First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco, 2016 Ram, 1991 Sierra, 1969 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know which rear diff skid plates will still work with this cover?
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My cover came, no issues. Now just got to get the time to put it on.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

20% discount code worked and I applied my accumulated FP Points. Fingers crossed that Ford ships the right item. Once I receive the cover, it will be sent off for paint.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming up on 6K and have had cover on bench for 3 mths… need to get ambitious. Are most guys re-using the factory gasket or using the one that came with cover? I remember seeing some issues with bolt length depending which way you go.
Only other concern is I don’t want to mess up / break the brake line tabs when I pull them apart to remove old cover.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A brand-new axle from Dana that has never been in service and has never had any oil in it requires oil to "wet" the internals, so you fill it to the top hole, because you will lose some volume in the process.

An axle that has been in service--like the one under your Bronco has had oil so you only fill to the bottom hole--otherwise, you will be overfilling the axle.
If regearing, would you use top hole to fill the first time? Then after break in use lower hole?

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Does anyone know which rear diff skid plates will still work with this cover?
I got the DV8 to fit, just had to do some cutting to clear the cover "fins" and drain plug area.

made a cardboard template using the skid then trimmed until it fit the outside of the cover.... Used that template to cut the skid. Easy enough.

And YES it rides/steers better with the track bar horizontal.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Rear Differential Cover Installed Impressions Glute Day

Seven16

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Big Bend, ‘20 mustang GT, MT-82
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I reused the factory gasket & yes, the supplied bolts aren’t long enough. @CarbonSteel has a great write up & YouTube videos too. As far as the brake line fasteners go, I used a push pin removal tool & they came off rather easy.
Coming up on 6K and have had cover on bench for 3 mths… need to get ambitious. Are most guys re-using the factory gasket or using the one that came with cover? I remember seeing some issues with bolt length depending which way you go.
Only other concern is I don’t want to mess up / break the brake line tabs when I pull them apart to remove old cover.

Bronco_MI

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco, 2016 Ram, 1991 Sierra, 1969 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got the DV8 to fit, just had to do some cutting to clear the cover "fins" and drain plug area.

made a cardboard template using the skid then trimmed until it fit the outside of the cover.... Used that template to cut the skid. Easy enough.

And YES it rides/steers better with the track bar horizontal.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Rear Differential Cover Installed Impressions Glute Day
That's fantastic! Thanks for the input!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the gasket that came with it and everything worked fine. I had no difficulty with the brake line hangers and may have used a plastic trim tool?

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used the gasket that came with it and torqued it to specs in the directions and doesn't leak and looks great. I like the black bolts that comes with it. The break line tabs were easy just take your time and watch the YouTube video popopatty uploaded. So easy with squeeze bags from amsoil or valvoline.

Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
+1 on squeeze bags, got them next to cover.
I ll have to watch that video; thanks for heads up

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What are these squeeze bags? They help with the brake line tabs? They get attached near the cover? I’m so confused…

And bolt lengths are inadequate? How much extra stuff do I need to install this thing?

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What are these squeeze bags? They help with the brake line tabs? They get attached near the cover? I’m so confused…

And bolt lengths are inadequate? How much extra stuff do I need to install this thing?
Squeeze bags are what you can get the gear oil in vs a plastic bottle. Squeeze bags are easy to get the oil in the filler hole with no mess and extra parts. Ford diff and 2 oil Squeeze bags are all you need. Have to use a different weight like 75w90, 110 or 140. 90 is closest to 85 oem.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I think the squeeze bag question was answered but for the bolts if you're using the OEM rubber gasket the bolts/studs will be too short.

If you're using the fiber gasket that will supplied with the Ford Performance cover, then bolts will be just fine.
Sponsored