Sponsored

Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco?

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 4x4, 98 Ls Tj on tons
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OK, some info on installing the Blue OX BX8848 Tail Light Wiring Kit, Diode. Two pictures and two documents that helped a bunch. One is instructions on removing the tail light assembly and the other is the wire color code.

Left Side.jpg

Right Side.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Great info, where did you get the info on removal and wiring, My 22 Raptor is almost here and like to see if the wiring the same as i know the tail light is different on raptor. NIce wiirng as well

be flat towing with Tiffin 45OPP see ya on the trail hopefully
Sponsored

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone using the JCR winch mount to flat tow ? the holes in the offroad tabs are 1.14 diameter and pins are on my blue ox off road adapters are .997 so i be installing a couple oilite bushings as thats lot of play between pin and the hole.

i flat towed a bulit JKU and when my mounts wore the jeep would dance at high speed it was lifted 4 inchs and on 37 inch tires< i am aware of what roadmaster says but i stick with what i have seen other than that the JCR stuff looks outstanding

Will also be using Airforce one as well just have to figure out where to put the 5 pin etc. Anyone already done that?

Throwed in a set of LOD support brackets for rear bumper to finish it off

now if they can find a semi truck to get my Raptor 35 miles from the railhead to my dealer but after 2 years what the hurry now lol this site is great got all the info off here so happy to found it

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK, some info on installing the Blue OX BX8848 Tail Light Wiring Kit, Diode. Two pictures and two documents that helped a bunch. One is instructions on removing the tail light assembly and the other is the wire color code.

Left Side.jpg

Right Side.jpg

Great info, where did you get the info on removal and wiring, My 22 Raptor is almost here and like to see if the wiring the same as i know the tail light is different on raptor. NIce wiirng as well

[/QUOTE]
I just looked on online at the wiring diagrams and shop manual and there is not any call outs for the Raptor on the tail light wiring or tail light removal. So I assume there is no change and they are the same as the standard Bronco.

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I just looked on online at the wiring diagrams and shop manual and there is not any call outs for the Raptor on the tail light wiring or tail light removal. So I assume there is no change and they are the same as the standard Bronco.
[/QUOTE]

Very clean wiring on the diodes as well and thanks for reply

Alimony

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone heard what the brake boost fix is going to be (always on, always off, user selectable) ?

Looking to order my brake system but need this critical piece of info first.

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone using the JCR winch mount to flat tow ? the holes in the offroad tabs are 1.14 diameter and pins are on my blue ox off road adapters are .997 so i be installing a couple oilite bushings as thats lot of play between pin and the hole.

i flat towed a bulit JKU and when my mounts wore the jeep would dance at high speed it was lifted 4 inchs and on 37 inch tires< i am aware of what roadmaster says but i stick with what i have seen other than that the JCR stuff looks outstanding

Will also be using Airforce one as well just have to figure out where to put the 5 pin etc. Anyone already done that?

Throwed in a set of LOD support brackets for rear bumper to finish it off

now if they can find a semi truck to get my Raptor 35 miles from the railhead to my dealer but after 2 years what the hurry now lol this site is great got all the info off here so happy to found it
Since you’d likely use the recovery shackle mounts to connect tow bars I’d take a look at the JCR install video for the winch plate and see how the shackle mounts mount to the Bronco and how they’re constructed. If they bolt directly to the frame and are solidly constructed I wouldn’t hesitate to use it. I’d also give the guys at JCR a call and discuss, they were good when I called a while back.

FWIW I’m towing with the JCR winch bumper.

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Since you’d likely use the recovery shackle mounts to connect tow bars I’d take a look at the JCR install video for the winch plate and see how the shackle mounts mount to the Bronco and how they’re constructed. If they bolt directly to the frame and are solidly constructed I wouldn’t hesitate to use it. I’d also give the guys at JCR a call and discuss, they were good when I called a while back.

FWIW I’m towing with the JCR winch bumper.
Appreciate reply, i did give them a call and they said go for it, so its already here just waiting on the camera reloction kit. I did put bushings in the holes as they were almost 1 1/8 so simple oilite bushing after cleaning up the powder coat as well as slightly elogated holes. Now if Raptor will make it the last 35 miles on truck i can get to work lol One more question are you running airforce 1 controller and if so where did you mount it, sucks got pull fuses but hopefully the update will fix that. See ya on road

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? bushing jcr 1

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate reply, i did give them a call and they said go for it, so its already here just waiting on the camera reloction kit. I did put bushings in the holes as they were almost 1 1/8 so simple oilite bushing after cleaning up the powder coat as well as slightly elogated holes. Now if Raptor will make it the last 35 miles on truck i can get to work lol One more question are you running airforce 1 controller and if so where did you mount it, sucks got pull fuses but hopefully the update will fix that. See ya on road

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? bushing jcr 1
The installer mounted the AF 1 under the bumper’s winch plate.

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Alimony

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, I attempted the Curt kit for the lighting and got fast blinking tail lights on the RV and the front of the bronco, nothing on the back. Before I messed up anything, I just went with the wireless lighting from Amazon, and they're working great!

Setup is:
TOAD: 2022 Bronco Badlands 2.7l Automatic
RV: 2019 Newmar Dutch Star Spartan Chassis
Towbar: Roadmaster Nighthawk All-terrain 8K RM-676
Modular Bumper Adapters: Roadmaster RM-035-1
Braking: Roadmaster Brakemaster RM-9160
Wireless lighting: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0936C6SCZ?

I did need to rework the factory air connectors on the Dutch Star to fit a 3/8" automotive pneumatic lines, which made me also need to change the (bus side) air hose connector. Works great. People that tell you you cannot use anything but the Air Force One are incorrect, other than the physical connection needed a trip to Lowes to marry them up.

With this setup I do not need to use the 7-way connector, so have a jackery trickle charging the battery on the drive.

309453560_1149194095685913_4074397647544095478_n.jpg
After seeing the comment regarding fast blinking lights I decided to dissect my Curt harness. Shouldn’t there be two diodes, one for each power source?

FBDAF0CF-172D-40A0-B910-55FBD93784C4.jpeg

Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After seeing the comment regarding fast blinking lights I decided to dissect my Curt harness. Shouldn’t there be two diodes, one for each power source?

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? FBDAF0CF-172D-40A0-B910-55FBD93784C4
Looks like there is one also in the yellow wire under the shrink tubing.

Alimony

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like there is one also in the yellow wire under the shrink tubing.
Correct, but I’d think you’d want a diode to prevent power from the toed back feeding the RV. In this case you’d need two per source ( ie two on the stop lights as well as two for the turn signal) ?

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct, but I’d think you’d want a diode to prevent power from the toed back feeding the RV. In this case you’d need two per source ( ie two on the stop lights as well as two for the turn signal) ?
Yes, is there not two diodes on the other side's connector?

Alimony

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, is there not two diodes on the other side's connector?
Nope. Curt only put one diode blocking RV power to toad vehicle. No diode blocking power from toad to RV.

DndRough

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 SCrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That hitch is the reason the Bronco's tow rating is so low. In all reality it should be 7500# or more with a class III/IV.
I don't buy two engine choices, two wheelbase choices, two weights, same tow capacities. Limiting factor is the hitch...period.
Who is going to make a decent hitch for the Bronco? At the very least beef it up enough to tow another Bronco. The way things are now, you can't even pull your buddy out of the slop.
Grumble grumble.
Rant over...back to learning about flat towing and prewiring for lights and brakes.
Sponsored