Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me see if I got this right.... you got 6 out and you think there is a qt of dirty oil left in the engine.... what would happen if you only got 3 qts out.... you going to only put 3 qts back in???? Or could you have used a qt of oil on the engine break in???? Just wondering.... changed mine at 5,000 miles and got 6 3/4 qt out and put back 7qt like Ford has said for over a year now....
According to my dipstick it retained a quart. 6-7 quart fill according to Ford. I put 6 in after draining it and it's at the 2nd hole which is technically overfilled. Did you not read any/all of this thread or what I wrote? Not being mean, just wondering since you said what you did.
Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
According to my dipstick it retained a quart. 6-7 quart fill according to Ford. I put 6 in after draining it and it's at the 2nd hole which is technically overfilled. Did you not read any/all of this thread or what I wrote? Not being mean, just wondering since you said what you did.
Yes I think I have been reading and giving commits on several threads... about the fills....if you had been keeping up... 7 qts would put you high in the twist on the stick... the second hole is most likely 6.5 qts... or less... Factory fill is 7.5qts. and not overfilled... :)

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I think I have been reading and giving commits on several threads... about the fills....if you had been keeping up... 7 qts would put you high in the twist on the stick... the second hole is most likely 6.5 qts... or less... Factory fill is 7.5qts. and not overfilled... :)
Oh man 🤦‍♂️

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I have Raptor parts on my Bronco now?! Awesome.

That would actually make sense if the new dipstick was for Raptor 3.0L because 7 quarts doesn't quite show full on the hash marks.
So you don't have a Braptor, you have a Brontor. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 0ne

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They haven't pulled the specifications from the media site for 2022, the oil capacity publicly listed is more than what the service manual would state in that case. So that's another error in oil fill/ service capacity but on a much lower scale than for the 2.7L

Screenshot_20220812-134221_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
How about this idea. Look where the 2.7 was built.
Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 1664615158709

Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 1664615057653