BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully when the second Webasto plant comes on line for MIC this nonsense will cease.
Yup! And when the mod tops can be produced.

I’m so happy I gave up and opted for the softy. Hopefully my bronco comes in soon. have to go aftermarket for my hardtop fix
Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One way to see if your dealer is full of BS is to try and order from a different local dealer.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I call BS on this. The latest news out from Ford said they are building 300 hard tops per day.
I think the “300 per day” quote came from a customer service rep that got reprimanded for saying so. Everything I’ve read so far says the MIC is still in short supply. I hope I get delayed until ‘23MY, so I can get a painted modular top.

danimalbronco

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if we can get Ford to offer the hardtop at a later time for the $695 upgrade plus whatever freight shipping will be. Even if it costs $1500 total, if that means getting the bronco within the next 2 months or so and having a soft top and hard top that would be worth it to me

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the “300 per day” quote came from a customer service rep that got reprimanded for saying so. Everything I’ve read so far says the MIC is still in short supply. I hope I get delayed until ‘23MY, so I can get a painted modular top.
If you can wait why not just 99 the order?

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you try to buy your Bronco at the Boom Boom Room?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if we can get Ford to offer the hardtop at a later time for the $695 upgrade plus whatever freight shipping will be. Even if it costs $1500 total, if that means getting the bronco within the next 2 months or so and having a soft top and hard top that would be worth it to me
Bold move

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not gonna happen. First there's the cost of the soft top that needs to be added, MIC is 695+soft top cost and shipping is going to be expensive since it's going to be a big box. My guess would be $3-4k if not more.

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Greetings all,

Just back from the dealer (1-29-2022), after ordering my 4-door OBX and I was informed that Ford, for the time being, will no longer aloow orders for Broncos with the MIC, Molded In Color Hardtop on both 2 and 4 door Broncos. Evidently, FoMoCo is having major fitment issues, so that option is discontinued till Design can fix the fitment issue. I had to order mine with the soft top, or no order at all.
I ordered a second one today (in Virginia) and got a hard top 4dr Badlands ordered no problem.

BrotaryEngine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was trying to order with a dealer that was saying "Ford won't accept any orders for anything other than a 4-cylinder 4 door soft top". I got in touch with another dealer and my order for a V-6 2-door hard top was accepted by Ford with no issues.

I suspect the dealer you're working with is trying to push you into a configuration that will result in a sale in the near future, not the distant future. Find another dealer and get the configuration you want.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Like - they should have done this last May when they realized they had a huge MIC issue.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you can wait why not just 99 the order?
I’ll have to ask the dealer how that affects my position in the line, or maybe you know. I would gladly 99 the order if it puts me at the head of the line for a ‘23MY. The lease on my current vehicle can be extended to December. Hopefully, that coincides with a ‘23MY.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.