Sponsored

Ford OEM Hardtops availability and cost?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just learned something! I would’ve thought the rear hatch section and the forward overhead section would’ve been interchangeable between tye two. Interesting!
Me too, but it you look at them they are diff lengh
Rear window? Rear wiper?
wiper def the same. Rear window prob is too. And the latches. Good point
Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Me too, but it you look at them they are diff lengh

wiper def the same. Rear window prob is too. And the latches. Good point
I had to prove this to myself. Drove by a local with 11 Broncos on the lot. There was a 4 door hardtop and a 2 door hardtop parked next to each other. Sure as sh!t, they are different! The 4 door rear hatch section Is shorter than the 2 door. The front roof section is also larger on the 4 door.

My eyes have been deceiving me for two years now 🤣🤣

Oh and that dealer that has that many Broncos In the lot? They are all carrying a 10k ADM.

CordellMusic

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe EXL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly the giant roll cage pretty much ruins the "open air" experience for me. And the soft top doesn't even go down properly.

I'm used to a convertible which actually "converts" (see avatar)
I have a soft top, and it goes down properly every time. Are you sure you're doing it right?

I love the soft top. It takes literally 5 seconds to go from top on to like I'm driving a speed boat. It's pretty quiet too for a soft top.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will take their one piece hard top for $3k any time of day. Removable panels serve two functions as far as I am concerned: increase cabin noise s f be a source of squeaks and leaks. If I had a viable alternative I would have never bought a Bronco due to the removable top. Almost as pointless as a moon roof in my book. Others will disagree I am sure.
I agree. If I could have gotten a non removeable top I would have. Took the top off of my gen 1 once and never again.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Otherwise, we are stuck with about a $6000 cost to buy a good hardtop.
Well, you'll spend much more than $6,000 on a Ford OEM hardtop to put it all together. And even IF they sold it in a kit for that price, I'd much rather spend that $6,000 on a "good" hardtop, as you said - Such as @ADV Fiberglass

You essentially said it yourself - Buy a Ford hard top or a good one. Which do you think makes more sense longer term?

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a soft top, and it goes down properly every time. Are you sure you're doing it right?
I'm talking the design. "Down" isn't really down. Leaves a 2 ft high wall. Doesn't actually go down like in a Mustang where it's actually down below the steel.

CoachKeith22

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same boat here. Ford and the dealers spread this word like wildfire. After hearing from them, I switched from hard top with roof rails to a soft top in Q3 of 2021. Got mine with a soft top a few months after, and haven't regretted it for a second. I love the soft top and wouldn't mind getting a hard top, but only once the costs come down below $2000. If that never happens, I'm fine with the notion of sticking with the soft top 100% of the time.
DITTO! AMEN!!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the soft top, but the noise kinda gets to you. I do not mind it as much, but having people in the Bronco and they are near elevated screaming to speak is a no-go.

Now for a nice soft top, it looks as MyTop has finally made a soft top fully electric, and it will be released in spring.

I went the route of the Armadillo Slantback Aluminum Hardtop. It has panels you can remove for the front and back, and also has Gullwing doors on the side, so you can remove those and the back hatch for open air. I do not take my sof top down a lot anyway, so having the panels come off is the better solution when I do want to do it. The Aluminum will also help stiffen the body and looking at the liners they will offer makes this a very quiet ride.

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

augidog34

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the soft top, but the noise kinda gets to you. I do not mind it as much, but having people in the Bronco and they are near elevated screaming to speak is a no-go.

Now for a nice soft top, it looks as MyTop has finally made a soft top fully electric, and it will be released in spring.

I went the route of the Armadillo Slantback Aluminum Hardtop. It has panels you can remove for the front and back, and also has Gullwing doors on the side, so you can remove those and the back hatch for open air. I do not take my sof top down a lot anyway, so having the panels come off is the better solution when I do want to do it. The Aluminum will also help stiffen the body and looking at the liners they will offer makes this a very quiet ride.
This is the first I've heard of this hard top option. Pricey but cool. I won't get one, but I'd love to live vicariously through you, if you don't mind posting some pictures when you finally take delivery of it. Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

MJRedBend

Big Bend
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
has anyone even gotten an ADV hard top delivered? Seems like they’ve been on sale for a year but all I hear from people is no delivery yet.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love the soft top. It takes literally 5 seconds to go from top on to like I'm driving a speed boat. It's pretty quiet too for a soft top.
I cry foul. Please show us a video of you removing side panels plus rear panel and then folding top down to third position all in 5 seconds. Minutes maybe.

And just one reason my softtop has never been past 2nd position (and doors never off)