Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So nobody has asked the real question. WTF did I do to my Bronco when I performed the fake double honk elimination procedure. It did double blink lol.
Already answered previously. It changed from unlocking the driver's door unlocks all --> unlocking driver's door is just the driver's door. I did it, then changed it back. Being a 2 door, there is little safety risk in unlocking all doors at once.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Already answered previously. It changed from unlocking the driver's door unlocks all --> unlocking driver's door is just the driver's door. I did it, then changed it back. Being a 2 door, there is little safety risk in unlocking all doors at once.
Oh ya, I definitely need to reverse that. Thanks

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the missing key double honk warning you’re talking about can also be disabled in the settings
Really? Where? Couldn't on my Raptor. Couldn't on my Shelby. Can't on my Bronco.

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh ya, I definitely need to reverse that. Thanks
You can also configure that in the vehicle settings without fiddling with the key fob.

All these things you guys are talking about I was able to adjust in the settings. I sat in the dealer parking lot for probably 20 min playing with settings before I took off.

the missing key double honk warning you’re talking about can also be disabled in the settings
I spent about 20 minutes going through all of the settings and trying out anything that related to door locks, warnings, etc. I did not find any that disable the double-honk caused by exiting with the key while the engine is running.

Additionally, what's all this discussion about leaving the car running when you exit? I'm not getting that. Is that like going to 7-11 to quick buy something, so you run in and leave the car running? Who does that? Seems really odd to be doing that to me. Maybe if it was 50 below zero in Alaska, that might make sense. For other folks ?H
During the winter, I manually start my car (MTs can't have remote start) in the morning and then go back inside. I don't want to leave my car unlocked, much less open-door or with the keys in it when I do this.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The seatbelt chime delete is specifically handy for people hooking up to trailers. The double honk is bad if your out wildlife viewing and want to dismount without shutting off the engine. Forscan for me.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let's see... reasons I've done this in the past:

- Hopping out to open the gate before driving through, then hopping back out to close the gate
- Checking trailer lights before driving off after connecting the trailer
- Pulling up, hopping out to check the mailbox before pulling the rest of the way into the driveway
- Getting out to assist at an accident scene or to assist a disabled motorist
- Realized after starting the vehicle that I'd left something in the house and running back inside to get it
- Running inside a restaurant to grab a to go order real quick while others wait in the vehicle
- Hopping out to remove an obstacle in the way on a trail
- Getting out to double check a line when "self spotting" off road

I could go on.
-pull out of the garage, run back inside garage to grab recycle bin and drag it to the street (I do this weekly, and I'm sure my neighbors don't want to hear the double-honk at 7 AM).
-pulling out of the garage, then exiting the vehicle to load kids/dogs/stuff into the Bronco before departing.
-pulling out of the garage, then jumping out to open the passenger door for my wife (I'm a gentleman, damnit)
-pulling out of the garage, then stopping to take a photo of the vehicle you waited many months to get, because you still love it.

I know you can leave the door open while doing these things, but it doesn't take gale-force winds to blow them shut. Not to mention the fact that sometimes you are trying to heat/cool the vehicle as quickly as possible. also, with one of my dogs, loading her into a vehicle with an escape hatch is an exercise in futility.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really? Where? Couldn't on my Raptor. Couldn't on my Shelby. Can't on my Bronco.
I’m literally an ocean away from my bronco for a few months so I can’t help much more. I think its called something like key alert?

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
-pull out of the garage, run back inside garage to grab recycle bin and drag it to the street (I do this weekly, and I'm sure my neighbors don't want to hear the double-honk at 7 AM).
-pulling out of the garage, then exiting the vehicle to load kids/dogs/stuff into the Bronco before departing.
-pulling out of the garage, then jumping out to open the passenger door for my wife (I'm a gentleman, damnit)
-pulling out of the garage, then stopping to take a photo of the vehicle you waited many months to get, because you still love it.

I know you can leave the door open while doing these things, but it doesn't take gale-force winds to blow them shut. Not to mention the fact that sometimes you are trying to heat/cool the vehicle as quickly as possible. also, with one of my dogs, loading her into a vehicle with an escape hatch is an exercise in futility.
Yeah, I can think of dozens of reasons for getting out with the engine running. I can't think of one reason why I need to be honked at when I do.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Let's see... reasons I've done this in the past:

- Hopping out to open the gate before driving through, then hopping back out to close the gate
- Checking trailer lights before driving off after connecting the trailer
- Pulling up, hopping out to check the mailbox before pulling the rest of the way into the driveway
- Getting out to assist at an accident scene or to assist a disabled motorist
- Realized after starting the vehicle that I'd left something in the house and running back inside to get it
- Running inside a restaurant to grab a to go order real quick while others wait in the vehicle
- Hopping out to remove an obstacle in the way on a trail
- Getting out to double check a line when "self spotting" off road

I could go on.
Here's my worst one, imagine going hunting, jumping out to close the gate, closing the door, and HONK HONK watching the deer just run.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still waiting for our Bronco. You description doesn't make sense to me. What word are you trying to say with "buling, buling, buling" ? Are you trying to say bullying? as in:

seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable).
"her 11- year-old son has been constantly bullied at school"

What does this message say, anyway? Where is the message located? Is it written down, or something audible or perhaps on a video somewhere?

Additionally, what's all this discussion about leaving the car running when you exit? I'm not getting that. Is that like going to 7-11 to quick buy something, so you run in and leave the car running? Who does that? Seems really odd to be doing that to me. Maybe if it was 50 below zero in Alaska, that might make sense. For other folks ?H
If you have a passenger in the car and you're running in, they may want to keep the AC/heat on. Or even listen to the radio.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these things you guys are talking about I was able to adjust in the settings. I sat in the dealer parking lot for probably 20 min playing with settings before I took off.

Please screenshot the seat belt and double honk on the settings screens. Mostly because I would like for you to look through again and not find them...

OP
OP
AZMikeL

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Changed the tittle of the thread since the seatbelt one DOES work. Apologies for the false hopes on the double honk. I must have not tested closing the door the other day.

As for beers - I'll buy anyone here who was let down by my mistake a beer if you're up near CaveCreek/Carefree
🍺
Sponsored