Sponsored

Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco?

yourbudjim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Soft-top High Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone found a place to tap always-on power for an aux brake without drilling through the firewall? My apologies if I missed it somewhere in the thread.
Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone found a place to tap always-on power for an aux brake without drilling through the firewall? My apologies if I missed it somewhere in the thread.
There is a rubber plug on the drivers side for passing wires through the fire wall. Those are my brake system wires going through it. Just cut a slot and push the wires through.
Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? Fire Wall Feed hole

GunninGopher

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 OBX 4Door (wife's), 07 Silverado 2500 LTZ 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you look for a recent post by me I describe what I did tapping an unused fuse slot suggested by another post.

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up the Bronco last week. I was able to get the Curt plug in light harness and the Roadmaster D ring brackets within a couple days. Got them installed and we headed to the beach. Towed nicely. No time to get the Air Force One brake kit moved over from the Jeep, but I'll handle that when we get back.

20220819_145111.jpg

yourbudjim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Soft-top High Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got some strange messages when switching out of Tow Mode today. Have been on the road for two days, spending one night at Walmart without disconnecting. I opened the door at Walmart's just to check. Got the In Tow Mode message. When I arrived at my current location the first thing I noticed was I did not get any message when I opened the door. When I pressed the start button without pressing the brake it did show the In Tow Mode message. Pressed the brake pedal for 7 seconds then shifted from Neutral to Park. The 4H light came on in the dash and on the GOAT Mode control knob, the wrench symbol come on and got the message need service soon. Started it up and drove it around a bit and everything cleared up. Any one else seen this?
Just looked at my Ford Pass Account and I just started getting REMOTE FEATURES DISABLED has entered deep sleep mode messages.
Grant,

I had the exact same experience yesterday when hooking up to come home. I have to admit that I panicked a bit, but after turning it off then back on a couple of times it cleared up. I hope this doesn't become another trend.

Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am grateful to find this forum.
My fiancé bought a 2021 Big Bend Bronco 4 door and we are going to tow it with our diesel pusher RV.

I have the base plates installed, but am seeking some ideas.

How are you guys who have made your Bronco towable, installing the safety cables that tie the tow bar base plate(s) to the frame of the Bronco?
Below are images from Blue Ox, that are understandable, but not as helpful in this installation.

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? 29CF943D-F425-4F8F-BE34-FF56A39D25DF

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am grateful to find this forum.
My fiancé bought a 2021 Big Bend Bronco 4 door and we are going to tow it with our diesel pusher RV.

I have the base plates installed, but am seeking some ideas.

How are you guys who have made your Bronco towable, installing the safety cables that tie the tow bar base plate(s) to the frame of the Bronco?
Below are images from Blue Ox, that are understandable, but not as helpful in this installation.

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? 29CF943D-F425-4F8F-BE34-FF56A39D25DF
Looking at these instruction pictures, page 6, it looks like they put them over the top of the frame and back down then connected them together.
https://www.blueox.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/BX2688.pdf

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you!
I ended up discovering that way myself. I just need to zip tie the cables to get them out of the way of the suspension and steering, as well as to minimize rattling.

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? A4041082-D9EA-4F0C-8BF6-1BE40A52C74B

Sponsored

Wkm01

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am getting my 2022 Bronco Outer Banks this weekend and plan to flat tow it behind my motorhome. However, I was wondering about the 1000 mile break-in period described in the owners manual. Anyone see any problems/concerns with flat towing before the 1000 mile break in is complete? I understand the purpose of the break in period, but associate that more with the engine than rolling the wheels in neutral tow mode. Thoughts?

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting my 2022 Bronco Outer Banks this weekend and plan to flat tow it behind my motorhome. However, I was wondering about the 1000 mile break-in period described in the owners manual. Anyone see any problems/concerns with flat towing before the 1000 mile break in is complete? I understand the purpose of the break in period, but associate that more with the engine than rolling the wheels in neutral tow mode. Thoughts?
I see no problem……..I flat towed mine right after I got it.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone 'stacked' the Curt RV Tow Wiing with a Curt four wire trailer tow wiring? Anyone see any potential issues?

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Agree with above comment. Break in period is for the motor. I towed mine with 500 miles on it.