First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
so the dealership told you, a week before the unit is even scheduled to arrive, that the owner was taking it when it did. Not even waiting to see if you would not want it or pay ADM, forcing a confrontation before it even got to the lot?

While everything about this screams bullshit troll, I will bite; what earthly good does you complaining about it do?

Your Bronco is gone, everyone else with a reservation or walk in order is locked into the dealer they have, no transfers, there are no new retail orders right now, so even if there was a person or two thinking of ordering with that dealer, they can't.

It will rile up some of the masses and the mob who wants any reason they can rationalize to burn a dealer to the ground (hopefully figuratively) based only on the say so of a brand new account and a fishy story and that is really what you want, right?

There is no other reason to bring it up as explained above.

Good luck with stirring up the shit pot and leaving before you have to lick the spoon!
I was just checking to see if there was anything else I could do and to warn others about them.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what's the story?
Agreed, we'd like to know. He mentions legal channels, implying the op did something wrong. Is that member another dealer posting on our forums? Location USA...hmmmm...Vehicles...Fords...

We need Ford on this thread to look into this one. Seems like reserving a Bronco can get people into a lot of trouble. Buying a car shouldnt be this difficult.

Last edited:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree, but going to most dealerships is torture. Like what takes so f’ing long? Dealership we use does everything over the phone and through text. When a deal is agreed upon they print everything out and have it ready when we arrive, in and out in 15 minutes.
I drove 4.5 hours one way…wish they would’ve had everything ready to go when I got there. Ugh. Was still at the dealer for like 3 hours.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These Ford dealers are real scum. Hearing this stuff non stop really gives me pause to actually buy a Bronco and cancel my order and just wait till all this hype and crap is behind us in like 23 or 24
Fortunately they are not ALL like that! I reserved mine just after midnight on Day One . . . placed the 2021 order with my dealership - where I have done business (along with my family) for several years and vehicles - no deposit. They were excellent the whole way in keeping as posted as they could about progress and issues. When my order turned into a 2022 I began to have second thought and wondered how the 'price guarantee' would work but they continued to assure me it would be cool in the end and worth the wait.

I finally took delivery on March 28th . . . after some confusion regarding the 675.00 roof credit (because the WT no longer comes with the MIC top included and I still wanted it!) they just added it to my surprisingly reasonable trade allowance and that was that. I drove away my 59710.00 Wildtrak (that I probably could sell for 75-80k today) with a friendly payment and great feeling about the way it all went with my dealership - Lamoille Valley Ford in tiny Hardwick, Vermont.

It just sucks that so many dealerships are not treating customers with the value and respect they should. I realize how lucky I am and have been and it will keep me coming back, along with my family and several friend, to this small-town dealership . . . 90 minutes from home!

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, they do. And I know the story behind this as well. I will let the owner at Akins know about this thread and then he can deal with the OP through necessary legal channels.
You can’t drop a bomb like this then peace out! 😂

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no backstory or information here with which to draw any conclusion or opinion. You have a couple of blurbs that can lead someone to jump to the conclusion that you have been wronged, but that's it. Typically, someone will share the entire background and facts if they would like to convince someone to side with them, offer help, or even just sympathetic feelings. How about you share the full story and let things fall where they may? Right now, I don't see how anyone is on your side or not.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet op took a deal on a different vehicle with the promise to pass on the Bronco and is now trying to backpeddle and get it to resell or something...too much wtf here.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably someone else’s reservation that OP paid for!

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I drove 4.5 hours one way…wish they would’ve had everything ready to go when I got there. Ugh. Was still at the dealer for like 3 hours.
my dad started doing this years ago. He would go to dealer after they close, would look around and find what he wanted. He’d call the next day and do everything over the phone. He would then make them (lol) have all the paperwork ready and tell them if it wasn’t ready he’d walk. Which he’s done twice. He flat out refuses to sit at a dealership longer then about 20 minutes. It’s funny going with him, he starts getting all amped up around 15 minutes in “I’m about to f’ing walk on these dip sh!ts”😂. So I started doing the same thing, just tell them I don’t have the time to come by, of course they always try to get you to come in. Just negotiate everything through text or phone. I ask them to have everything ready instead of demanding like my father does. A good dealer doesn’t care how they sell a car is how I look at it, making you sit there for hours just means they don’t respect you.

Our current dealer has been good, been buying from them for years. Our salesman left but the new guy doesn’t seem to mind doing things the same way.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can’t drop a bomb like this then peace out! 😂
Sorry. This dealer did nothing wrong and I'd rather let them handle it with the OP should they choose to legally. I would knowing what I know.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because an attorney wouldn't do anything.

It wasn't his vehicle. He has absolutely no legal claim to the vehicle without a deposit and signed order.
That's bull, also. The sticker says it was a special order, just like yours and mine. If he was a July 2020 reservation then he does have $100 deposit in the game. That amount small as it is should stand up in any court in any jurisdiction
Ford corporate accepted $100. Sure they funneled it to the dealer but until a reservation holder asks for and accepts their $100 back then there is still a legal and binding contract

(If any of you had to cough up more than your original refundable deposit when converting your order I feel you will always have trouble with your dealer)

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's bull, also. The sticker says it was a special order, just like yours and mine. If he was a July 2020 reservation then he does have $100 deposit in the game. That amount small as it is should stand up in any court in any jurisdiction
Ford corporate accepted $100. Sure they funneled it to the dealer but until a reservation holder asks for and accepts their $100 back then there is still a legal and binding contract

(If any of you had to cough up more than your original refundable deposit when converting your order I feel you will always have trouble with your dealer)
Ford specifically states that a reservation does not guarantee delivery of the vehicle. Again, there’s no legal claim to these even if it’s a special order.

“Reservation does not guarantee vehicle delivery nor priority for ordering a vehicle. See Reservation Terms and Conditions for important details.”

I actually placed a $500 deposit with my dealer and had zero complaints in doing it. Keeps things like this from happening.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

damn
Totally not my experience in criminal or civil court.
Are you willing to take on cases for members trying to pursue this?

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford specifically states that a reservation does not guarantee delivery of the vehicle. Again, there’s no legal claim to these even if it’s a special order.

“Reservation does not guarantee vehicle delivery nor priority for ordering a vehicle. See Reservation Terms and Conditions for important details.”

I actually placed a $500 deposit with my dealer and had zero complaints in doing it. Keeps things like this from happening.
I'll never understand why people support all these shady dealer practices. Get a dealer that will honor their word. Signed orders, extra deposits, all that stuff only encourages the status quo and rewards bad dealers.

When I reserve something, it's the agreement. Making changes to that after the fact shouldn't be acceptable for any industry but somehow we've come to accept it with vehicles. Let's just agree to stop that. There's no need to ask if someone has a signed document or put in a deposit, they reserved a vehicle at a price and now a dealer is changing the deal out from under them. If they have a build sheet, an email with a price agreement, or window sticker with the price, that's all they should need.

(I understand this may not be the case here, there's a lot of unreliable narrators in this particular story. These waters are quite muddy. Is there an issue, is there a dealer shill, no idea.)