Otto44

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Gen 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since I have MGV on my BD with MIC top, I will keep my build without the headliner and wait and see how noisy it really is and keep the option of having a "washable" interior (cloth seatbacks excluded) :unsure:. I will be mostly using my Bronco for off road adventures anyway (not a daily driver) which will likely be rattling and noisy. Trick is to have an incredibly loud sound system and blast it so you drown out all the noises! haha! o_O
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if maybe the higher ups and bean counters green lit this because it might become standard on future models ‘22+

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since I have MGV on my BD with MIC top, I will keep my build without the headliner and wait and see how noisy it really is and keep the option of having a "washable" interior (cloth seatbacks excluded) :unsure:. I will be mostly using my Bronco for off road adventures anyway (not a daily driver) which will likely be rattling and noisy. Trick is to have an incredibly loud sound system and blast it so you drown out all the noises! haha! o_O
Just saying...

who-safe-listening-hearing-loss-is-on-the-rise.png

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed, I use to be a Wrangler JK owner, my hardtop had no deadening material, I use to off road with it and I never, ever had to hose off the inside of the roof.
Not often, but the times I've had to clean my Jeep hardtop interiors:
1) Dropped can of Mountain Dew, punctured and rolling around the floor, spraying pop all over the place, dripping from the ceiling. Mostly laughed about it - because no carpet on floor and no fabric on hardtop.
2) Mudding with doors off and top on, some mud gets sprayed into the vehicle.
3) Storing the top in the yard or behind the garage, dirt and moisture end up getting all over the top and some inside it just happens over time. (And critters/insects can be a problem.)

Getting the fabric free with Bronco is fine, seems like a good deal for some owners, but hopefully for those who end up not wanting it, the process to remove will not be too difficult. Meaning hopefully not a lot of glue/mastic to clean off will see ...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if it was standard on your build (I.e. FE) do you get a $495 price reduction? Asking for a friend.
Actually the answer is surprisingly, YES! I was shocked by it does reduce the FE price by $495

Meatbag79

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your answer is in the first post. It depends on which of the 3 bullet points you fall under.
Since you are a BL, unless you upgraded to leather I think the second bullet point is the one you want to read and I Bolded and underlined the important section
Ah. Dang then. I work at a Ford dealership, and I will actually be selling these, but I did not have the option to add it on the system, even on the 19th. Doing so would have taken away other options. I was just hoping that it would kind of... automatically happen... because there was nothing I could do with it.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is making it difficult to come to terms with dealers when they keep changing what is included and available before your build is submitted.
More likely to happen is vehicle gets delivered and the dealership says with the options you’ve selected we’re going to need $xx,xxx.xx ala Focus RS...
Headliner is $0, so that’s exactly how much your cost should increase.

Negotiations should agree on a price now at order time based off of Invoice or MSRP. Those are known amounts. Even if they want to charge ADM it needs to be negotiated now as a known value above MSRP (fixed or percentage).

There can/should be no scenario in which you go to pick up *your* Bronco ordered for you, under your name, and you don’t know what the price already is.

Last edited:

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tinnitus is real and it sucks.
Worked in the Navy on a flight deck with a fighter squadron in the 80s. You are absolutely correct. Sucks.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry if this is mentioned in the thread but I don’t want to read 30 pages. If my reservation is pushed to MY 22 does that mean I don’t get the free sound deadening?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this is mentioned in the thread but I don’t want to read 30 pages. If my reservation is pushed to MY 22 does that mean I don’t get the free sound deadening?
No idea. Ford's announcement only mentions MY21.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Worked in the Navy on a flight deck with a fighter squadron in the 80s. You are absolutely correct. Sucks.
Been aroung loud stuff all my life guns,motorcycles,jet engines ,concerts my ears are like the seashell you pick up at the beach constant hiss,funny thing is at all my hearing tests i hear like a bat🦇

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry in advance if this was ready answered but...if I ordered a Badlands with MGV and no sound deadening headliner, will asking the dealer to add it NOW (after the window closed last week) F-up my order time-line? Is it better to just wait it out and then ask the dealer to hand over the liner so that I can install it myself later if this actually happens in 21?
Sponsored