Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m ok with this as if you can’t put another $400 down to confirm your order, then you really might not buy one. @Cheshire was right (from last week in another thread) and now, in the post below on Saturday from trusted @Granger Ford it looks like we should plan for this.

9CE0DA16-12DC-4879-8E6E-F8C2FAD15874.jpeg
What do you expect? Anytime you reserve something; it's custom made. And a deposit is almost always required by anything. If you complaining about putting an additional $400 down on a $35k Bronco; then maybe you can't afford it and shouldn't buy one. It will also go towards the down payment so it's not like that $500 disappears into their pockets.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the funniest line I have ever read on this forum.
no, seriously...wanted a black 2.0 SE with specific options and believe it or not there wasn't one around anywhere. It took eight weeks to arrive and an extra day for aftermarket leather install.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not. Ford, has my $100 until until I either sign paper work with a dealership converting my reservation or cancel the reservation. Ford’s not going to hand money over to dealerships while they are still letting you change your dealership. That would be an accounting headache neither Ford nor their dealerships would want.

Do you ever check your credit card statements?

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Put down $300 when I ordered my Rubicon, don't see $500 as a big deal as long as it is refundable.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$500 deposit the same week most Americans are getting a $600 stimulus check :unsure:
If anyone is buying a bronco and are planning on getting a stimulus check, then they are probably making a pretty serious financial mistake.

Sponsored

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not. Ford, has my $100 until until I either sign paper work with a dealership converting my reservation or cancel the reservation. Ford’s not going to hand money over to dealerships while they are still letting you change your dealership. That would be an accounting headache neither Ford nor their dealerships would want.
No, the dealer has your money. If you change dealers the original will refund it and you will need to pay $100 to the new dealer.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A $500 deposit is standard on vehicle orders. The fact that people expected otherwise is comical. Hopefully they will go ahead and cancel now. ??‍♀
Hi
In QUEBEC province the contract you sing for a car is protected by a consumer law. If you sing one contrack you have obligation to buy the car on the contrack whenever your situation at the delivery date if you died this is your succession to honor your contrack w.hen you read the contrack it`s specified you have 5 days to full pays and take your car from the parking lot of the dealer `the deposit no refundable is cleary write on the contrack and is apply to the total bill. BUT THE DEPOSIT PROTECT you from one dealer who try to sale your command to one other customers. YOU CAN GO AT THE COURT with that situation and eligible to some $$ compensation. everything is regulated by the law and nobody plays with that game. another thing to consider READ your contrack MAYBE you can see it`s write on it your contrack can be subject at 3% additionnal fee depend of de situation ,and moment of the delivery example more change in the tax, etc.....for the delay in 2017 i have place and order on F150 SUPERCAB+LONG BED. LOADED OF OPTION. i have wait 6 month for take delivery because this cofiguration be built to KANSAS CITY not at DEARBORN.
Just sit and be patient. different state have different law it.s your resposability to verified before to sing any contract but you ca`nt change the rules. for me with my built it`s 88,452.10 $ CDN NO CHOICE I WILL PAY DEPOSIT 500`00$ CDN and sing a contract at the dealer for order wifes BRONCO.
TRACKTOY

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm gonna do something that probably hasn't ever happened on this forum. I am going to quote Brene Brown - "In the absence of data, we will always make up stories." That applies to many of these posts (but I keep reading them too). Would I love a $100 reservation to be all I have at risk? Yup. Would $500 kill me? No. Would $1000? (me no, but my wife might). I appreciate that @GrangerFord keeps it real - for everyone, not just their reservationists. I joined this forum to learn more about off roading, the Bronco, and the community that it represents. I don't plan to do major off roading or rock crawling. I will back road and I will "mall crawl" (proudly).

Maybe Bronco enthusiasts should treat this product launch more like a new trail we are riding. We don't know what the next turn is and we don't know if we can make it past the next obstacle, but we will inch forward. Some will get to the final destination, some won't. Let's make the trip less stressful, stop making up stories, and refocus on the community we will have when we all roll off the lot in our new Broncos.
The 100 I was able to do, now that we got to see them briefly at Filson, I can probably keep going. But the ‘discussion’ over the initial deposit even at $100 was significant, now I’ve got 100% commitment but that took a lot of home discussion before it was possible. Incremental isn’t surprising, but it is disappointing. I get why Ford wants more skin in the game especially for this level of production; however, they should be mindful of what the mixed messaging says:
We aren’t sure what we want or when we’re doing it. So we’ll evolve as we go. Some companies (Tesla) get rewarded for that style. Others... pilloried.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone is buying a bronco and are planning on getting a stimulus check, then they are probably making a pretty serious financial mistake.
My household meets the eligibility requirements for stimulus and I assure you we will be fine. $150k goes ALOT further in Alabama than California.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My household meets the eligibility requirements for stimulus and I assure you we will be fine. $150k goes ALOT further in Alabama than California.
Maxing out 401k contributions and having kids also help.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been wondering but don't feel it should be a separate thread, with all the delays and general luke warm reception to the options/pricing/trims etc, why doesn't Ford just wipe the slate clean of a MY2021 Bronco, and just aim to have everything a MY22?
People have waited this long, personally I'd be happier waiting even longer if it means more options and the ability to maybe even test drive before purchase.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre