Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im on all sides of the fence on this being a strictly older car guy for most of my life. I hate having to rewire junk attached to computers, however BROKEN PLASTIC CLIPS ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE!!! I have never met a electrical connector clip that i havent broken.
Those clips scare me. I've broken several on my LJ, so I hesitate to even touch one, so far I haven't destroyed any on my Fords, maybe they have a "Better Idea"
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All the parts that would move independently sometimes, and like a SFA other times, and have electronic things that don’t go well with vibrations, dust and water over the long term controlling them.

Probably wonderful on the street and your occasional deep snow in the driveway, trip up a dirt road to the winery, or parking in a field at the steeplechase. Not good when it goes in the back woods.

Example: I met a guy who’s electronic sway bar disconnect fritzed out in the mud. He said it was almost $2000 to repair it. A mechanical sway bar disconnect link is easy to replace on the trail and costs between $50-$175.

Second example: a little plastic circlip broke off my transfer case cable on the boat ramp (in neutral). I was able to use a screw driver to pull the cable into 2WH and some wire to hold it on until I could get another clip. If it had been a dial on the dashboard - a tow truck, maybe two, and a $200 module instead of a 50 cent clip plus a couple spares.

Yep and that is the point I was trying to make about IFS a while back about how expensive it is to "lift" it. SFA is a lot cheaper to "lift" it. Not trying to make it about SFA but my point to "how much it is to fix" and also "how much it is to modify". IFS is always going to be $$$ when compared to SFA, and the more techno it gets the more it will be to fix. KISS is the best method but unfortunately the ones calling the shots don't look at it this way. ;)

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
0 is usually the high voltage state and 1 is the low state so I guess if the 1 is broken it's stuck at 0 which will drain the battery so there we go I answered my own question.
You mean the auto industry is still not up to the communications comms, using DC impulses. No more 1 & O for me. I’m in AC work, and we have systems that have built in algorithms to control the Inverter for the multistage compressor and blower.
After reading that article where it said it would compensate for varied terrain, surface conditions, driver imputes, I thought hear we go, algorithms. Although, not a fan on vehicles, but love it on my AC. If engineered right, people will enjoy it. But only one company has this done correctly for the residential AC world, Carrier. Huh, another blue oval, and the most selling.....,ok, I’ll stop, you get the point.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You mean the auto industry is still not up to the communications comms, using DC impulses. No more 1 & O for me. I’m in AC work, and we have systems that have built in algorithms to control the Inverter for the multistage compressor and blower.
After reading that article where it said it would compensate for varied terrain, surface conditions, driver imputes, I thought hear we go, algorithms. Although, not a fan on vehicles, but love it on my AC. If engineered right, people will enjoy it. But only one company has this done correctly for the residential AC world, Carrier. Huh, another blue oval, and the most selling.....,ok, I’ll stop, you get the point.
Algorithms are just big fancy if-statements. But anyway, at the end of that day it's all still written in binary.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is there gonna be a barebones model without all this tech crap?

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep, definitely saw military use.

Also, after I left the UMBC Baja team, a student on the team who had an internship at an army research lab managed to get his hands on some ferrofluid and they actually made their own magneto dampers by drilling out a valve body, ditching the shims, wrapping it with copper wire, and hooking it up to a controller. I think they ran the lines through the now-empty rebound adjust bore in the damper rod. The damn thing actually worked! I don't think they went through with building all four corners. It would have been AWESOME but also it would have tripled the value of the car lol.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope so. Options are good.
Exactly, and while this does seem cool, as others have said, gonna be a headache when things start going

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This better not be a tarted up KDSS.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole video is worth a watch but checkout 2:55 ??

087C1175-224A-431A-841E-25DC98428C88.png

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ChrispyKC …...…. you 'da ?

THAT is exactly it !!!!! Don't ever get old :ROFLMAO: …………. RIDES !!! that was it, good show, I'm sure that is where I first heard of "Daisy" and "Petunia" also !!! They were good tv shows.

?? Thanks again Chrispy for helping the old man out. HAHAHA

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

not trying to hijack the thread but I found this and posted in case someone has no idea what "Daisy" is. IMO Ford should have made this for 100K instead of a Shelby GT500.

sorry it got subtitles but sound is English ……. it's the first one I found. :)
Sponsored