JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
b/c us southerners are complete babies about cold weather and need those heated seats for the 2 months/year it gets under 50 degrees!! LOL
Hey don't forget those of us with bad backs. The heated seat is a huge plus.
Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How will this work if the dealer you bought the Bronco from is hundreds of miles away... can you have the chips installed at the local dealer? I am sure the local dealer is going to love that.

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my 2 door Base with Manual built on 12/15 will come without... Cruise control? Sync? Trying to think of items not safety related on the simplest build such as mine.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
This may push me over the edge to get that Ranger now despite one of my Bronco orders supposed to be built end of this month. The second one is still in never never land. I know I would take a hit but whenever that second bronco appears I could trade either that ranger or first bronco depending on which I prefer. Both have things I like and in either case there will be some commonality.

Sponsored

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

maybe it depends on the dealership, but I just learned mine will not allow us to take the incomplete bronco due to "safety issues" and "the vehicle won't function properly" 😭😤🤬 so now i'm convinced shipping my bronco will only delay pickup even more. this whole process has sucked so bad.

Sharpy

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How will this work if the dealer you bought the Bronco from is hundreds of miles away... can you have the chips installed at the local dealer? I am sure the local dealer is going to love that.
We live a thousand miles away from where we bought our vehicle now and have for 5 years the local dealers have no issue as long as they have some place to charge the labor. Last month turbos failed our Expedition at 92K miles and they got it done working with ford warranty. If the local dealer has issues with it find a better dealer

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am cracking up reading these responses. Do people even understand that nothing has been said by Ford about releasing Bronco's with reduced functionality?

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am cracking up reading these responses. Do people even understand that nothing has been said by Ford about releasing Bronco's with reduced functionality?
My entire Bronco order is little more than rumor and innuendo along side an email from Ford claiming I placed it. I've got nothing of substance to offer!

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is going just as I planned...

They will finally build my Bronco without the Trailer Control Module and ship it.

They will start pulling Trailer Control Modules off of Ice Mountain relics.

My Trailer Control Module will arrive at the dealership two weeks after my Bronco and they will install it.

Ice Mountain will hold out for a structured settlement package.

Sponsored

DT BB

Big Bend
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If, you have a Bronco sitting in a Michigan parking lot…..I don’t see how this could be bad news. I mean, it’s bad news that they don’t have required parts or chips, but we already knew this. I would imagine just about anyone would rather have their Bronco in their driveway or garage waiting on an auto start/stop chip or heated seat chip vs not getting built at all or sitting at Ice/dirt mountain.
This is great news and can’t for the life of me understand why this hasn’t already happened. It’s what some of us have been clambering about for months.
Heated seat, I could wait, Auto start stop, no biggie, No "infotainment" would suck but could be solved through bluetooth sound bar etc.....Will they have heat? :)

Padawan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now if it’s the infotainment system, I’m out. I can’t safely drive in Florida traffic with no Joe Rogan blaring and the tops off💁🏼‍♂️.

DT BB

Big Bend
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
100% agree BUT bronco6g likes to complain and go against the grain at every opportunity. If Ford holds vehicles for chips then bronco6g gets angry and if they release them while waiting for chips then bronco6g still gets angry. No matter what Ford can’t win
It's gonna be a logistical nightmare for them but it has to be done...Ultimatley buyers will be alot more forgiving when the trucks are in their driveways instead of who knows where

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
pesonally I would only want a bronco that is 100% complete. Like you said, it will a logistical nightmare to try to coordinate it after the fact. Bronco6g does not know what it is getting itself into. There are so many variables introduced in the equation once Ford tries to add chips to your your bronco that is sitting in your garage.

It's gonna be a logistical nightmare for them but it has to be done...Ultimatley buyers will be alot more forgiving when the trucks are in their driveways instead of who knows where
Sponsored