Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fixed roof fan here...
Not saying eliminate the removable roofs - let's have both available.

Disclaimer: Don't have a reservation. Standing on the sidelines waiting for the smoke to clear. A 4Runner seems like a better match for my needs, but I come from a Ford family, spent 30 years happily driving Ford pickups to work every day, and want to buy American.
rak2
I loved my 4Runner and wish I still had it. I will say the loaner Wildtrak I was able to drive around last week while getting warranty work was awesome.

For a toy, there is no way 4Runner competes with the Bronco in my opinion. Day to day, I think it is a tossup, but would probably still lean towards the 4Runner just because of overall comfort, fit and finish, etc….
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny to say that there is no demand and the very next sentence you say keep dreaming people. I would almost be willing to bet a coffee that there would be more of a demand for an actual roof than for a manual transmission with the everyday buyer 🤷 🤪
And I would be willing to bet you that you’re wrong. You know, since the Bronco comes with a removable top and a manual, so clearly someone who likes money made that decision based off market interest.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

people making fun and joking about this but a lot of you folk would be first in line if ford said they have your bronco to you tomorrow if you take a hard top lmao
I would cut to the front. Just make it have removable doors and Im in.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot will depend on what it takes to fully utilize MAP. Leveraging fixed assets is what manufacturing finance is all about.
I guess? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t work for Ford so that’s not my area of expertise. But, it would take a SUBSTANTIAL amount of customer interest for them to develop essentially a new vehicle. You can’t just slap on a top that doesn’t come off the way the hard top installs, it’ll still have all the downsides of noise and heat and cold. The Bronco is popular because of Jeep, the vast majority of their sales will be to people who just want s car that’s like a Jeep with a removable top. The Wrangler has become a status symbol, it’s not even about its ability anymore. I would be shocked if you ever see the Bronco change from it is today, Ford wanted a piece of the pie.

Reactions: Jrl

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would cut to the front. Just make it have removable doors and Im in.
I think if Toyota made the new 4Runner with removable doors with a normal roof, I’d be pretty hard pressed to not buy one. 🤣Since they are coming out with their redesign for 2023.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
people making fun and joking about this but a lot of you folk would be first in line if ford said they have your bronco to you tomorrow if you take a hard top lmao
I would cancel.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
“Then you know, there are those of us who wonder what would happen if you wanted to go full Land Rover fighter with this vehicle, way up end, and then you would notice that they don’t have a removable top and they need that for quietness and so forth, so if we ever wanted to do something like that, then that could happen.”
Please Ford do not go full Land Rover fighter. At least if it means going the lux route. And there are so many pavement oriented fixed hardtop 4x4s available already.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think if Toyota made the new 4Runner with removable doors with a normal roof, I’d be pretty hard pressed to not buy one. 🤣Since they are coming out with their redesign for 2023.
Needs more power. The two Tacomas Ive driven just kinda meh when I mashed the fun pedal.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would cancel.
I think you are missing the point. Not eliminating the current configuration, just adding in another option. Similar to the 1st Gen Bronco, where I think there were six different variations to include the roadster that had no roof at all.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are missing the point. Not eliminating the current configuration, just adding in another option. Similar to the 1st Gen Bronco, where I think there were six different variations to include the roadster that had no roof at all.
Gotcha. I would not take it. Well, I take that back, I would take it. Then I would remove it, trash it and light it on fire and go buy a soft top.

@Ford Motor Company

Can you make this happen? Fixed top roof that I can remove and actually get a Bronco before 2025?

Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

https://fordauthority.com/2021/08/ford-bronco-team-not-ruling-out-fixed-roof-upscale-model
Per Ford Authority article

Ford Bronco Team Not Ruling Out Fixed Roof, Upscale Model

August 28, 2021

It’s hard to imagine a Ford Bronco without some sort of removable roof portion, a feature that’s always been synonymous with The Blue Oval’s legendary off-roader. After all, open-air cruising and trail riding are some of the Bronco’s most appealing features. But as it turns out, the same team that brought us the sixth-generation 2021 Ford Bronco hasn’t quite ruled out building a version of the SUV with a non-removable, fixed roof just yet.

“Not really, because the whole premise of the [Bronco] is open-air,” Ford Bronco Chief Engineer, Eric Loeffler, told Ford Authority Executive Editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview. “Will someone in the aftermarket do it? Maybe. But generally speaking, we think that most people will want to be running around with the top off. But if we get customer demand for it over the next couple of years, then we’ll consider it.”

“Then you know, there are those of us who wonder what would happen if you wanted to go full Land Rover fighter with this vehicle, way up end, and then you would notice that they don’t have a removable top and they need that for quietness and so forth, so if we ever wanted to do something like that, then that could happen.”

These are undoubtedly interesting comments that indicate Ford has at least considered the idea of making a version of the Bronco that’s more of a direct competitor to the new Land Rover Defender. At least a few members of the Bronco team are clearly receptive to the idea, which is obviously intriguing on a number of levels.

While it doesn’t offer a removable top option, the Land Rover Defender does compete with the Jeep Wrangler and Bronco in the burgeoning off-road SUV segment, though it’s a bit more luxurious and expensive than those two. The Defender is available in both two- and four-door configurations, and unlike the Bronco, can be paired with a V8.

While Jeep is clearly concerned about the Bronco’s arrival, Joe Eberhardt, president and CEO of Land Rover North America, recently welcomed Ford’s rugged SUV to the world, citing its positive impact on the overall segment. However, he doesn’t view the Bronco as a direct competitor to the Defender, though perhaps that could change at some point in the coming years.
Or just offer a 1 piece top instead.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Wrangler has become a status symbol, it’s not even about its ability anymore.
Agree 100. Many posts on this forum about how more folks buy Wrangler for image than for off-roadability.

I'm just saying whenever sales of the '21 edition begin to flag, Ford will offer variants.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would cancel.
I have to agree to you. The removable roof is what’s most appealing about it for me. Recently I reserved a 2 door BD. If I end up getting it I’ll run topless the majority of the year. If they want a solid roof 4x4 go buy a 4 runner and drive it 200k+ worry free miles. Not once have I considered a rover.
1. Because their reliability is trash
2. Because it’s dumb to not be able to remove the top

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree 100. Many posts on this forum about how more folks buy Wrangler for image than for off-roadability.

I'm just saying whenever sales of the '21 edition begin to flag, Ford will offer variants.
I agree with that 100%! I just don’t think the cost involved to essentially make this another SUV is in the cards.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With out the removable roof I am OUT.
I'd love to see a fixed roof up to the front seats, but still have removable front panels and the ability to add a Sunrider front top. It would be much quieter and less places for leaks and noises.
Sponsored