Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

slamming downshifts has gotta be hard on the drive train.... I like the engine tune in sport mode and the throttle response, BUT, I REALLY don't need aggressive downshifting....that's why they invented paddle shifters....
Sponsored

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

if you live in the mountains the paddle shifters do a great job whether you keep in in D or M in sport mode. I use it a ton for engine braking, these things are heavy so downhill stuff will heat up the brakes quick.

MKVBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2023 GR Supra MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any update on this? Should be taking delivery of mine sometime next week, and about to order a JB4, I am pretty familiar with them due to BMW platform I am big in, and figure it is a far from perfect solution but still relatively nice little power bump, without voiding the warranty, at least till this comes out if it ever comes out, would def be nice to get it straight from ford even if it cost a little more then the past one for the regular 2.3.

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any update on this? Should be taking delivery of mine sometime next week, and about to order a JB4, I am pretty familiar with them due to BMW platform I am big in, and figure it is a far from perfect solution but still relatively nice little power bump, without voiding the warranty, at least till this comes out if it ever comes out, would def be nice to get it straight from ford even if it cost a little more then the past one for the regular 2.3.
I took the JB4 and a pedal commanded off of my Braptor when I put the whipple tune if you are interested, I’ll cut you deal.

OP
OP
raptorusmaximus

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I called ford performance last week and spoke to one of their techs and got the same story...... it's under consideration, not a big enough market to justify the costs.

Sponsored

Turbo yzel

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It would be nice if you can hold the downshift lever,
And it would go into the lowest gear possible without over revving like my old 2019 TTRS would

Just hold just hold it for a sec, and it would go all the way to 1-2 gear if revs would let it happen 🤷‍♂️

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I called ford performance last week and spoke to one of their techs and got the same story...... it's under consideration, not a big enough market to justify the costs.
That’s a BS reason. There are plenty of Braptors out there. Regardless, this is economies 101. You increase the price of the tune for it to make sense. We will still buy it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just talked to ford performance and they told me unofficially that Ford is still on the fence if they want to release a tune for the Braptor. Apparently they haven't made a decision yet but are not sure if they want to go through all the work, testing and CARB approval.

If you're like me and would like to see one, call Ford performance and let them know, not sure if anything anyone says makes ANY difference but it can't hurt....
Ford performance hot line: 1-800-367-3748
All you need to is to have a drag race with a Ford Performance tuned 2.7 2 door Outer Banks and when the Raptor gets spanked, post the video to YouTube and make it go viral.

KKOSH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS, GT500, EXPEDITION, EXPLORER, EDGE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took the JB4 and a pedal commanded off of my Braptor when I put the whipple tune if you are interested, I’ll cut you deal.
What is your opinion of the Whipple tune? Was it a big difference? Considering it myself.

OP
OP
raptorusmaximus

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just talked to ford performance (again) my rep was able to get a msg to the bronco product manager through a chat group. His response regarding the tune although officially uncommitted was "we're working on lots of cool things wink,wink"

Even though I'd love to have a solid release date, I think this is an encouraging response.

Sponsored

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just talked to ford performance (again) my rep was able to get a msg to the bronco product manager through a chat group. His response regarding the tune although officially uncommitted was "we're working on lots of cool things wink,wink"

Even though I'd love to have a solid release date, I think this is an encouraging response.
So they went from nah not enough cars to working on lots of cool things lol. Sounds good to me!

defector69

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Great to hear! 👍