First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll never understand why people support all these shady dealer practices. Get a dealer that will honor their word. Signed orders, extra deposits, all that stuff only encourages the status quo and rewards bad dealers.

When I reserve something, it's the agreement. Making changes to that after the fact shouldn't be acceptable for any industry but somehow we've come to accept it with vehicles. Let's just agree to stop that. There's no need to ask if someone has a signed document or put in a deposit, they reserved a vehicle at a price and now a dealer is changing the deal out from under them. If they have a build sheet, an email with a price agreement, or window sticker with the price, that's all they should need.

(I understand this may not be the case here, there's a lot of unreliable narrators in this particular story. These waters are quite muddy. Is there an issue, is there a dealer shill, no idea.)
Literally nowhere did I defend the dealer or their practices. I’m simply stating that you have no legal claim to the vehicle just because you placed a reservation with Ford. Getting an attorney involved (which is what I originally quoted) would do nothing.
Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Literally nowhere did I defend the dealer or their practices. I’m simply stating that you have no legal claim to the vehicle just because you placed a reservation with Ford. Getting an attorney involved (which is what I originally quoted) would do nothing.
Fair enough, sorry about that. You are right on that, you do need documentation for that.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I purchased from Akins Ford and had a great experience. No BS. They even gave me free a full skid plate package with install.

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I purchased from Akins Ford and had a great experience. No BS. They even gave me a full skid plate package with install.
Sounds like the OP had a completely different experience. Hopefully we get more to this story.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

damn
Totally not my experience in criminal or civil court.
Are you willing to take on cases for members trying to pursue this?
Her in PA a handshake and verbal commitment still hold up in court. And IF the OP is actually a $100 reservation holder converted to a valid 2021 turned 2022 order I don't see him losing in court.

Caveat: he never indicated or admitted to being a First Day reservation or even a first year reservation, let alone a deposit receipt holding order, just that his name was on this order (which could not happen without initial action by dealer since we are far removed from being able to order directly from Dearborn)

Maybe this law firm would be interested in a class action lawsuit representing every order at MSRP (which unless the dealer added language at the time of your order conversion) where dealer added ADM at delivery Handshake Agreements and Breach of Contracts - Maginnis Howard

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

True, but that is what conversion to reservation was all about. And OP claims with somebobody's emails form Ford that this vehicle has/had his name on it - which could NOT happen unless a reservation was converted to an order. All I am saying is that no money had to have ever changed hands for a signed order to be enforcable.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else feel Cat Fished?

Maybe the OP is busy trying to sort through issues with the dealer but he needs to fill in the blanks if he's going to post on such an incendiary topic.

Maybe he is a long time member, wisely creating a new profile, and is hesitant to go all Putin on the dealership and risk sanctions.
But the forum deserves closure.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It looks to me like the OP dodged a bullet there. He almost got stuck with a Bronco Wagon with too many doors - in White?. I'm sure that 20-25% of the people would agree with me. lol

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This thread has not delivered at all...

Ford Bronco Dealership takes Bronco 1 week before delivery B537C6DE-A94E-4888-8882-40B660AD3DBE
word on the street (okay a post by a user in this thread) is that someone knows the details but won't spill the beans...we've all been had and left hanging!

mbelding816

Badlands
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased from Akins Ford and had a great experience. No BS. They even gave me a full skid plate package with install.
I ordered from Akins as well. Did you have Wild Willies do any custom work for you? If so, curious what you had them do.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It looks to me like the OP dodged a bullet there. He almost got stuck with a Bronco Wagon with too many doors - in White?. I'm sure that 20-25% of the people would agree with me. lol
No such thing as too many doors, just not enough space to store them all. Some peeps want tube doors or how about cutaway like the old Jeep Jeepsters . Myself not a huge fan of white but an all white canvas waiting to be wrapped or decal embossed. Is that tattooing for cars?
Sponsored