Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write up! I installed mine last weekend as well and had the same issue you did but Alan was helpful in getting it resolved for me. I agree this is solid product and am happy with it. I got the molle panels and they work great and it didn’t add too much extra time to the install but I definitely spent more than 4 hours on this.

233F7D1C-E893-48B5-8E0A-1422B95835F1.jpeg
1688CAF9-566D-40AA-A67E-38D86C8CD420.jpeg
F49C1F25-0F61-436B-B178-E80D0C14366F.jpeg
7D954FB8-FE0C-465C-810F-811065AC4041.jpeg
29CD5EBE-2855-430C-B1F7-C6F8E7FCF5C2.jpeg
Looks like a hell of a setup you have there!
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, this being modular really makes sense and makes it something that I think i'll get. I need to see how this fits with the Built Right Industries rear molle panels though.

@Diabolical Inc will that visor shelf be making its way to the bronco? That seems like a must have also.

Kdxzoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up! I installed mine last weekend as well and had the same issue you did but Alan was helpful in getting it resolved for me. I agree this is solid product and am happy with it. I got the molle panels and they work great and it didn’t add too much extra time to the install but I definitely spent more than 4 hours on this.

233F7D1C-E893-48B5-8E0A-1422B95835F1.jpeg
1688CAF9-566D-40AA-A67E-38D86C8CD420.jpeg
F49C1F25-0F61-436B-B178-E80D0C14366F.jpeg
7D954FB8-FE0C-465C-810F-811065AC4041.jpeg
29CD5EBE-2855-430C-B1F7-C6F8E7FCF5C2.jpeg
This looks fantastic. The Molle panels really upgrade the space!

Question for you, how is it closing the soft top with the windows in? Normally don’t you grab the back bar from underneath and pull down? This doesn’t seem possible with the tailskin in place and the window in. Thanks

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks fantastic. The Molle panels really upgrade the space!

Question for you, how is it closing the soft top with the windows in? Normally don’t you grab the back bar from underneath and pull down? This doesn’t seem possible with the tailskin in place and the window in. Thanks
Great question so had to go try it. There is a small gap there so you can reach up there to access the latches if they don’t click into place when you pull it down. It’s a tight fit but manageable.

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 81047B0B-FB87-4AAD-A6B3-C44456E4EA7E

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for writing this up. This is now on my shopping list.

I was a bit concerned about rattle noise when I first read about it, less so now.

I wanna go topless this summer and don't want to move all my stuffs out of the back all the time. So, "come on payday!" and I'm in.

Sponsored

brokeray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m trying my to visualize how to close the soft top with the window on. I’m thinking you cannot grab it and pull down like normal because of the tailskin. Do you just grab each latch and pull from there?
To close it I just let it slam shut since it clears all the skins. The latch levers actually barely hit the top (after latching) so there’s a clunk when dropping it shut. To open there’s enough space to get fingers in there to unlatch.

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone tell me the height from floor to ceiling. I want to know if I can fit my 52 qt lioncooler which is just under 2ft tall. I may need the add on to increase the height.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone tell me the height from floor to ceiling. I want to know if I can fit my 52 qt lioncooler which is just under 2ft tall. I may need the add on to increase the height.
Just a hair over 20". Diabolical does offer addons that add another 4" and 8" of clearance if needed.

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good writeup and matches my experience exactly. The holes issue added a couple of hours to the install and added a few extra beers needed after. I ended up getting it scorching hot with a heat gun and hammering the shit out of them to get them to stick in. After install it's pretty tough to get the pins in the top and fold down piece, but Alan says in the video that its because the seals are new and need time to settle. For now you definitely need to put body weight on them to get the pins in. Overall really happy with the end product even if install was a pain.
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650743413157

Sponsored

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Soft top owners will have a couple more ‘cons’ on their list than hard top owners (except for those with the Bestop Trektop).

This is mainly because you’ll be reminded of ‘the little things’ every time you open/close the slipstream and/or soft top. The soft top latches and slipstream tailskin do not clear each other without having to negotiate the positioning when folding the the tailskin-side of the slipstream. This could be remedied if Diabolical made the tailskin about half an inch shorter (and make the hardtop brackets a little bigger to make up for it.) On one hand, i get that they are trying to keep their costs down by keeping as many pieces the same as possible (for both Jeep and Bronco), but when you’re paying over $1,000 for something that can’t open/close cleanly…that does irk me a bit.

For soft top owners with the IAG EZ Lift, you know closing the soft top is a little more difficult due to the struts and the slipstream will incrementally add to that. If you can’t reach the top corners of your soft top to forcibly close it, it may be more awkward/difficult to close when the window panels are on.

Other than those two issues that really only pertain to soft-top owners…the product itself is still better than what’s currently on the market.
we have already taken the extra out of the tailskin. As we move forward, I’m sure there will be tweaks here and there and we will post them here as well.

stay tuned to out Facebook/Instagram for updates as well.

