Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nobody seems to be doing the actual articulation, down travel, droop and full suspension travel calculations for these suspension modifications for Broncos.

Here's an excellent primer and shows how/why you should be aiming for specifics instead of focusing on "lift of X"" or "will fit 3X tires with this", because there are multiple data points well beyond "just do X" lift"

Note: this is part 2, if you don't understand the terms or concepts shown, view his part 1 video.

That's one of the things I've been trying to focus on when making changes. How much up travel and how much down travel did I gain or lose, and comparing what I get in the garage with what I get in the field. I want to strike a balance with enough lift to get my gas tank up out of the way, but maintain enough droop up front to not adversely affect body roll and rear tire engagement. My goal is get over the obstacles and keep all four tires on the ground.

I find I rarely get all the available up travel due to weight distribution and changes to the rear affect the front and vice versa. Trying to strike a balance between ride height and performance without breaking the bank.
Sponsored

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NOOOOOO, there is no trimming.

I thought the exact same thing when reading those directions, and so did my friend when we went to install them.

I called the company and talked with a tech. There is no trimming suggested. I installed mine on my Sasquatch bronco and they work awesome though. Not quite the lift they advertise, but a very improved ride and a good inch higher, but not the two they promised.

What kind of lift did you get out of them and what do you think of them after running for a while??

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of lift did you get out of them and what do you think of them after running for a while??
The ride difference is great. I got about an inch all around.

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My bronco is the one that Eibach used to test their springs on.

If I had been doing the install myself, I would have absolutely cycled the suspension. While the springs were removed I could have easily thrown the shock back on along with the tire to check full compression numbers and clearances.

If for any reason I have the suspension off again, I plan to do a more in depth look.

Hopefully someone else that plans on installing these can do this and give us a little more insight.
Do you have pictures before and after. What size tires do you have with what offset wheels?
Thanks

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the difference between two and four door springs? They are the same part number.

Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have pictures before and after. What size tires do you have with what offset wheels?
Thanks
Before:
Ford Bronco Eibach Pro Lift Kit Springs now available for Badlands Non-Sasquatch Broncos Compress_20230129_231037_7991

After:
Ford Bronco Eibach Pro Lift Kit Springs now available for Badlands Non-Sasquatch Broncos Compress_20230129_231036_6006

Stock 33" bfg ko2's with stock +55 offset wheels.

I have 315/70r17 ko2's and methods +35 offset, but I'm not sure when I will get around to putting them on.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before:
Ford Bronco Eibach Pro Lift Kit Springs now available for Badlands Non-Sasquatch Broncos Compress_20230129_231036_6006

After:

I have 315/70r17 ko2's and methods +35 offset, but I'm not sure when I will get around to putting them on.
Do you need an alignment after installing?

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before:

After:

Looks great!!

GTRrob

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can somebody explain how to remove the spring from the coilover? TIA

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone quantify the improvement in ride quality with these springs? Softer on small bumps, takes big hits better, etc?

My concern with the position sensitive Bilsteins is that any lift method that repositions the neutral point of the shocks in a more extended position will impact the function of that system. You’d have to compress farther to engage the upper internal dampeners, but not extend as far to engage the lower internal dampeners. Either way, it seems like you’d lose down travel to the tune of the lift height divided by the shock ratio while gaining up travel that the springs may not let you access.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at these for the expected front-end droop from an ARB Summit & Winch weight. Unsure if there would be a better option without majorly changing the suspension system.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, considering these.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interested in results anyone that put these on a non sas 4dr with the 2.3.
Particularly ride quality change and height front and rear. Is it level etc.