Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not going to vote, since I’m not sure if I’ve experienced it. If it’s subtle and doesn’t beat you over the head, I couldn’t care less.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's been discussed in several threads, so it must be fairly prolific. I can not imagine having fake engine noises through the speakers. I guess it's to help sell cars to people who know nothing about cars.

Having grown up with muscle cars and 4wds, all with V8s and loud exhaust, plus motorcycles with decent pipes, I appreciate a good sounding motor. What I don't appreciate is someone trying to trick me into thinking I have a good sounding motor. Before I go to fake engine noises, I'll bring back my '79 Chevy 3 on the tree, straight six with glass packs and headers.

If the sound of my 4 banger sucks, which I expect it will, I will drown it out with decent tires and a radio. I don't need or want someone trying to trick me into thinking I've got a weak ass V8 under the hood.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much is it without the fake noise?

Seriously save their "technology" and give me a MIC white top lol

That's some poser crap

One more good thing about the Base..

Maybe it's a Lux package thing. I mean, you got all those speakers, got to use them for something.

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sure, but where’s the line? It’s a dedicated system for “enhancing” engine sound, and it’s tunable. Optional. You can control it. Is it “more real?” Using that way to hear your engine piped directly into your passenger compartment, is it so different from what Ford is doing? That tube is tuned to specific frequencies, like engine exhausts are tuned, to hear the motor in a way you never otherwise would. The Ford ACM system is using microphones to play back the “real sound,” just with a bit of equalizer to sweeten it up a bit. Like the acoustic guitar on a CD. I’m not sold that it’s more “real” than the acoustic engineering of a Harley. That engine could run better, more efficiently, if they didn’t build in “that Harley sound.”
M_S, thanks for your reply. Responding to "where is the line?" A line is reasonably drawn between live acoustic sound vs. digital sound that is played through the car audio system. The example of an acoustic guitar vs. a CD is a good one. Does recorded music on a CD sound good? Yes. But is it live? No. The subjective part - is it ok? - is something different.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you want fake sounds pumped in while being intimate with your significant other?

Well... there’s your answer...

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since no one has had it yet, I'd wait to hear it to determine a response :)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

M_S, thanks for your reply. Responding to "where is the line?" A line is reasonably drawn between live acoustic sound vs. digital sound that is played through the car audio system. The example of an acoustic guitar vs. a CD is a good one. Does recorded music on a CD sound good? Yes. But is it live? No. The subjective part - is it ok? - is something different.
I don't know about that, a reverse example would be that you always had a live band in the back seat and all of a sudden they gave you the CD instead. Different is fine but don't choose for me.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe they’ll funnel REAL engine noise into the cabin like the Mustang. Although, they usually resort to inserting engine noise (real or fake) into the cabin, because the car cabins are so quiet nowadays. I doubt the Bronco is going to be all that quiet. After all, it’s designed to have the roof and doors off. Cabin noise is not a top priority.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Magical_Savior

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe they’ll funnel REAL engine noise into the cabin like the Mustang. Although, they usually resort to inserting engine noise (real or fake) into the cabin, because the car cabins are so quiet nowadays. I doubt the Bronco is going to be all that quiet. After all, it’s designed to have the roof and doors off. Cabin noise is not a top priority.
I think so too, mostly. But especially in the OBX, with sound deadening installed everywhere and an emphasis on creature comforts including enhanced voice recognition - it's very possible. The car is already listening to you, and the outside, and trying to tell the difference. All it takes is for them to use the same ACM module and noise cancellation in the F-150, flip one switch, and it's on.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd rather have no artificial engine noise. If it's there, hopefully it's subtle, done well, and doesn't interfere with the audio quality in any way.

With vehicle insulation nowadays I can see why they try to enhance the auditory driving experience also. In the mustang, when I have the exhaust in its tame mode, I don't mind the engine sounds being piped in through the sound tube. If the bronco ends up sounding like my stang something ain't right lol.

I can appreciate both ends of the spectrum. Either Tesla quiet like a silent but deadly fart, or a screaming v8 ripping through an underpass.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It just occured to me that if they do this its because of all the gotta have V8 or its junk whinning we have had on the forum. ?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want it...but only if there is a knob to control the volume, and said knob goes to eleven!
Sponsored