Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Curious if anyone has tried driving without the rear clamshell but with front and mid panels on. Not sure if the mid would be secure enough or not
Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Curious if anyone has tried driving without the rear clamshell but with front and mid panels on. Not sure if the mid would be secure enough or not
You can't.

OP
OP
John Bronco_ I am here

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't.
Can you run with just the very front panels? I always like this option on the JK, built in bikini top....

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can you run with just the very front panels? I always like this option on the JK, built in bikini top....
Nope.

From what I have gathered over the years, it's either front two panels out, front two and mid out, or all of it off. You can attempt with just the fronts, but they will probably try to fly off.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dont leave the back window open when the roads are wet or you are on a dry dirt road. Tried this with my 4runner (rear window is powered). The entire cabin fills with dirty dust clouds or you spray the back of the rear seat with dirty road water.

Sponsored
OP
OP
John Bronco_ I am here

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope.

From what I have gathered over the years, it's either front two panels out, front two and mid out, or all of it off. You can attempt with just the fronts, but they will probably try to fly off.
Hmmm. Sounds like a problem the aftermarket may fix with a crossover piece on the roll bars to facilitate the front panels being used.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, I've done it at highway speeds off and on for months now. Zero issues.
This is my favorite configuration..... when weather permits.
I was originally going to build a latch at the rear crossbar but now see no reason to mess with it.
Try pulling the center panel off.....it won't come off when in this configuration if latched.

Last edited:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The leading edge of my rear clamshell goes into a crazy oscillation above 50mph. Makes it pretty much impossible to drive on the highway with just the front and mid panels off.

Didn't do it when it was new new but does now.
I wish I had a video of how aggressively mine vibrates at speed. Its really frustrating cuz I liked running with just the clamshell on, but towards the end of the summer it decided it was no longer going to cooperate.
Mine flutters / oscillates / vibrates as well like you mention when on the highway. A little worry-some, but I've dealt with it nonetheless.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I had a video of how aggressively mine vibrates at speed. Its really frustrating cuz I liked running with just the clamshell on, but towards the end of the summer it decided it was no longer going to cooperate.
It's probably all the stones/pebbles stuck in your tires!! :0)

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drove with my back window open once in my 2 door. It made a huge difference and stopped the wind buffeting. It was a very nice flow through breeze in the cabin for around town. Even though I liked it, I will not do it any more. The Bronco is so tall it barely clears my door in the garage. If I forget just once the back window is open and pull in, the open window will hit the top of the door and the damage would be catastrophic. So I have to put up with the wind buffeting. I wish you could easily remove the back window and store it in the back- I'd have it off often, more than the removeable roof panels.
I agree. The ability to roll down the back window in my 4Runner was one of my favorite features, and I would definitely run the Bronco that way a lot if I could.

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish the rear could be opened easily, even just a little for venting. But, what I'd really love is the rear section to be in pieces, where you could run the top portion but remove the side and rear windows, basically a long bikini hardtop.

PG_Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine does the same, did you find a solution?

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I danced around and above 85 for about two hours today with the 3 panels off and hear nothing/saw nothing/ran into no issues. The stereo was on, but the most "rattle" was the passenger seatbelt on the plastic shroud.

PG_Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I danced around and above 85 for about two hours today with the 3 panels off and hear nothing/saw nothing/ran into no issues. The stereo was on, but the most "rattle" was the passenger seatbelt on the plastic shroud.
Crazy, that’s what I was hoping for! Going to be swapping it for the soft top soon anyways for the summer but was shocked with how bad it vibrates. Not fun to drive at all that way!
Sponsored