First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Overland Sequoia - 21 FE Bronco - 13 200 Series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone have the part numbers off the two wiring harnesses that come with the brake controller? I have a Tow Pro Elite from another vehicle I never installed and so wondering which harness I need for the Bronco. Thanks!
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have the part numbers off the two wiring harnesses that come with the brake controller? I have a Tow Pro Elite from another vehicle I never installed and so wondering which harness I need for the Bronco. Thanks!
Same here. Per redarc, its the TPH-007 harness that connects the Bronco to the redarc. The other harness is just the wiring from the redarc to the switch/dial that you should already have.

F1rstEdition

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Overland Sequoia - 21 FE Bronco - 13 200 Series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same here. Per redarc, its the TPH-007 harness that connects the Bronco to the redarc. The other harness is just the wiring from the redarc to the switch/dial that you should already have.
Awesome! Thank you

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome! Thank you
My harness arrives this weekend and will be bringing the Bronco home Sunday, so hope to install the redarc tow pro elite early next week.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mybbackpacker

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I understanding the installation guide correctly, there is a cable (actually two with the manual) under the center console that you disconnect and leave disconnected when you install the trailer brake? I'm assuming this cable has something to do with "Park" mode on an automatic (page 7 of the install guide). I agree, it seems like it would be easier to put the controller on the driver's side rather than behind the glove box if there is a good place to mount it.
You don’t leave anything disconnected. You just disconnect temporarily for access. I actually was able to do it without disconnecting any cables.

Jalgieri

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don’t leave anything disconnected. You just disconnect temporarily for access. I actually was able to do it without disconnecting any cables.
Thanks. The manual you provided (thank you) shows those being disconnected but does not show them being reconnected.

dclark127

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, if I am reading this thread correctly. I can simply purchase the Redarc Tow-Pro Elite V3 from them, or Amazon, for $212. Then the TPH-007 for $19.50 and have the exact same setup as the "factory" Ford setup. The Ford setup is $339. (Yes, I did see it cheaper than $339 at places like Lasco Ford online)

All that would be missing is the install directions that the OP was kind enough to include.

AlexInSD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LR3, '21 BadSquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, if I am reading this thread correctly. I can simply purchase the Redarc Tow-Pro Elite V3 from them, or Amazon, for $212. Then the TPH-007 for $19.50 and have the exact same setup as the "factory" Ford setup. The Ford setup is $339. (Yes, I did see it cheaper than $339 at places like Lasco Ford online)

All that would be missing is the install directions that the OP was kind enough to include.

The FORD version of the RedArc has custom firmware to allow it to integrate with the Bronco safety systems. From the Ford accessory website description:

• The only FORD APPROVED trailer brake controller compatible with all vehicle safety systems including: - Forward Collision Warning System - Automatic Emergency Braking
I plan on installing mine - but not a huge fan of the non-OEM look... That being said, having a button to push to help keep the trailer from ruining your day on a steep downslope or with a poorly loaded trailer is worth the janky look to me.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The FORD version of the RedArc has custom firmware to allow it to integrate with the Bronco safety systems. From the Ford accessory website description:

• The only FORD APPROVED trailer brake controller compatible with all vehicle safety systems including: - Forward Collision Warning System - Automatic Emergency Braking
I plan on installing mine - but not a huge fan of the non-OEM look... That being said, having a button to push to help keep the trailer from ruining your day on a steep downslope or with a poorly loaded trailer is worth the janky look to me.
So you’re saying the Ford OEM version of the RedArc Tow Pro Elite doesn’t have the manual control capabilities of the RedArc? I find this hard to believe. I also thing it’s a stretch to assume there is custom firmware for the Ford version. Perhaps the RedArc version is also compatible with the safety systems and that’s why it’s “Ford Approved”.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Guess I’ll find out how it meshes with the sensors as I’ll be installing redarc v2 on a BL LuX package.

The OEM controller in my f150 is garbage compared to the redarc. I’ll take the non-OEM look of the redarc any day.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You can get the “Ford” version via their accessories website 15% off that $339.

AlexInSD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LR3, '21 BadSquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you’re saying the Ford OEM version of the RedArc Tow Pro Elite doesn’t have the manual control capabilities of the RedArc? I find this hard to believe. I also thing it’s a stretch to assume there is custom firmware for the Ford version. Perhaps the RedArc version is also compatible with the safety systems and that’s why it’s “Ford Approved”.
Well, I am not saying that, Ford is :)

I have the part in hand and will be installing it this week. It looks exactly like the RedArc I have on my LR3 except for the logo on the knob, so I imagine it will work the same way...

You can look at the specs yourself: https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=http...NCO+2021+TRAILER+BRAKE+CONTROLLER+TOWING+PACK

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I am not saying that, Ford is :)
The Ford Accesory Guide states, “Two driver selectable braking modes – proportional or user-controlled modes“ which means it includes the manual “user“ mode of the RedArc Tow Pro Elite. If you’re towing an off road trailer that is a critical feature and that was my primary concern.

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hooked up the camper and did some testing today and verified the controller works. I had to put an temporarily put extension on the receiver for my Equal-i-zer weight distribution hitch to clear the tire. I will be getting a longer shank for the Equal-i-zer hitch as I do not want to use an extension.

It towed fine, but I only towed it around the neighborhood as the chains were too short and the cable for 7 pin barely reached. It seemed fine driving but I wouldn’t want to take a chance without having a longer one and I had to unplug it to back it up again into the driveway.

C251B668-534F-44CE-A042-59BBAF8B8233.jpeg
I have an E-Pro FD with the same hitch set-up. Did you have to make any adjustments to the Equalizer hitch when hooked up to the Bronco?
Sponsored