Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoInTheATL You mentioned you didn't use the Redarc mount. Is this because you went with the bigger BCDC 1240, and it wouldn't fit? Also, why didn't you get the entire kit from AAL? Does it not include everything you need to install?

This is the kit plus the added Blue Sea Battery Cutoff Switch and mount Im thinking of buying. Thanks for your feedback!

Bronco Cargo Floor Multi-Mount Bracket
Dakota Lithium 12V 18Ah Battery × 4
Battery Hold Down - Bronco Cargo Floor Multi-Mount × 4
REDARC BCDC 1225D or 1240
BCDC Bracket - Bronco Cargo Multi-Mount
Wiring Kit - Rear Mount
Blue Sea Battery Cutoff Switch
MEGA Fuse Holder and Fuses
Bronco Battery Cutoff and MAXI Fuse Bracket × 1
Sponsored

BroncoInTheATL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoInTheATL You mentioned you didn't use the Redarc mount. Is this because you went with the bigger BCDC 1240, and it wouldn't fit? Also, why didn't you get the entire kit from AAL? Does it not include everything you need to install?

This is the kit plus the added Blue Sea Battery Cutoff Switch and mount Im thinking of buying. Thanks for your feedback!

Bronco Cargo Floor Multi-Mount Bracket
Dakota Lithium 12V 18Ah Battery × 4
Battery Hold Down - Bronco Cargo Floor Multi-Mount × 4
REDARC BCDC 1225D or 1240
BCDC Bracket - Bronco Cargo Multi-Mount
Wiring Kit - Rear Mount
Blue Sea Battery Cutoff Switch
MEGA Fuse Holder and Fuses
Bronco Battery Cutoff and MAXI Fuse Bracket × 1
I bought everything on your list plus the Dometic wiring kit. There were some additional things I needed including 8 AWG wire to place the batteries in parallel, a bus bar, a sleeve for the wire, and 8 AWG spades to connect to the battery terminals (I may be forgetting something; I’m sitting on a plane). The issue with the Redarc mount was that it sat too high. Perhaps with the Goose Gear floor there will be more room, but I’m not sure. If I install the floor, I may try to install the mount too.

BroncoInTheATL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I've flipped again and decided that I think I may want to try this setup. Is there a parts list, or videos I can watch to guide along with doing this? I'm aiming for the AAL setup with the batteries in the back storage area.
See my reply to @DangerMTBBronco for a parts list and what else I had to buy. Also, Justin McBride has a YouTube video on it that helped me. There were some other posts that I looked at that I’ll find for you.

BroncoInTheATL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'd like a simple electrical system upgrade with enough juice too keep a fridge cold over night and maybe a bit of small device chargng capability. A single, truly deep cycling, underhood rated, lithium battery seems to fit this bill.

Dakota Lithium 60Ah 1000 CCA battery

I ran the calculation for this and it seems fully up to this (somewhat limited) requirement.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought everything on your list plus the Dometic wiring kit. There were some additional things I needed including 8 AWG wire to place the batteries in parallel, a bus bar, a sleeve for the wire, and 8 AWG spades to connect to the battery terminals (I may be forgetting something; I’m sitting on a plane). The issue with the Redarc mount was that it sat too high. Perhaps with the Goose Gear floor there will be more room, but I’m not sure. If I install the floor, I may try to install the mount too.
Thanks appreciate you taking the time.

Ok, so it sounds like you are wiring the batteries in parallel to increase the amp hours of a battery, and you needed to purchase the additional wire and bus bar because the AAL wiring kits don't include the wiring to do that.

Wonder why AAL isn't offering a kit to wire the batteries in parallel and if they are installing them this way on their in-house installs. I will need to call them to ask.

AAL does have a fuse pack offered. Is this the fuse you used as a separate isolation fuse for wiring in parallel, or did you buy an additional isolation fuse?

Appreciate the info whenever you get a free moment.

BroncoInTheATL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks appreciate you taking the time.

Ok, so it sounds like you are wiring the batteries in parallel to increase the amp hours of a battery, and you needed to purchase the additional wire and bus bar because the AAL wiring kits don't include the wiring to do that.

Wonder why AAL isn't offering a kit to wire the batteries in parallel and if they are installing them this way on their in-house installs. I will need to call them to ask.

AAL does have a fuse pack offered. Is this the fuse you used as a separate isolation fuse for wiring in parallel, or did you buy an additional isolation fuse?

Appreciate the info whenever you get a free moment.
You’re correct. I ran four 18 Ah batteries in parallel to give me 72 Ah. I also did buy their 60 Amp fuse kit. I’d need to look to confirm when I get back in town but I have one 60 Amp fuse in the engine bay at the cut off, another 60 Amp fuse in the cargo area, and a smaller fuse that was built into the Dometic wiring kit.

