First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reference the 2023 bronco owners manual.
It’s online

it shows the new procedure
Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reference the 2023 bronco owners manual.
It’s online

it shows the new procedure
I read that just now and see nothing different than the 2022 manual. Can you help me out and tell me where you’re finding a new procedure in the 2023 manual that’s different than previous years?

Ts3794

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I read that just now and see nothing different than the 2022 manual. Can you help me out and tell me where you’re finding a new procedure in the 2023 manual that’s different than previous years?
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...A&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

Read last note:

no new procedure…. Just the deactivation note

Note: Put your climate control system in recirculated air mode to prevent exhaust fumes from entering your vehicle.
Note: Failure to put the transfer case in its neutral position can damage vehicle components.
Note: You can check the towing status at any time by opening the driver door or turning the ignition to the accessory or on position.Neutral Tow Enabled Leave Transmission in Neutral appears in the instrument cluster display to confirm you can recreationally tow your vehicle.
Note: If your vehicle has an anti-theft alarm, make sure you switch perimeter sensing on when towing.
Note: A tone could sound for up to 30 minutes if you recreationally tow with the doors removed.
Note: Electronic brake booster deactivates when neutral tow is enabled. Braking light does not respond when the feature is enabled.

….
Note: Electronic brake booster deactivates when neutral tow is enabled. Braking light does not respond when the feature is enabled.

Vezfly

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So with EBB not active , we are getting no braking with rv brkae pushing on peddle ? Thanks in advance

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So with EBB not active , we are getting no braking with rv brkae pushing on peddle ? Thanks in advance
No not “none” just not boosted.

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need an auxiliary brake system that’ll work without boost being active on the tow vehicle. There are a few options discussed throughout this thread. I’ve got an Air Force One and it works fine as long as it’s set up properly and as mentioned there are others that’ll work.

Bob Britton

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
200 Series Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M&G Engineering brake system is another system that will work with no EBB. I have been using their brake system on several vehicles over the last 20 years. Once installed, never once had a problem. Just ordered one for the Bronco and will be installing it soon.
https://www.mgbrakes.com

Vezfly

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need an auxiliary brake system that’ll work without boost being active on the tow vehicle. There are a few options discussed throughout this thread. I’ve got an Air Force One and it works fine as long as it’s set up properly and as mentioned there are others that’ll work.
what to I tell installer who instlaled the Air Force 1 I have , anything highlights would be appreciate

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what to I tell installer who instlaled the Air Force 1 I have , anything highlights would be appreciate
I had my installer call the guys at Demco and they walked him through the proper setup for the Bronco. I talked to the guys at Demco and they said they’d do this since they’re aware of what needs to be done. I’d be lieing if I told you I was sure of how they set it up.

Gargantua

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M1083A1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s in the manual for the AF1. You essentially fully cap the exhaust vent to direct max pressure to the petal for no boost situations.

Sponsored

OverDavidLand

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to hear your 2.7 guys could be nearing a solution and still rooting for you over here even though I am whimpy 2.3 guy.

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr Badsquatch, Porsche GT4, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did get that 22-PU1010-MIL-LT a couple weeks ago.

I also got a much larger update 22-PU0925-HAZ-FLH on Friday that also had no defintion, but now has one on the NHTSA site:

2021-2022MY Bronco (BCM)
22-PU0925-HAZ-FLH

Software Updates Have Been Made. A few small adjustments were made to restore your trailer light check feature to include the vehicle license plate lamps when the Trailer Light Check is operating.

So, it pertains to towing, but only managing the license plate lighting.

wvabeer

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350, 2010 F150, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still waiting for my update

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well guess what looks like this update to fix the EBB going to sleep as been out there for a couple of months and it is a OTA update.

Ran across a post it this thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ota-software-update-instructions.45983/page-9

So I when out an checked my Bronco a few minutes ago and yes I have the update.

Looking in OASIS I got update 22-PU1010-MIL-LT on Feb. 13, 2023 which is the ABS updated software.

Bulletin Date: Nov. 17, 2022
Component: Owners/service manual.
Bulletin Summary: Priority update 22-pu1010-mil-lt for 2021-2022 model year bronco vehicles is now available. Quality improvements include: improvements to neutral tow and ebb interaction, improvements to esc-off switch not reacting, improvement to mil ligh

You will know if you have the update because you will get some new warnings about the brakes.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did get that 22-PU1010-MIL-LT a couple weeks ago.

I also got a much larger update 22-PU0925-HAZ-FLH on Friday that also had no defintion, but now has one on the NHTSA site:

2021-2022MY Bronco (BCM)
22-PU0925-HAZ-FLH

Software Updates Have Been Made. A few small adjustments were made to restore your trailer light check feature to include the vehicle license plate lamps when the Trailer Light Check is operating.

So, it pertains to towing, but only managing the license plate lighting.
Have you been in tow mode to check to see if you have the update?
Sponsored