First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hot water extractor should take that dirt right out. We kept one on standby, just in case.

I like to keep my cars detailed, it's a hobby. My spare will remain on the tailgate until it's needed, just to keep it clean and new. I know it's a dumb reason.

You're driving a $32,000+ vehicle that gets 15mpg and you're going to worry about saving $250 in tire wear? 😁
Amen on the detailing, but I may get the fifth rotated because as they get rotated, I can ceramic coat the barrels on fifth wheel instead of me jacking up the Bronco!
Sponsored

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry didn't read all 8 pages. The Mister Clean Miracle eraser does wonders on fabric stains of all sorts. That or as stated directly above, hot water spot cleaner/extractor.

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A five tire rotation is actually recommended in the owner’s manual.

7444ADB6-3639-497E-A24F-87204FEA36F8.jpeg

OP is female, so she may not want to “be a man.” 😉
I specifically love the part on page 382 where it states tires exceeding six years of age require replacement whether or not they are used. Tires (rubber) loses rigidity over time (weathering) you can find this on the DOT CODE on the sidewall
https://www.tires-easy.com/blog/tire-dot-date-code/

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what do they charge to rotate tires? Twenty dollars, or more? If you get your tires rotated every 5000 per the manual recommendation, and your tires last for sixty thousand miles , that equates to twelve rotations. 12 x20= 240. Basically, the cost of or at a minimum, the majority cost of one new tire spent on rotations. Of course getting this done free or DYI changes this. I never rotate my tires and I routinely get the expected life span from them. I have concluded buying road hazard insurance on your tires is a better investment in the real world. The odds of experiencing a non repairable puncture greatly outweighs the premature tread loss from the lack of rotating tires.

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch; 737
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You folks who have spare tires in the 6+ year old category are pushing it.

Those in the over 10 year old category really have spare time bombs, not spare tires.

Yes, tires do have an expiration date. Manufacturers mold in date codes at the time of manufacturing, and it behooves you to know how old those tires are.

Back in my trucking days, I moved a trailer (called a power only move when you use your tractor and tote someone else's trailer) from Pennsylvania to Florida. It was late summer/early fall, and when I picked up the trailer I noticed some of the tires looked older. Good tread on them, no cuts or anything...looked at the date codes and one of the 8 tires was 10 years old. Well, it made it to just north of Columbia, South Carolina before detonating in spectacular fashion. It sounded like a shotgun had gone off next to my cab's passenger window, and that tire was nearly 70' behind me!

Do yourselves a favor and replace those bombs with new rubber ASAP.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Brake cleaner in a can will get it out. Same chemical as dry cleaners use.
They were able to clean it. The Service Manager and the Owner of dealership is worked with me and gave me a rental to get it cleaned. It took a few days. I’m very happy they were able to get it out!! Now I have chipped windshield from a rock on my way to work this morning..sigh!

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, even though I do a 5 tire rotation on several vehicles, I believe I'm in the minority. Most Jeep spares I see look like they've never seen the ground either, so I doubt it's that common anywhere.
I've rotated five tires on everdamn veehickle I've had five tires for, and, since I R an injuneer, I figgered out the tires last about 20% longer!!!
Howzat for maths?!?

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hot water extractor should take that dirt right out. We kept one on standby, just in case.

I like to keep my cars detailed, it's a hobby. My spare will remain on the tailgate until it's needed, just to keep it clean and new. I know it's a dumb reason.

You're driving a $32,000+ vehicle that gets 15mpg and you're going to worry about saving $250 in tire wear? 😁
It’s not about saving 250 in tire wear. It’s about keeping them even. You don’t want to put a new tire on with three others that are wore down. Its something you need to avoid on any vehicle

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well this has already been posted but I didn't see it until after reading the first 7 pages and I already took the time to make it fancy in mspaint so here it is, straight from page 382 in the Owner's Manual. I hope you like it.

Ford Bronco First Oil Change at Dealer…disaster 1675130747142

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try to use blue magic. I use it for fabric cleaning. Its the only thing that will likely work. Can get it at most stores and amazon. Its a alcohol base so it evaporates after you spray it. Leaves no marks. And has gotten most stains out of cloth for me. Hope that works.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just took the Bronco to the dealer for its 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation based on the warranty I bought. They did the oil change and failed to do a 5 tire rotation. Do you know the service manager told me most people don’t want the spare rotated. Like what dude, it’s standard and a no brainer in making sure they all get in the rotation. I asked him do you think Jeeps don’t get a 5 tire rotation. So I had take it back for that and they left oil/grease stains on my seat. They are trying to clean it but worst case scenario that they can’t, any ideas of how to clean this?! The good news is I blasted them on FB that the CEO of the dealer reached out to me and provided me a rental until they can figure out a way to get these stains removed.

The tire rotation not a big deal, the seats big deal. The deal will detail the inside for that.
Sponsored