Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On the advice of my sales rep at my dealer, in order to be considered for a Raptor allocation, I needed to convert my reservation (made on day one) to an order, which I did in January 2022. I then got the email from Ford asking my interest in the Raptor, which I said yes and was then selected to receive one in February. Ordering banks opened in March. I called the very next day to place the order to be told their markup was $40k, which was then revised to $25k. I held onto my unplaced order and got an email from Ford congratulating me on the placement of the Raptor order just last week. I didn't ever think it was possible to place an order this late in the year. I confronted the GM at the dealer face to face on Friday who claimed that while this was my rez, the allocation was given to his dealership by Ford. He was unwilling to make it right, but placed the order in 99 status. I've escalated a case to Ford, but I'm fairly certain they won't do a think to help me. I'm trying to move the order to a different dealer, but don't think this is possible.
Understood:

So you need to call Ford to find out if you original reservation is tied to the Raptor order. If it is you need totell them the dealer hijacked your Raptor order (and your reservation) when you did not intend to place that Raptor order.

This is to rescue your original reservation.

Since you personally did not order a Raptor by March 28th, you probably gave up your allocation which now goes to the dealer. It had an expiration of ownership on March 28th.

At least this is my interpretation of how the GT allocations worked.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Understood:

So you need to call Ford to find out if you original reservation is tied to the Raptor order. If it is you need totell them the dealer hijacked your Raptor order (and your reservation) when you did not intend to place that Raptor order.

This is to rescue your original reservation.

Since you personally did not order a Raptor by March 28th, you probably gave up your allocation which now goes to the dealer. It had an expiration of ownership on March 28th.

At least this is my interpretation of how the GT allocations worked.
His Ford account will tell him because if it has the Raptor on it, his reservation original order got converted which it should have not been. In this case, the dealer just jammed it through instead of issuing a new "dealer order". in this case he has lost his order and that would prolly raise some flags at the regional level. You had an option to not select the Raptor and keep your order which is what this falls under at this point orginally.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

His Ford account will tell him because if it has the Raptor on it, his reservation original order got converted which it should have not been. In this case, the dealer just jammed it through instead of issuing a new "dealer order". in this case he has lost his order and that would prolly raise some flags at the regional level. You had an option to not select the Raptor and keep your order which is what this falls under at this point orginally.
Good point on the Ford account. Though I would still call to be sure because the OP received the order confirmation email.

FWIW, if I had not been fortunate and my dealer had insisted on ADM vs MSRP, I would have stayed on my price protected Badlands order and ceded my Golden Ticket.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer and sale persons name please.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Empire Ford of Huntington Huntington, NY 11743; Dealing directly with the general manager, Dave Toomey.
Thanks much. That’s all I needed.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your screwed
Hoping to get some advice. I was allocated a 2022 Bronco Raptor from Ford. Went to place order from my dealer and was slapped with a $25k mark up. I know this is the way of the world right now, but I’m not willing to pay that much. Held onto open order, but did not place. I get an email from Ford last week saying “congrats on your Bronco Raptor order”. I did not place order. Nor have I ever set foot in my dealership (Empire Ford of Huntington). I stopped by there on Friday and the GM came clean to me that he placed order with the intent to sell. I’m furious. Waited almost two years for this build with a rez from 7/14/2020. I’ve spoken to Ford countless times and have opened numerous cases. From those in the know, is there anything I can do here or am I screwed? Ford will not let me move order to another dealer. My current dealer willing to let me move, but I think it’s complete lip service.
crewed only thing to do is get people to blow up dealer website with negative reviews I seen this work for some forum members but it’s a long shot as long as ford has been making raptor svt vehicles or Shelby’s they have always been marked up which sucks there a few honest dealers but majority mark up fords performance line and people are dumb enough to pay that’s why they do it

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Also there was no reason for the dealership to essentially hijack OP's order/reservation. Ford assigned the allocations to the dealership and if a GT doesn't want it the dealership can reallocate that Raptor to another person or order as stock.

Hope OP works this out, dealership sounds lazy or incompetent.

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought that I did my due diligence with the dealer, Leif Johnson Ford in Austin, Texas. From what I read on the forums, they had not charged anybody ADM on their Bronco deliveries, until my Raptor golden ticket came along. They initially wanted $25k over, but now it is down to $15k over.

2 years of waiting for this bull.

There is still time for them to make it right, since the Raptor hasn't been produced.

Ford has really left the buyer in a terrible position.

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you just 99 your order and sit on it at least so it doesn't get scheduled in the meantime? It will probably cost you your Raptor but at least you could get a regular Bronco ordered. Folks really need to do their due diligence when selecting a dealer and get things in writing.
I had my order in 99 status, and Ford pulled it to be built anyway. Pretty sure that means shit anymore, just like everything else.

And before anyone says it, no it wasn't just my dealer that said it. We got with Ford and verified the status and how it was pulled, but since a vin was assigned we are now locked in with no ability to make changes.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Duff631

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I thought that I did my due diligence with the dealer, Leif Johnson Ford in Austin, Texas. From what I read on the forums, they had not charged anybody ADM on their Bronco deliveries, until my Raptor golden ticket came along. They initially wanted $25k over, but now it is down to $15k over.

There is still time for them to make it right, since the Raptor hasn't been produced.

He’s not interested in making it right. Gave him that opportunity face to face last Friday. The GM has lied to my face over and over and taken prior allocations from other customers as well. Ford won’t do anything to stop this from happening. It’s all lip service. The guy told me he’d transfer my order to to another dealership I lined up across the country. It’s just not possible. Both confirmed by Ford and the other dealership. He will have to sell the other dealership my allocation at cost and have it drop shipped from the factory which we all know he’s not going to do. I’m resigned to the fact that I’m completely screwed here. Hands down the single worst car purchasing experience I’ve ever had. For anyone in the market for a Ford, steer clear of Empire Ford of Huntington in NY. In fact, steer clear of their entire Empire Automotive Group. I’ll never buy a Ford. Ever.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry you have to go through this. Thank goodness this process is changing. The EV reservation/order process is nothing like the current ice process. Hopefully they'll be able to change the whole thing over someday.

Noodlesoup

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I also spoke to leif johnson ford and they shamelessly said that any walk-in raptor order would have 40-50k of ADM tacked on. For this reason alone I won't be buying any more vehicles from leif johnson ford. It's a shame, i had a previous good experience buying a normal F-150, but this bronco business has brought out all the bad in a lot of dealers/sales managers.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You could try the legal route, cause technically the dealer wouldn't have a Bronco available without your original reservation.
Sponsored