Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I’m not mistaken, every Canadian Bronco has it standard so I have nothing to contribute.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I won't say "don't get it" but I will say you DO NOT need it. I live in Alaska, and daily drive an RS that doesn't have a block heater. Modern vehicles will still start at temps well below zero without help.

The $100 will get you the heating element and a male end plug in the bumper/grill. Not something that will reach an outlet.

BTW, I'll mention this as well since many seem to be unaware- Block heaters heat your coolant, not your oil. You'll have a warm engine block but a pan full of cold oil. Any warmth in your oil is heat transfer from a warm block to the pan and will be minimal.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I questioned whether or not I would need it and decided probably not, but I know I would use it if i had it. So, I ultimately decided to get it. It's not very expensive and I plan to keep the Bronco until I run it into the ground so it's just one less thing I will have to add if I ever do need it. The only time you "have to" use it is below 5 degrees Fahrenheit (-15 C) and even then, you will be fine unless it is much, much colder. It just helps reduce wear and tear on cold starts.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If she ain’t parked outside at 20 below, don’t bother. PS: it comes with about 1.5 ft of cord. As stated above, you would need an extension cord.

LiquidIQ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Impreza Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking some of the same thoughts in this thread. Plan to keep it garaged here in CO, but it might be nice to have it backed into the driveway and ready for fire calls if needed.

So what exactly does it heat? Seems to mount pretty far up on the block to heat the oil...

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I was thinking some of the same thoughts in this thread. Plan to keep it garaged here in CO, but it might be nice to have it backed into the driveway and ready for fire calls if needed.

So what exactly does it heat? Seems to mount pretty far up on the block to heat the oil...
Heats the coolant.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you need it they work well. They are a PITA to plug in. Normally cold and cord is tucked up under the front bumper. The car starts much better when it is below 0F and has been plugged in overnight.

BroncoBass

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a manual, so remote start is out of the question for me. On cold, below freezing days, the block heater will make that wait to defrost the windows and warm up the vehicle just a little more comfortable, so that's why I'm getting it.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live near Boston. You'll never use it. A diesel? sure. Maybe 10 times a year. For use in North Dakota upper Michigan area.

Spend the dough on:
Ford Bronco Engine Block Heater value? 1611625865856

Sponsored

LiquidIQ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Impreza Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But it can be added as an accessory correct? We should all have some Ford cash or whatever they are calling it to use for accessories.

BroncoBass

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a 1975 F150 with a carb and ran 10w40 oil, in Minnesota for 3 years and never felt a need for a block heater. It started fine every morning even at 30 below for about a week. I did put a trickle charger on every night.

My current F150 is a Canadian import and has a block heater, which corroded away and is a warranty fix. The dealer said they won’t fix them unless you are in a northern state.
As a lot of people have said, it’s not worth it at all unless you plan to move to Saskatoon.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
$100 seems pretty cheap to me. I had one in a VW I had and would have instant heat to defrost the windows. It’s a decent option with the manual since remote start isn’t much of an option. I don’t think it’s really for warming up the block for easier starting, that doesn’t seem to be much of an issue now a days

Deleted member 3063

Ordered the Ford Engine block heater on my 2000 Ranger for $35. To my surprise it included a heating pad for the battery as well. Used it twice in 5 yrs, when 20 below. With todays oil, it's really not needed.

It was also my only warranty claim on that truck when it blew out of the block and puked coolant all over the road. The only thing holding it in was an o-ring.
Sponsored