Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can tell you from a Jeep perspective I never bring my Wrangler to the dealership unless it's major motor/electrical/tranny work that I am certain will covered under warranty. Otherwise I do the work myself or bring to a trusted indie Jeep shop and pay out of pocket.
And I as well. Lol. After having this learning experience. Brutal.
Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I donā€™t know the laws in your state but in California itā€™s near impossible to get dismissed value out of an insurance company. My youngest son crashed into a rental car and the rental company went after $20,000 in diminished value. My insurance told them to pound sand and it ended there.

OP
OP
Maverickxj

Maverickxj

Outer Banks
First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I donā€™t know the laws in your state but in California itā€™s near impossible to get dismissed value out of an insurance company. My youngest son crashed into a rental car and the rental company went after $20,000 in diminished value. My insurance told them to pound sand and it ended there.
Bummer. I mean, I'd settle for it being fixed at this point.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Alright, after reading through everyone's responses, I decided to go with the consensus and let the dealership attempt to repair the Bronco.

A month after the initial damage I dropped off the Bronco and got the F150 loaner. It had been a week and a half and I got the call to go pick it up.

Arrived and saw the Bronco parked in the lot and was eager to check it out. Immediately I notice the hue of the driver rear door being warmer than the rest of the Bronco. I dig deeper.... There are literal RUNS in the paint. lol. I don't know what else to do at this point other than laugh at the idiocy of the dealership.

Besides that, the driver door was untouched and original chips not repaired. The rear fender looks like they tried to hit it with a paint pen and the chip is still there. There's also overspray on the soft top.

Here are some pictures. I'm at a loss at this point and the options seem to be let them "fix it again" as the manager suggested or.... talk to my insurance company and see about taking it to another body shop. I told the manager that I had zero faith in their body shop and he said he can't approve repairs anywhere else.

Ford corporate was zero help and said I can call around and see if another dealer can fix it. Anyways.... feel free to chime in as we journey through this mess together.

PICS

IMG_1852 Medium.jpeg
IMG_1861 Medium.jpeg
IMG_1855 Medium.jpeg
IMG_1853 Medium.jpeg
I'd be pissed

Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tell them since they canā€™t seem to fix it properly you want a new Bronco, and since they consider that hack job fixed you want full MSRP trade in value for it. Then get a new one and find another dealer.

OP
OP
Maverickxj

Maverickxj

Outer Banks
First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tell them since they canā€™t seem to fix it properly you want a new Bronco, and since they consider that hack job fixed you want full MSRP trade in value for it. Then get a new one and find another dealer.
Also really considering this route if they can do retail purchase price for trade value..

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow....i would be so pissed too. This is why i HATE having anyone touch my vehicles and i do all of my own work....except warranty work, i unfortunately bring it in for those.

I once had a Mopar 16 limited edition RAM truck...1 of 400 made. I had a bad instrument cluster that needed to be replaced. I hopped in the driver's seat, when i picked it up, and straight in front of me was a half inch gouge on the dash. I about lost my mind. Replacing an instrument cluster on a RAM truck is super easy and they managed to f%&k it up. Needless to say, i got Chrysler involved and the dealership had to replace the entire top part of my dash. Luckly they didn't screw that up. I told them that they are just gonna keep replacing parts until it's back in the condition i gave it to them in. I must say though, Chrysler was fantastic in any and all issues i ever had over the yrs. Ford should pay attention to them. Imo.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That yellow-ish tint is the clear coat. Probably applied too thick. Probably wouldnā€™t be noticeable had they blended the side as opposed to just repairing the door. The shitty chip repair isā€¦shitty. Get a shop that has great reviews and punt the bill to dealership.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They definitely need better painters in their body shop. All sorts of stuff wrong with that, but good luck getting the dealer to give you back the value of the vehicle towards a new one.

I'd definitely be looking for them to pay your deductible if you end up putting it through insurance.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Itā€™s unfortunate but you have to get your insurance company involved now. Probably should have in the beginning. Once itā€™s finally fixed appropriately, a diminished value claim will be hard to persue unless it shows up on your carfax as repaired. If thereā€™s no evidence itā€™s been repaired then itā€™s value is not diminished.

Let your insurance company deal with suing that dealership.
BTW, In Texas and other states you are allowed to pick whomever you want to repair your vehicle for an insurance claim.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I swear I donā€™t even trust the dealership to check the air in my tires. I donā€™t want them to touch it.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It could be worse.

I had a dealer valet wreak my Cadillac V. Didnā€™t know how to drive a manual and dumped the clutch at high rpm. Lost control. Whack, smash, bam.

Worse than that, I had a brand new Camaro SS 1LE catch on fire during a tech test drive. Smh.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I swear I donā€™t even trust the dealership to check the air in my tires. I donā€™t want them to touch it.
Truth!
Sponsored