Sponsored

Forgive me Father, for I have had impure Jeep thoughts…

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Recently I’ve found myself doing the unthinkable, looking at the J@@p national inventory site. I went on a trip and Avis gave me a 4 door Wrangler. It was nice having the front panels off and having that off-road feel of a vehicle. I’m a July 14th order with no build date in site. I guess it all goes back to dating, “If I can’t have a 10, I’ll settle for a 7.”

I’ve done the Off-Roadeo and fell in love with Bronco even more. I don’t want to settle for what shortcomings the Wrangler has to offer. I guess I needed to vent or get support from others that have had these evil thoughts to get me through the next 3-24 months that I may have to wait.

I’ll have to just stare at the photo of the side by side that I took driving past a Ford dealer in GA to help me get by.

52B1D713-8181-4BC3-A929-9C3CD696DBA6.jpeg
Your feelings are perfectly natural, my child. Love both just don’t give up on your Bronco.
Sponsored

WranglerArctic

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK4 GTI VR6, '22 Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do it!

I bought a used 2019 JLUR in early 2021 because we needed 4 doors for summer beach cruising.... (we also have a 2 door JK)

Just stripped off the LEDs that I can move to the bronco - because trading it in next week on our long overdue wild track.

Paid 46 and getting 47

tempImagez11eWe.png

MJ14

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer/22 Bronco OBX/02 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have to admit I strongly considered getting a hybrid Jeep in the meantime, but I was severely unhappy with the Jeep when I test drove one. The mileage you get out of the electric portion is extremely poor.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I spent a week in the islands with a Wrangler after reserving my Bronco. Fun to drive where max speed is 35 and sun always shines. 4wd was necessary on some mountainous switchbacks. But I was reminded of the 2 Cherokees I used to own. Go ahead. Drive a jeep but dump it before the bushings in the front trailing arms wear out or you will get an upper arm workout keeping it in the road.

Despite that, I still have a wish for a Gladiator

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy the Jeep!!!

They are awesome. I have had at least one most of my adult life and they are just great fun. Doors off, top off and in the woods on a Saturday afternoon is hard to beat.

They are also long lasting. I have a 2004 Rubicon that is close to 200k miles with few problems over the years.

I also have a newer Rubicon that is more fun and has a lot of modern features like heated seats and leather. Can’t go wrong really because you won’t lose much after selling it IF you like the Bronco more.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Very nice ride!
It doesn't get much better than that!
392 Rubicon and never look back.
Thank you, but I wouldn’t say I didn’t look back. I got tired of Ford screwing me around so I placed an order for the 392 on 7/29/21. My bronco showed up November 5th. I considered flipping it but ultimately the way it drove and how comfortable the seats are swayed me to keep it. I still get pissed off with the cheap plastic all over the place. I never thought in my life I’d say jeeps fit/finish/materials were better but they are. If ford just spent a little more time/money on the interior it would be perfect.

7BA8B0C6-7D60-499E-897C-C75DEFBA8831.jpeg

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Our 392XR is being built right now. Our Raptor doesn’t have a build date yet. We’ll see which one we like more. Don’t have infinite garage space and seems wrong to have either of these outside…

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a totally subjective quickie opinion but If you are thinking of bailing out and buying a Jeep forget those thoughts. I waited 527 days to get my Bronco Big Bend. It finally showed up December 23rd and I couldn't be happier.
Ford Bronco Forgive me Father, for I have had impure Jeep thoughts… 20211223_135001

In spite of the uber long wait I absolutely love this truck. This is my 4th Bronco and without a doubt the best one. It rides like a truck and feels solid as a rock. I've taken it on a couple long distance trips and it is comfortable and quiet enough to drive all without being worn out. The 2.7 pulls like a champ and even with the locking diff I am getting better than 20MPG average gas mileage. I have had 4 Jeeps and they were all crap but the only game in town so I had little choice on what to buy. Every one had a ton of major issues which explains why they get do not buy ratings in a lot of worst cars to buy articles. None of my Broncos have given me a major headache. The only reason I sold my mint 1994 was because I could no longer get some critical parts that were mainly trim items but I couldn't keep them in the condition I wanted to. My Big Bend has everything I need with few exceptions. Is it perfect? I wish it had a dash top USB connection, rear cup holders and a few nit picking things like an under hood light but other than that it's perfect. The fit and finish on mine is very good. No squeaks and rattles, no paint flaws, it tracks straight as an arrow and handles great. My advice is to hang in there. You won't be sorry.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personally I always get confuse When I hear so much jeep bashing. My 2015 JKUR drives beautifully and is a blast (which reminds me, it's Alpine stereo puts the Bronco stereo to shame). I contemplate daily, giving Ford the middle finger and just building up the Jeep the way I want. For the Price difference, I could have one hell of a nice jeep.

People that talk about how crappy the Jeep is, either have never actually owned one and is just repeating what they read on the internet, or they have messed with their Jeep to the point that they basically f'd it all up and want to blame jeep.

My Rubi has 100k miles on it, has had nothing gone wrong but a thermostat at 93k.

It rides very comfortably, and I can steer it with just my finger and thumb with no issues.

Remember, many people that have opinions on Jeeps have messed with them. For example, the first thing they do is take off the "C" rated tires and slap on some super stiff "E" rated 35s, probably do a half-assed lift to allow the tires to fit... And then complain about the ride harshness and how bad it steers after they f'd up all the steering geometry.

Now with all that said, here's the rub. If you go out and buy a Jeep, expecting to sell it when you get your Bronco...sure it will hold value better, but it is not going to hold ALL its value. So you will take a hit. Could be $5-10k.

In addition, You will be facing exactly what I'm facing right now. Modifications made to a Jeep, reduce its resale value. So you will either need to reverse all the mods you did to the Jeep while waiting for the Bronco, or be stuck in limbo with a stock jeep, watching accessory prices go up, contemplating daily, if you're going to get VIN email.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Personally I always get confuse When I hear so much jeep bashing. My 2015 JKUR drives beautifully and is a blast (which reminds me, it's Alpine stereo puts the Bronco stereo to shame). I contemplate daily, giving Ford the middle finger and just building up the Jeep the way I want. For the Price difference, I could have one hell of a nice jeep.

People that talk about how crappy the Jeep is, either have never actually owned one and is just repeating what they read on the internet, or they have messed with their Jeep to the point that they basically f'd it all up and want to blame jeep.

My Rubi has 100k miles on it, has had nothing gone wrong but a thermostat at 93k.

It rides very comfortably, and I can steer it with just my finger and thumb with no issues.

Remember, many people that have opinions on Jeeps have messed with them. For example, the first thing they do is take off the "C" rated tires and slap on some super stiff "E" rated 35s, probably do a half-assed lift to allow the tires to fit... And then complain about the ride harshness and how bad it steers after they f'd up all the steering geometry.

Now with all that said, here's the rub. If you go out and buy a Jeep, expecting to sell it when you get your Bronco...sure it will hold value better, but it is not going to hold ALL its value. So you will take a hit. Could be $5-10k.

In addition, You will be facing exactly what I'm facing right now. Modifications made to a Jeep, reduce its resale value. So you will either need to reverse all the mods you did to the Jeep while waiting for the Bronco, or be stuck in limbo with a stock jeep, watching accessory prices go up, contemplating daily, if you're going to get VIN email.
Compared to the bronco the wranglers drive like trash.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking about look at new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Im just so sick of waiting on Ford and the 4Runner appears it will never come out.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs