NinjaQK

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey this is my first post. I just talked to Lakewood Ford (part of Titus Will Ford) in Tacoma, WA about the order that I currently have placed with them. Apparently they are now marking up all orders by $3k to $4k. Not just any new orders, but existing orders as well. I made the mistake of not getting a signed buyers agreement. I plan on trying to move my order to a different dealership if that's still possible.

Just wanted to let everyone know to check with their dealership to make sure they haven't changed their policy on orders.
Sponsored

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well isn't that so nice of them. Did they at least have the decency to buy you dinner before giving it to you up the tailpipe?

Some dealerships . . .

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is happening all over. I'd tell them that the reason you picked their dealership is because you didnt expect them to play games like that. There are many dealerships not doing that.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks, it seems on the lower end of ADM but sucks regardless

Bear in mind that despite people saying everyone should have one, a lot of dealers were not offering signed buyers agreements for vehicles that wouldn't be delivered for a year+ out, and Ford didn't mention it either early on as part of the process. And it wasn't that easy to move a reservation once people realized the crap that was going on

People trusted people who have an untrustworthy reputation.....who would have thought lol

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey this is my first post. I just talked to Lakewood Ford (part of Titus Will Ford) in Tacoma, WA about the order that I currently have placed with them. Apparently they are now marking up all orders by $3k to $4k. Not just any new orders, but existing orders as well. I made the mistake of not getting a signed buyers agreement. I plan on trying to move my order to a different dealership if that's still possible.

Just wanted to let everyone know to check with their dealership to make sure they haven't changed their policy on orders.
Sorry that's happening to you, but this sort of thing has been happening for a while. And also people are just paying markups, which normalizes it. So you can thank your dealer and those customers. That's the Bronco scene, ain't it wonderful? ;)

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers: Let's follow what other bad dealers and strap some adm on to already inflated prices and high interest rates.

Also Dealers: diRecT TO cONsumERs iS unFaIR! SmALL bUsInESs!!!

There are tons of good dealers, mine included. But this problem will force Fords hand to direct to consumer. I would never pay ADM, and if I ever got in that position I would never use that dealer and brand again. Period.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got notice by email a couple of days ago we have a new reservation for a '21 Bronco. Lady called the next morning to tell us her BL is going to get scheduled soon. I can verify the reservation did transfer from another dealer to us but did not drop her build spec into WBDO. Basically looks like what a new reservation did when Ford opened it up in '20. No call from Ford, customer assistance, our region to let us know how to handle this. I guess we have to build it like a new order but I don't think she's going to have any price protection or if she's going to be able to keep her place in line by time stamp.

I'm not griping we got an order transfer, I bitching about Ford not contacting us and communicating the circumstances behind the transfer, if she's still price protected, or what the hell her build was. My question to Ford is, how are we supposed to make this a smooth transition if we don't know what the hell is going on?

ETA: Don't ask me for an explanation but we found out the lady's reservation (7/16/20) didn't get converted to an order. We were under the impression this couldn't happen after all of the different conversion date announcements. It was my understanding that anything not converted to an order would get zapped from the system. Again, no idea how this happened, the backstory, original dealer or how she was able to get Ford to either transfer or resurrect the reservation.

Last edited:

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m not thinking it is a coincidence that this is noted shortly after all this conversation about not taking new orders until at least Q4 this year. That was a magic wand to say ā€œlooks like we can charge what we want and youā€™ll have to like it or walk!ā€

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask them how many millions in inventory sit outside and unprotected at their dealership. Follow-up by asking them where you might rent a cement truckā€¦ and leave it at that.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your experience. But sad to say it is now a common practice. My dealership went from saying no mark ups on original orders to 10k.

Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I now feel lucky for getting a 21 4-door Wildtrak with leather, tow, sidesteps, 2.7, high for under $57k. Sounds like the new Heritage limited will be $68k plus ADM. at that price, I would start to want some more luxury fit and finish inside. And some vented cooling seats!

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While regretful, this doesnā€™t even qualify as news anymore unfortunately. Sorry it happened to you.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

you're at least 6 months or so late to the party on this one.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Canā€™t fault you for not signing a contract. Until recently, I donā€™t think many could have predicted just how slimy and douchy dealers actually got, and how shameless too.
Sponsored