First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 f250 4x4 hiboy 2009 Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with most that the grey top is just gross on the Bronco.Ford should stop being so cheap and at least make it so that is identical to all the other black trim!
In Canada,we will be paying as much as 45k (base) and upwards (65k) for this truck and this seems very trivial on their part!
Sponsored

Techqua

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've plasti dipped plenty of things on my jeep and I'm not a fan of it. It's cool for temporary color changes, but It's too easy to take off by accident with a pressure washer or if a tree branch scrapes it on a tight trail.

There's a Linex shop close to me so I will probably get a quote from them about coating the MIC top and carbonized gray grille on the badlands shortly after taking delivery... It should still be less than $1,900 for a less durable finish on the modular top.
Do you think getting this sprayed on the top will void any warranties? I was thinking of doing this too, but probably having to wait 3 years into non warranty territory. Living with the gray for 3 years makes me sad.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Line-X ultra on the outside surface of the hard top (2-door) without removing windows/latches/gaskets should be in the $500-1,000 range.

If you know the folks doing the work, you can usually work out a deal if you do all the gasket removal and prep work for them.

Then you just pick your color and they shoot. Personally, i've got a small paint booth which the hard top would probably not fit in, but a custom flaked roof doesn't sound half bad, if you're up for a little snowblind.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think getting this sprayed on the top will void any warranties? I was thinking of doing this too, but probably having to wait 3 years into non warranty territory. Living with the gray for 3 years makes me sad.
I don't see why it would. Maybe if it leaked afterwards or something like that. Then the dealer could blame it on altering the top and added weight, but I doubt anything will happen where Line-X would be the culprit.

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can someone tell us what "First Pre Production" means? What do they do with pre production models?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone tell us what "First Pre Production" means? What do they do with pre production models?
They're just testing the production line for the first time. Testing for errors, issues, etc.

The other ones we see roaming around were hand-built. These'll probably end up in a car crusher.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry but with the top not matching the fenders or even the door handles that are right there it looks silly. Either make the fenders/handles to match the top or the top to match the fenders. Jeep can do it, so can Ford. But this is also why we're going with a painted modular hardtop.

Carpet has got to match the drapes....

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks to me like a base. The grill and lights.
Both vehicles feature the 2.3L variant engine. The four-door model rocks the Badlands trim, a 10-speed automatic transmission, mold in color hardtop, and is painted in Oxford White. The two-door, on the other hand, is a base trim level example with a 7-speed manual transmission, hard top, and Iconic Silver paint job.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't the $1900 up charge for black painted top also include black painted side mirrors and grille, thus matching the already black fender flares?
Yes

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
They're just testing the production line for the first time. Testing for errors, issues, etc.

The other ones we see roaming around were hand-built. These'll probably end up in a car crusher.
they need to speed it up and start setting time records to get these out. Like F1 with pit stops.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup. Just when I thought I could live with the gray top I see pictures like this and I cringe. I want to like it because it's hard for me to justify the $1,900 it will cost to get Black. I just hope it won't cost as much on the two door because they come with a hard top anyways.
Cringe for sure. I'd pass completely before I'd choose that.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Obscure reference here:
That top reminds me of the GI Joe weapons packs that were sold in the 80’s. The original guns that came with the figures were black. But if you lost them, you could buy the weapons pack and they were molded in cheesy non black colors.

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 5449EC2F-F910-499E-A8F9-3390DCC70FC0

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obscure reference here:
That top reminds me of the weapons GI Joe packs that were sold in the 80’s. The original guns that came with the figures were black. But if you lost them, you could buy the weapons pack and they were molded in cheesy non black colors.

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 5449EC2F-F910-499E-A8F9-3390DCC70FC0
Lol. This brings back some memories, I'd forgotten about for a long time.
Sponsored