Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Supposedly PN is MB3Z-6750-B and engineering number is MB3E-6750-BA. I will update the post when mine arrives for comparison.
Thanks and Ford needs to issue a recall on this to swap them out. It'd be some crap If we had to go out and order these because they used the incorrect part.
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They may do a TSB and swap them...if someone can share with us the measurement on a stick that matches that number we can solve the mystery quickly.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same engineering number on your stick as mine...and mine is a July 21 build...so I imagine your engine may have been built before the "new" stick was assigned to the 2022 Bronco. Flip provided some very important intel, and I then contacted a local Ford parts guy who confirmed that as of this moment the 2022 Bronco stick has a different part and engineering number than the 2021 stick. I ordered one of the "new" sticks, and it should arrive within 4 days. The punchline is that the "new" stick is actually an already in circulation stick that also fits 3.5 liter F150s and Explorers...so a quick and easy way to determine if the stick I just ordered will compensate for the level difference is if anyone who happens to have a 2018 and up F150 or Explorer or Navigator with a 3.5 would be so kind as to measure their stick (I know the jokes are coming) and share the distance from where the stick sits on the valve cover to the max mark and posts it so we can compare to the current Bronco stick with that same measurement with the engineering number you shared. If the 3.5 stick measurement is about 1/2" higher, bingo. The new engineering and part numbers, by the way, are in fact different than the wonky sticks that have the wrong measurement marks...and the Ford parts database indicates that the new stick is used by the 2022 Broncos. I imagine Ford will remain silent on this and just phase in the new sticks.
I can get this measurement from a 2018 Expedition 3.5L if that helps but if the valve cover is different than the Bronco's then does it tell us anything?

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can get this measurement from a 2018 Expedition 3.5L if that helps but if the valve cover is different than the Bronco's then does it tell us anything?
It has to be Explorer or Navigator or F150, apparently.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know, right? All this measuring and I still can't figure out if mine is too short or too long...
Not reading 7 pages to post this.

Did you measure it while it was hot? ... or cold?

Shrinkage , you know.....
eb327959-adc0-46bd-afc3-7c571f74cc00_text.gif

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Supposedly PN is MB3Z-6750-B and engineering number is MB3E-6750-BA. I will update the post when mine arrives for comparison.
I thought 2022 people had the same oil level issues. Wouldn't the new dipstick have solved their problems?

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought 2022 people had the same oil level issues. Wouldn't the new dipstick have solved their problems?
I believe the "new" dipstick was added to the Bronco 2022 database as the "correct" stick as of 5/9/22...so if anyone has a 2022 with a stick in it with the MB3E number please reply in this thread...

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. I am a bit confused. I have a 2021 Bronco 2.7L. I see so many saying that this engine is supposed to have 7 quarts of oil. I just looked it up in my manual and it says 5.7L which equates to 6 quarts. Which is it?

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok. I am a bit confused. I have a 2021 Bronco 2.7L. I see so many saying that this engine is supposed to have 7 quarts of oil. I just looked it up in my manual and it says 5.7L which equates to 6 quarts. Which is it?
You can run 6 or 7 per Fords answer... I choose 7...

Last edited:

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can run 6 or 7 per Fords answer... I choose 7...
Thank You. My wife took ours today and I told her to make sure they put in 7. They just told her that they follow Mfgr recommendations. Then started second guessing myself and looked in the manual and it showed 6.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it's a little late but here's a dipstick pic.

Ford Bronco Dipstick Pic? TrudeauJustin_LIB
Sponsored