Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In my opinion the worst screwing Ford has given us is "Priority Builds". That mean if the dealership owner or sales manager has a buddy or family member waiting they get pushed ahead regardless of order queue place. I have two reserved within the first few minutes and haven't heard a word on either one and the dealer is just plain rude at this point so no answers there either.
Sponsored

northshoreboarder

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Raptor, 67' Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I reserved an FE thinking it was going to be one of the first also, but decided to change my order at the last minute and get a vehicle that fits exactly what I want. I figure if you actually order a vehicle, you might as well get every color and option you want, rather than let Ford control it. I do understand why folks want an FE though, its just not for me.

TennesseePA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2008 ES350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t read the whole thread so I this has been addressed already I apologize. I have a Launch Edition Gladiator and we got the same surprise when it came out. I was one of those lucky guys who was allowed to make my reservation a day ahead of the general public and I was actually built on the second day of LE production and got my truck very early but some guys had to wait several months to get theirs. Quite a few ended up on lots because they bought a regular Gladiator and cancelled their Launch Edition.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only one who didn't take the "timestamp" theory straight to heart from the beginning? There are way too many variables for a true chronological minute by minute order of production based on timestamp no matter what model.

I have a very early 7/14 reservation and still awaiting my build date but I'm not stressing. I'm giving Ford the benefit of doubt until May when we are supposed to have our delivery date email.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When all the dust has settled, year from now, every one with an FE will be smiling and enjoying the ride. I figure right now is a lottery process where some get chosen, but eventually all the FEs will get built and shipped, even if that takes till August.
I ordered the Black Onyx Seats so I’m just hoping I can get mine scheduled and built in the near future.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I learned yesterday that even though I reserved my FE within minutes of the reservation banks opening I will not be getting the email until at least June but more likely July. My dealership has quite a few allocated vehicles including 4 FE's and somehow I am the last FE.

Sad face emoji as I probably won't have my bronco in my driveway until at least September. Excuse me while I go cry, again. :(
Wait another month or two right before reservations builds are delivered. You'll see a post on this forum stating that Ford gave their top dealers, 1 to 3 non reservations builds to sell off their lots. :)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer allocation, assuming a specific dealer's reservation spread is representative of the nation as a whole, will in aggregate make no difference.

If Ford could only produce 1/3 - 1/2 of total orders in MY21, then the same earliest reservation holders would be included whether they were ranked against just the people at their dealer or against all people nationally.

The priority orders are 3,000 in total... that's only a single week of production... but because they were dispersed throughout the entire reservation holders, it would only pose a week "delay" in delivery for the people at the very end of production (MY22). At your dealer potentially only 1 or 2 people at most were bumped ahead of you... and it's not unreasonable that your Bronco ends up arriving on the exact same truck as it would have otherwise.

All that is to say... these things weren't "on our radar" but the practical impact on when I will receive my Bronco is so small it's ostensibly unmeasurable.

Last edited:

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I test drove a Mach E yesterday just to see what it was like. Very impressed! No substitute for a Bronco (or a real Mustang) though. Need something to hold me over until Ford is finished dicking us around...

I still want a Bronco though so my hold me over can't be another new $60k car 😩😂

Ford Bronco First Edition Sadness Thread 1619542641077
I similarly took a test drive when I came in and put in my Bronco order. I was impressed but I'd still still buy a tesla model Y right now over mach-e because of the reported charging issues with the mach-e. That said, I thought the build quality on the mach-e was better than teslas and if you get in an accident the mach-e will likely be repaired much more quickly since tesla is horrible at replacement part availability.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer allocation, assuming a specific dealer's reservation spread is representative of the nation as a whole, will in aggregate make no difference.

If Ford could only produce 1/3 - 1/2 of total orders in MY21, then the same earliest reservation holders would be included whether they were ranked against just the people at their dealer or against all people nationally.

The priority orders are 3,000 in total... that's only a single week of production... but because they were dispersed throughout the entire reservation holders, it would only pose a week "delay" in delivery for the people at the very end of delivery. At your dealer that means that potential only 1 or 2 people at most were bumped ahead of you... and it's not unreasonable that your Bronco ends up arriving on the exact same truck as it would have otherwise.

All that is to say... these things weren't "on our radar" but the practical impact on when I will receive my Bronco is so small it's ostensibly unmeasurable.
Zack again being the voice of reason amidst the cacophony of whining, taunts and outrage on this forum.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I guess everyone who’s sad in this thread ordered Navy Pier? Because if you ordered black interior, the expectation was clearly set that your FE wouldn’t be “first” in any way…
Black interior is no longer delayed
Sponsored