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The other thing I would note is that it’s actually 80% aluminum and 20% steel. The only steel pieces are the brackets and frame system.

we do this for a few reasons:
Aluminum won’t rust
Aluminum is more forgiving when it comes to bending/flexing
Combined with the powder coating, Aluminum won’t crack the powder.

This is most of the reason for cost.

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi Everyone, I had been in the market for a security enclosure to help protect some of my more valuable work items from prying eyes. I wanted to be able to roll around with my top off and not have to worry about constantly moving my work gear in and out of my vehicle. I looked at Fords offerings and was tempted by the Tuffy lockbox enclosure and the security drawer. Unfortunately both of those devices have seen a mix of reviews with problems from accessibility, shipping damage and overall storage space. Nothing seemed to check all the boxes for what I was looking for. That was the case until @Diabolical Inc became a Forum Sponsor and introduced me to their Slipstream Security Enclosure system.

I had never heard of the Slipstream Enclosure or Diabolical Inc for that matter. A quick google search will lead you to their website where they have an array of security devices for Jeeps. Everything they make has been reviewed favorably by the Jeep crowd. They also have a number of accessories that you can add to further enhance the capabilities of the security enclosure.

Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure: https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/coll...s/slipstream-bronco-security-enclosure-4-door

Quick Video Overview of the System:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

What jumped out to me:

1. Completely enclosed storage space for the tailgate
2. Access from the backseat
3. Bi-fold cover for easy access
4. No exterior nuts for easy removal. If someone wants to get in they are going to need to beat the living hell out of this thing.
5. Foldable backseat wall incase I need to carry anything that extends past the length of the tailgate
6. Easily removable incase I need to carry something that is too tall to fit below the lid of the security enclosure
7. No drilling at all. The system uses all existing bolt hole locations!
8. Made in AMERICA. Some people might roll their eyes at this but I'll happily pay a little more knowing it was made here in America.
9. Service. Alan is the owner of Diabolical and he has been great to work with. He gives out his own cell number and offers to call/text/facetime in order to help out his customers. This past Friday I was installing my system and had a question... little did I know Alan was at Easter Jeep Safari with a booth full of customers. Despite this he stepped away for a water break and made it a point to call me right back. (Ford I hope you are reading this and taking notes!)
10. Future accessory capabilities. Below is a link to what they offer on their Jeep system which will be coming to the Bronco as well.

https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/collections/jl-collection

What I Didn't Like:

1. Price. Due to this being engineered to fit an existing space a lot of research and trial and error went into this I am sure. It is also entirely made out of steel which as seen with Ford's tube doors... the price has skyrocketed in the last year. I was fortunate enough to buy my Slipstream when they had a 15% off promotion. My total after taxes was just over $900. At the time of this writing the full price is $1200. When I pre-ordered back in February the price was $1100.
2. Being the first to try a third party product with a steep price.

Installation

I have ordered a handful of accessories from Ford and other vendors and no one comes close to the packaging that Diabolical provides. Seriously... it's Apple esque in the way they are able to fit everything in so nice and tidy. When you open the box the first thing you will be greeted by is a letter from Diabolical Inc. (Picture below). In addition to the organization the other thing that stood out is that everything is labeled and hand wrapped. When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING! Getting everything unwrapped was almost comical but I'm glad it kept everything safe. Finding a part was no issue as everything was properly labeled and marked. They also provide plenty of nuts and bolts on purpose so there should be no issues if you lose/drop something.

Packaging Photos

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1650743413157

Installation Observations

1. Make sure you follow Alan's tips and installation order in their Youtube Video. I recommend completely watching it before you do the install and then following along when you perform the work. Some smaller things can be done ahead of time but given the tight proximity of the area and the number of bolts there is a method to the madness.

Installation Video:

2. The issue I mentioned above which resulted in me having to call Alan was in regards to the lower rear seat wall panel bolt openings. They were laser cut in but are just a hair too small on this first batch. When I spoke to Alan on the phone he knew about this already and was able to provide some pointers on how to get the bolts through with minimal effort. These bolts are right up against the plastic lip on the back of the second row so it is not an easy spot to reach. I needed something to hold the smooth bolt head still while I cranked down the nut and pulled it through the opening. I ended up using a ratchet wrench on the one side to help hold the bolt head down while I tightened from the other side. Despite the opening being laser etched a hair too small it pulled through.

3. Take your time and make sure you follow the instructions in the video to a T. I got a little ambitious towards the end and started tightening some stuff up a little too early. I paid the price as I had to go back and readjust later on in order to get certain pieces to line up.

Installation Photos

Closing Remarks

It is still early but so far I am very satisfied with the system. I had a small rattle at first but I quickly found out this was due to me forgetting to tighten a nut down. The little rattle I now hear from time to time is from the pins but I'm sure I can eliminate that as well. It's so faint though that you can't hear it with the radio on. Special thanks to Alan with @Diabolical Inc for taking the time to answer my questions and deliver a stellar product. Also, thanks to @Rendo who also installed a Diabolical Slipstream system and helped answer some of my trouble shooting items.

Thank you for this.
Cheers
Sponsored