, dry electrode cell chemistry, it's own chip fab), and the biggest neural net in the world. Tesla has $23B in cash & cash equivalents on it's balance sheet. Tesla lead the EV charge and now ALL manufacturers are adopting their charging standard and converting to EV.

But don't let that stop you! Let the hating continue! The cybertruck sucks, it's a flop, Elon is a shame salesmen, all their cars are catching on fire and running people into telephone poles! Tesla is going bankrupt! Sell TSLA!

Meanwhile Ford & GM keep pumping advertising dollars into the newspapers that you are reading endless negative headlines from.

Moral of the story: people are sheeple!
The Ford homer hater comments are wildly naive on the subject. If they were educated on the subject they would know that most non-Tesla auto executive have publicly commented about the amazement of what Tesla has been able to accomplish, including Mr. Farley.

You forgot the industry first steer by wire. I could go on and on.

My fleet below. I like them all of them but our Tesla is on a whole different level.

2023 GMC HD 2500 AT4 Diesel
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
2023 Tesla Model Y Performance
2021 Ford Bronco Base 2.7 SAS

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Watched the Hagerty video on the cybertruck. It was interesting!
The drive by wire and new battery tech is most interesting.
The looks and utility are divisive as we all know but the re engineering that went into this is impressive .
Sponsored