Sponsored

Ford OEM Hardtops availability and cost?

Papa Wayne

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I was told yesterday by my fellow Bronco owner here in New Mexico Ford was considering selling the new OEM Hardtops to those of use that had to give up that portion of the order. Has anyone heard whether this was true or not? Otherwise, we are stuck with about a $6000 cost to buy a good hardtop.

I did address a letter directly to Elena Ford, Chief Customer Experience Officer expressing my displeasure with how Ford has handled this whole issue. I'm sure that and $3 will get me a cup of coffee somewhere, certainly not Starbucks! For all those in the same boat I encourage you to do the same; though I have my doubts as to how much Ford even listens to us.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I gave up the painted modular top, which I would buy if Ford ever made it available at close to the $1800 price Ford paid me for not providing it. Even at double that, delivered and installed, would pique my interest.

Problem is still that there is not enough production capacity to supplying 2.0 tops for all the new Bronco orders

OP
OP
Papa Wayne

Papa Wayne

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I gave up the painted modular top, which I would buy if Ford ever made it available at close to the $1800 price Ford paid me for not providing it. Even at double that, delivered and installed, would pique my interest.

Problem is still that there is not enough production capacity to supplying 2.0 tops for all the new Bronco orders
I had that feeling that would be the issue

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I was told yesterday by my fellow Bronco owner here in New Mexico Ford was considering selling the new OEM Hardtops to those of use that had to give up that portion of the order. Has anyone heard whether this was true or not? Otherwise, we are stuck with about a $6000 cost to buy a good hardtop.

I did address a letter directly to Elena Ford, Chief Customer Experience Officer expressing my displeasure with how Ford has handled this whole issue. I'm sure that and $3 will get me a cup of coffee somewhere, certainly not Starbucks! For all those in the same boat I encourage you to do the same; though I have my doubts as to how much Ford even listens to us.

Thanks in advance.
Why did you have to “give up” that portion of your order? I just ordered what I wanted and waited for it.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford already sells the hardtop. You can go to any dealership and order one. You aren’t going to get it for under ~$7k though. That’s the only way you’ll get a brand new one from Ford though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Papa Wayne

Papa Wayne

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why did you have to “give up” that portion of your order? I just ordered what I wanted and waited for it.
They told me it would not arrive within the 2023 year

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ADV fiberglass is only option I would touch for what the going price on MIC is. There is no way I would pay over about $2k for a MIC top.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back in 21 they asked and even sent out a letter to people in the reservation system to switch to the soft top , as they " could t keep the line full for production with hard tops" as their supplier couldn't build a hard top that could pass quality control. Its why Ford added the Hard top Prep kit to all these broncos for the hard top rear window defroster and windshield wiper/washer. Before that if you ordered a Soft Top you didnt get the prep kit.

We were also told we would be in limbo time wise if we waited for a hard top. Many switched their order to get a Bronco in our lifetime. Seeing as how the difference on the build page was $695, and a soft top is a bout $2000 we all figured we would be able to get a hard top for a reasonable price for Helping Ford out. And yes the $7000 for a OEM hard top is a slap in the face considering what the up charge is on a new order. ( I understand they cant supply them, so maybe thats part of the cost) But there is NO Possible way it costs Ford $7000 a truck for a hard top... they would go out of business.

They couldnt supply us all with one anyway, and I dont see that changing for a few years anyway..... if even then. Some people ordered in 2020 and are still waiting, or just getting their Hardtop......

augidog34

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Back in 21 they asked and even sent out a letter to people in the reservation system to switch to the soft top , as they " could t keep the line full for production with hard tops" as their supplier couldn't build a hard top that could pass quality control. Its why Ford added the Hard top Prep kit to all these broncos for the hard top rear window defroster and windshield wiper/washer. Before that if you ordered a Soft Top you didnt get the prep kit.

We were also told we would be in limbo time wise if we waited for a hard top. Many switched their order to get a Bronco in our lifetime. Seeing as how the difference on the build page was $695, and a soft top is a bout $2000 we all figured we would be able to get a hard top for a reasonable price for Helping Ford out. And yes the $7000 for a OEM hard top is a slap in the face considering what the up charge is on a new order. ( I understand they cant supply them, so maybe thats part of the cost) But there is NO Possible way it costs Ford $7000 a truck for a hard top... they would go out of business.

They couldnt supply us all with one anyway, and I dont see that changing for a few years anyway..... if even then. Some people ordered in 2020 and are still waiting, or just getting their Hardtop......
Same boat here. Ford and the dealers spread this word like wildfire. After hearing from them, I switched from hard top with roof rails to a soft top in Q3 of 2021. Got mine with a soft top a few months after, and haven't regretted it for a second. I love the soft top and wouldn't mind getting a hard top, but only once the costs come down below $2000. If that never happens, I'm fine with the notion of sticking with the soft top 100% of the time.

Sponsored

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I jumped on a local brand new OEM takeoff for $5k earlier this year. The only way I was able to justify it to myself is the $3200 credit I received when I dropped the hard top from my order.

In the end I feel like I got dual OEM tops for $1800. Still over what it’s worth, but the private offer certificate helped if that’s still available to you.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
ADV fiberglass is only option I would touch for what the going price on MIC is. There is no way I would pay over about $2k for a MIC top.
The ADV modular top doesn't even have a removable center section, the price point on that should be around $1500 not $5k+.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just get a 2 door and you don't have to worry about getting a hard top.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The ADV modular top doesn't even have a removable center section, the price point on that should be around $1500 not $5k+.
I will take their one piece hard top for $3k any time of day. Removable panels serve two functions as far as I am concerned: increase cabin noise s f be a source of squeaks and leaks. If I had a viable alternative I would have never bought a Bronco due to the removable top. Almost as pointless as a moon roof in my book. Others will disagree I am sure.
Sponsored