Sponsored

Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it. Talk me off the cliff. Final Choice is clear

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thing about jumping off a cliff is we always assume the ground is solid. Maybe it’s bouncy like that one in the jump program on the Matrix.
Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
You've waited this long, I would be patient and wait a little longer. Ask yourself do you want a Bronco or a Jeep. If you've been wanting a Bronco then wait. If you like Jeep and was just gettin a Bronco because it's a new vehicle, then get the Jeep maybe.

You can always take delivery of the Bronco and sell it if you end up not liking it. If you have a car to drive while waiting for your Bronco then what's the hurry? I've been pushed to MY22, I'm waiting because I dont like the way Jeeps drive on road and this will be my daily driver.

TJ1007

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
Bye Bye

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out TriCity in Eden, NC. Guy there supposedly doing up to 7% below invoice on Gladi and Rubis..Travis Reynolds. FYI.
You could get into a brand new one with a warranty, new car smell, etc. probably cheaper than the used one.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got one and love it…..2020 JL Rubicon 3.0…fully loaded…..I fully plan to keep it once my Bronco is built….. The power in the mountains is amazing….

Sponsored

Randyo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had 5 Jeeps. No more ! Mother Mopar always has to raise her head.

SolarWizard

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gladiator // 2 door Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I absolutely love my diesel gladiator.
I say go for it and in a 3-4 years when this platformis out of beta stage, get your bronco then. The jeeps still gonna be work 40k then. That means youre really only paying $350 ish a month and getting $100k powertrain coverage.

just think of what drivetrains might be available then. worth waiting for that if nothing else imo

JMcBronco

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm jumping with you. I'm a 7/31/2020 Reservation - 4D Badlands Antimatter Blue, MIC, Sasquatch with High Package. I'm moved to a '22 model year so, my AMB Bronco doesn't exist anymore. I like the Bronco because it's amazing off-road and on-road machine + I'm a long time Ford guy. My goal was to use it mainly to go camping off the beaten path in the mountains with a Roof Top Tent and ride my bikes off the grid. Waiting for over a year made me realize that it's not really the Bronco I want but the experience in the wild. So I've ordered a 2022 GX 460 that will do 95% of what I want. I'm told it will be at the dealer by October. Life is too short to wait around with endless frustration and disappointment. Whoever is behind me in line....You're Welcome.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Is that a strong breeze I feel?

JUMP!!!

kidding!
Dooooo it. Doooo it. Dooooo it. Doooo it. Cancel... Cancel.... Dooooo it. Doooo it. Dooooo it. Doooo it. Cancel... Cancel.... Dooooo it. Doooo it. Dooooo it. Doooo it. Cancel... Cancel....

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In through the nose, out through the mouth…nice and easy. I’m EXACT scenario as you (Day 1, 8/30 build…but who knows now, have a VIN so in purgatory without ability to a). I’ve thought about backing out 100x. Don’t do it. You’ll regret it.

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To the Op: FWIW, I don't think you are alone. When I placed my order, I set a stretch date of taking delivery for February 2022... A very conservative date... Sadly, its not likely it will be met. Now, I think that date is in jeopardy because I'm relegated to a 2022. (mixed feelings on that) If production is targeted to start in late December, I can't imagine they will get to me by February. AND, no one really works in late December.... Thus, I assume about the 2nd week of January, production on 2022's will ramp up and there are numerous reservation holders ahead of me. Now, my new stretch date is June 2022.... If I take delivery then, I take a month off work and head directly to South Dakota Badlands NP.

If Jeep was smart, they would run some incredible deals between now and Spring and steal away Bronco reservation holders/fence sitters.

I'm holding out regardless. A nice 2022 gift from Ford would be to replace Ford Co-Pilot with Ford Co-Pilot PLUS. Lane centering tech... instead of lane departure tech....

Almost or Maybe

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do it, I bought a new 21 Rubicon in May, tired of waiting for shoddy workmanship of the Ford. I have not regretted this decision once and don't believe I ever will. Ford just really screwed themselves in my opinion. As for change your preferences to meet what Ford can give you...F that! Get what you want!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Had a launch-year Focus RS (in Nitro blue!) for 5 years and never had a single issue. One of the very best vehicles I’ve ever owned, regardless of price.
Your exhaust valves never stuck??? I don’t believe you. If only they would’ve made the seats a little more bearable I would’ve kept mine. Sitting at a 75 degree angle sucks ass.

Referman

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw tdi golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go do an off-rodeo and then make your decision. In the end it's up to you.

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a great deal on the Rubicon. My take is that there are too many jeeps around, and I wanted something different. I just got my VIN last week, so I might get a bronco by Holloween? Thanksgiving? I was willing to wait if I had to. My vote: Stay the course!
Sponsored