Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Day two res, two door base. I just changed by order to a four door base with canvas top and stripped all possible items from the sins list. so, four door base, 2.3L auto, rapid red, modular front bumper, aux switches. I have heard nothing from Ford prior to the change. If I get a build date, I will post it.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Day two res, two door base. I just changed by order to a four door base with canvas top and stripped all possible items from the sins list. so, four door base, 2.3L auto, rapid red, modular front bumper, aux switches. I have heard nothing from Ford prior to the change. If I get a build date, I will post it.
Thank you. I have a 2 door ordered and appreciate your sacrifice. I feel like you donated me a kidney or something! :)

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

there is no warehouse of MIC tops....they make them & truck them over to MAP. Supposedly, they are making 20-30/day. IF/WHEN/WHETHER that output increases with 67 open production positions - and Very high turnover - at the Plymouth MI plant remains to be seen
Damn, that doesn't sound good at all. Crazy to think that the hard top is the problem. I have a feeling that this isn't going to get better. Even if they pick up production they are so far behind that it will push everything else back. Guess this is why late reservation holders are getting vins

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there is no warehouse of MIC tops....they make them & truck them over to MAP. Supposedly, they are making 20-30/day. IF/WHEN/WHETHER that output increases with 67 open production positions - and Very high turnover - at the Plymouth MI plant remains to be seen
Just thinking about this - for a JIT situation, it would be normal to not stockpile parts. Are they only doing 20-30 a day right now because they haven't started building more than the mannequins, and once things ramp up, they'll churn out more? I'm guessing a warehouse that COULD store MIC tops would need to be exceedingly large...

I don't want to be accused of being an optimist, so just spitballing.

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MIC top and towing package? What a cluster F***... I am with some and would switch to a soft top if Ford accommodated the needed hard top features so I can buy one when available. If they continue to further delay things the new Rivian is starting to grab my attention.

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just drove the Defender during lunch break. I feel dirty....

By the way - the salesman said 3-4 months is becoming upwards of 6 months to custom order a 2022. They are also having shortages/delays. And 2021 inventory is running very dry (and will be mostly sold off by the end of this month when Ford gets back to us with more build times). So even custom ordering next month still puts you to about the end of the year.

Really no winning here. BTW I didnt really like the defender. I thought the build was well optioned at $64k, but to my surprise, it still had manual seats. I had to step up to an SE, and the build would have been over $70k. No thanks. The steering was super loose, similar to a pick-up truck, and the shifter drove me crazy. Very difficult to know when you're putting it in drive or reverse. No way my wife would not inevitably hit something. The interior was slightly roomier and a little bit more family friendly, but the exterior didnt have enough presence/uniqueness that made the interior sacrifices worth it like the Bronco. If that makes sense...and my train of thought played out EXACTLY how I thought it would...$65k for a Defender....and it leases for crap, so I have to deal with LR/RR reliability, servicing and ownership costs. It has some presence, but nothing like a sasqautch bronco. The interior is somewhat more family friendly. But your standing there in the showroom thinking...what's the point. Look at this RR Sport, or Velar. Not that much off on price. WAY better interior. If I am going to deviate some from the Bronco, and deal with the headache of owning an LR/RR product, might as well go all-in with an SUV such as a RR Sport since it’s readily available, as are CPOs, to knock down the price. The Defender proposition just didnt make sense, as I thought would be the case.

Sorry for doubting you Bronco. Just hit me with the bad news, Ford. I'll wait.

Last edited:

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer didn’t think taking the tow package off would change much since I have the 2.7 and MIC working against me, but I removed anyway.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would be willing to make this change if I can get it drastically earlier. I have a 7/29 time stamp and would probably be 22MY. I added the tow pkg for the hell of it, but don’t have anything to tow right now so no big deal. And as long as I can still get the MIC hardtop down the road in a few months or in 2022 then I’m cool with that.

The MIC hardtop is something I can purchase separately in the future correct? Everything else can stay the same on my order.

What are the non-existent hardtop connections people are referring to if the bronco comes with a soft top? Are you referring to the holes for the bolts to attach to the vehicle or what exactly is it? And how would one go about adding the hard tip later, would the dealer be able to add those connections?
Not sure about bolts, but water for rear window wipers and electrical for defrost. I’m in MN so both are needed! I would go soft top as well if they run the lines now. Heck, I’ll pay for both now and gladly receive the hard top when available. But apparently they are hiring high school interns to run their logistics department. Not sure why they can figure that out. They gave 1000 credit but would likely cost way less to ship the mic down the road. Especially considering “threshold” shipping.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure about bolts, but water for rear window wipers and electrical for defrost. I’m in MN so both are needed! I would go soft top as well if they run the lines now. Heck, I’ll pay for both now and gladly receive the hard top when available. But apparently they are hiring high school interns to run their logistics department. Not sure why they can figure that out. They gave 1000 credit but would likely cost way less to ship the mic down the road. Especially considering “threshold” shipping.
I’m considering the change. Where I am in NM, doesn’t snow much and winters are not freezing so the rear glass functions are not necessary, I hardly use them on my current vehicles. Going to lease the bronco so the lack of these features won’t affect me much and won’t be my problem to deal with when turning it in. I’m planning to upgrade to a higher trim after this anyways, if I like it. Like many people here, I’m getting impatient lol, and I want to enjoy it sooner knowing I’m not buying it.

Just give me the soft top and I’ll get the hard top later...so I can have some closure lol

Sponsored

lewisbrett

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sas; 2019 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just deleted my Tow Package. Remaining build is 4-Door Bad Lands, 2.7, Lux, SAS, Soft-Top only. 7/14 Reservation. Will update if I get scheduled.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are they only doing 20-30 a day right now because they haven't started building more than the mannequins, and once things ramp up, they'll churn out more?
I'm told they're going as fast as they can....with 67 open positions and very high turnover

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went by my dealer today, dropped the brush guard. Was on the fence about it to begin with, figured that the aftermarket would have something more robust. Then with the redesign, I was less convinced that I wanted it. The probable delay over it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Took my dealer about 2 minutes to change my order and give me a new build sheet. Small country dealer, usually has 50 F series in stock. He's down to 7 F 150s No Super Duties, and one Ranger. Strange times. Hoping I fall into the sweet spot where I get the most out of my trade and buying new at invoice...

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m swapping my order from a 2 to a 4 door and going soft top. Yes the concern about the MIC tops is part of it but truthfully a four door is more sensible for me.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m swapping my order from a 2 to a 4 door and going soft top. Yes the concern about the MIC tops is part of it but truthfully a four door is more sensible for me.
I switched too. I was always on the fence between the 2 and 4 door so either way I am happy. 4 door will be more useful and that pull out cargo container will look sweet.
Sponsored