Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a difficult change but I just dropped the hitch, the 2.7, and the MIC top from my BL trim. :-( To keep me happy, I changed from the high to the lux package. I'm a little upset with Ford for all the back-n-forth with the tops! Also loosing out on the free Sound Deadening Headliner. There will be a lot of people looking for after market hard tops!!!
Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spotted this on the B6G Facebook page - "Hard Top" shows 73-85 / day scheduled for this week.

That's not bad news.

Ford Bronco Email from Ford - How to increase chances of getting your Bronco sooner 1620733851351

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If not obvious - # of hard tops include the 2 door, since hard top + soft top = 3 + 5 door...to make that more dummy proof, you'll see on wednesday, the number of hard tops exceed the number of 5 doors.....so if you deduct out the number of 2 doors from the total # of hard tops, then 54% of 5 doors are hard tops. Which I guess is decent, but probably lacking given the take rate of hard tops (I presume) is probably around 80%.

I really wish we had this chart every week to spread it in excel and see how things are trending, and what the total build #s look like to clear the demo and priority builds.

Last edited:

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now I’ve talked myself into the 4-door pretty well. My kids wanted the 4-door from the start, mainly because they probably have never even been in a 2-door vehicle in their lives and still can’t visualize that the front seats fold and scoot so they can get in. Really wanted a hard top but starting to think soft could actually be more practical when not having a garage. Just need a locking Husky box in the back.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just drove the Defender during lunch break. I feel dirty....

By the way - the salesman said 3-4 months is becoming upwards of 6 months to custom order a 2022. They are also having shortages/delays. And 2021 inventory is running very dry (and will be mostly sold off by the end of this month when Ford gets back to us with more build times). So even custom ordering next month still puts you to about the end of the year.

Really no winning here. BTW I didnt really like the defender. I thought the build was well optioned at $64k, but to my surprise, it still had manual seats. I had to step up to an SE, and the build would have been over $70k. No thanks. The steering was super loose, similar to a pick-up truck, and the shifter drove me crazy. Very difficult to know when you're putting it in drive or reverse. No way my wife would not inevitably hit something. The interior was slightly roomier and a little bit more family friendly, but the exterior didnt have enough presence/uniqueness that made the interior sacrifices worth it like the Bronco. If that makes sense...and my train of thought played out EXACTLY how I thought it would...$65k for a Defender....and it leases for crap, so I have to deal with LR/RR reliability, servicing and ownership costs. It has some presence, but nothing like a sasqautch bronco. The interior is somewhat more family friendly. But your standing there in the showroom thinking...what's the point. Look at this RR Sport, or Velar. Not that much off on price. WAY better interior. If I am going to deviate some from the Bronco, and deal with the headache of owning an LR/RR product, might as well go all-in with an SUV such as a RR Sport since it’s readily available, as are CPOs, to knock down the price. The Defender proposition just didnt make sense, as I thought would be the case.

Sorry for doubting you Bronco. Just hit me with the bad news, Ford. I'll wait.
Curious as to why not consider the more on-line Bronco competition: wrangler or Forerunner?

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious as to why not consider the more on-line Bronco competition: wrangler or Forerunner?
Using it as double duty family hauler. Wrangler doesnt work, and 4runner drives terribly and is long in the tooth.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Using it as double duty family hauler. Wrangler doesnt work, and 4runner drives terribly and is long in the tooth.
Myself I've been thinking of the 4 door Rubi as my backup plan. Not ideal but really the only option to the Bronco (doors/roof off. Etc)

What makes it not a family hauler? (Not question you choice, trying to gather all info I can to help me make a better choice)

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What makes it not a family hauler? (Not question you choice, trying to gather all info I can to help me make a better choice)
I feel claustrophobic being in a wrangler for more than 30 minutes. The front shoulder room is really cramped. The steering wheel is like inches away from the door. The Bronco doesnt have this problem (at least for me, when i sat in one). Also on road comfort with IFS on Bronco.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed my build yesterday. Went from a 2-door w/towing to 4-door, soft top and no towing.

I'll enjoy the extra cargo space and get the slide out tailgate when it comes out. That will give me plenty of room back there to do some off-road camping!

Bronco_4dr_features_12.jpg

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Webasto needs to get their shit together with these hard tops and find some new employees

Ford Bronco Email from Ford - How to increase chances of getting your Bronco sooner 1620784378274

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, has anyone confirmed whether “switching to soft top by 3/13” means you’re allowed to change from 2-door to 4 or even change trim model, and still get built soon?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, has anyone confirmed whether “switching to soft top by 3/13” means you’re allowed to change from 2-door to 4 or even change trim model, and still get built soon?
If you want a better chance to get a July build you need to change to a soft top today. Not by 5/13. If you wait till tomorrow changing won't matter. I changed from 2 to 4 door the other day with the hope of getting an earlier build since I have a day 2 reservation and Ford has talked about later reservations cutting the line

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want a better chance to get a July build you need to change to a soft top today. Not by 5/13. If you wait till tomorrow changing won't matter. I changed from 2 to 4 door the other day with the hope of getting an easier build since I have a day 2 reservation since Ford has talked about later reservations cutting the line
Yes, but do you know for sure this applies to switching from 2 to 4, or is it only beneficial for expediting those who already had 4 and are switching from hard to soft?

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean I don’t want to change to 4 for soft top and find out changing to 4 pushed me back.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, but do you know for sure this applies to switching from 2 to 4, or is it only beneficial for expediting those who already had 4 and are switching from hard to soft?
Shouldn't matter. It only has to do with the soft top so if you switch from a 2 door to a 4 door w/ a soft top it is no different then someone whose original order was a 4 door soft top. Both will show the same thing in the system
Sponsored