Traveling.Gaijin

Badlands
First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep XJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I installed a dc to dc converter from Victron that will give it 20-30 amps at 24 volts, which is in-line with EcoFlow’s solar chargering. So I cut off the MC4 connectors on an XT60i harness and attached the ends to the victron so I know get over 400 watts of charging and won’t need to carry the extra battery for the Delta2.

Having it portable means I can bring it where I am, which is nice not being tied to the truck when I need power.

This is the direction I'm leaning. I was going to go with the dual battery setup but after watching a youtube video by Tinkerer's Adventure, I thinking I'm going to go with a DC to DC converter too and stay mobile with a River 2 Max or Delta 2.

Where did you mount your Victron?

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the direction I'm leaning. I was going to go with the dual battery setup but after watching a youtube video by Tinkerer's Adventure, I thinking I'm going to go with a DC to DC converter too and stay mobile with a River 2 Max or Delta 2.

Yep, that's where I got the idea from. I mounted it to my Built Right Industries Molle panels, but that last a day because I installed the slide-out tailgate and those panels aren't compatible without some modification. For now, I might just use self-taping screws and mount it on the plastic side panels next to the 12v outlet and light or if I get adventurous, they look like they will fit underneath the slide-out tailgate. The only thing I added to Tinerer's set-up is I added a 40 amp midi fuse at the battery connection, and did the trigger wire to Aux 6, so even if I leave Aux 6 on, it won't charge if the ignition isn't on.

IMG_1036-XL.jpg

This is charging the Delta2 with cigarette 12v plug:

IMG_1032-XL.png

This is charging with the Victron (the Delta2 sees it as solar):

IMG_1030-XL.png

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I decided to go with portable instead of an integrated system like American Adventure Labs.

I have 2 portable power supplies, Bluetti AC200Max and an Anker Powerhouse 757.

I also have 2 Bluetti PV200 portable folding solar panels that I can use to charge the batteries.

This give me the most options. I can use them at home, in the Bronco, or while hunting/fishing. To me this is the best setup.

Sponsored

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Posting an update on my 2 door, I finally got mine all together and installed.

Using the American Adventure Lab cargo mount system, just two batteries, and also have an ARB single air compressor mounted (I used my ford pass points and bought the portable Ford PRF one and ripped it out of the box). I ended up deciding to put the DC to DC charger, bus bar and fuse block on the passenger side rear, I made my own HDPE rack that is a copy of the MTI acoustics amp rack. I ran 6AWG cable from the battery across the firewall and to the passenger side and went through the nub of the grommet behind the washer fluid reservoir, this made it super clean and I was able to shrink wrap around the cable and nub for more water penetration security.

I also removed the passenger side rear cubby and installed a ABS panel there that has three ports, one 12V ARB fridge socket, one regular locking 12v outlet and one anderson power pole for solar input. Seat delete is my own, custom out of baltic birch.

Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply IG-06423

Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply IG-06418

Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply IG-06425

Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply IG-06419

Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply IG-06430

Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply IG-06424

Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply IG-06412

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case it's of use to anyone else, here's the tentative basic wiring diagram I mocked up for the dual battery setup I'd like to build at some point, largely inspired by the other builds here. I'll likely utilize AAL's battery mounting bracket and store them underneath the cargo area. Want to be able to run a fridge and have a few extra power outlets for accessories/charging.

Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply wiri

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ecoflow has a sale today. I just ordered the river 2 pro.

BroncoInTheATL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case it's of use to anyone else, here's the tentative basic wiring diagram I mocked up for the dual battery setup I'd like to build at some point, largely inspired by the other builds here. I'll likely utilize AAL's battery mounting bracket and store them underneath the cargo area. Want to be able to run a fridge and have a few extra power outlets for accessories/charging.

wiring.png
This is great @cr117 and similar to what I did (you’ll go a bit beyond me with the solar hookup and additional DC / USB ports). Two learnings that may be helpful. I installed the Goose Gear floor and pull-out tray for the fridge. I ended up removing one of the 18Ah batteries to allow the Goose Gear access door latch to not interfere with the batteries, meaning I’m down to 3X 18Ah batteries in parallel, or 54Ah in total. Since I’ll primarily be using this for my fridge, I still believe I have plenty of juice. Here’s my usage profile for a 90 degree day at a lake in Alabama. Pushed 2Ah/h in the heat of the day but averaged 1 over 24 hours.
Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply IMG_9048

Velocity00

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check out American Adventure Labs. They currently have a solution for Wranglers that combines an onboard compressor with an add-on Odyssey battery, including a remote panel for controls/fuses. I’ve got to imagine they’ll do something similar for the Bronco.
They actually have their Bronco solution now also. I have been eyeing it closely as I get nearer to a two week off grid trip in August. Will likely go this route, slightly more money for the four battery setup vs. a 1000w battery system that I am cross shopping.

https://americanadventurelab.com/pr...r-multi-mount-battery-and-compressor-bracket/
Sponsored