Sponsored

Forgive me Father, for I have had impure Jeep thoughts…

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recently I’ve found myself doing the unthinkable, looking at the J@@p national inventory site. I went on a trip and Avis gave me a 4 door Wrangler. It was nice having the front panels off and having that off-road feel of a vehicle. I’m a July 14th order with no build date in site. I guess it all goes back to dating, “If I can’t have a 10, I’ll settle for a 7.”

I’ve done the Off-Roadeo and fell in love with Bronco even more. I don’t want to settle for what shortcomings the Wrangler has to offer. I guess I needed to vent or get support from others that have had these evil thoughts to get me through the next 3-24 months that I may have to wait.

I’ll have to just stare at the photo of the side by side that I took driving past a Ford dealer in GA to help me get by.

52B1D713-8181-4BC3-A929-9C3CD696DBA6.jpeg
Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Recently I’ve found myself doing the unthinkable, looking at the J@@p national inventory site. I went on a trip and Avis gave me a 4 door Wrangler. It was nice having the front panels off and having that off-road feel of a vehicle. I’m a July 14th order with no build date in site. I guess it all goes back to dating, “If I can’t have a 10, I’ll settle for a 7.”

I’ve done the Off-Roadeo and fell in love with Bronco even more. I don’t want to settle for what shortcomings the Wrangler has to offer. I guess I needed to vent or get support from others that have had these evil thoughts to get me through the next 3-24 months that I may have to wait.

I’ll have to just stare at the photo of the side by side that I took driving past a Ford dealer in GA to help me get by.

Ford Bronco Forgive me Father, for I have had impure Jeep thoughts… 52B1D713-8181-4BC3-A929-9C3CD696DBA6
Stay strong, I also had a 7/14 evening reservation and my blend date is Monday 4/4. It’s a long wait but it’s happening finally. Don’t settle for less.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealers like Granger and Chapman had lease/buyback deals on Jeeps while waiting on your Bronco order

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I could probably be persuaded by a CJ model...maybe, perhaps.
But not any model following the CJ.

I really like the stark metal dash, metal everything (until it rusts) of the older CJ's.
We had a 79 and it had a clunk. Took it back to the dealer and all it was, was it was missing a motor mount. Nothing too bad!!!! But really liked the off roadness and looks.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers like Granger and Chapman had lease/buyback deals on Jeeps while waiting on your Bronco order
This would have been on my radar a LONG time ago if I didnt have a build by now.

My Ford dealer has a new(to them) Dodge/Jeep dealership now also.
Look for something like that and see if they'll work with you.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let’s be real. They both have shortcomings. Get the one you really want. I like to have both.

Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm a Ford guy at heart, and I've had my Bronco for 10 months and love it.

That having been said, if you have the itch and the financial ability, buy a Jeep as a stopgap. They are after all what the Bronco was designed to compete with. If I were in your shoes, I might buy a slightly used Jeep and sell it when the Bronco came in.

I guess I'm too practical to declare blind allegiance to Bronco without giving props to a good not great vehicle in the Jeep.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could probably be persuaded by a CJ model...maybe, perhaps.
But not any model following the CJ.

I really like the stark metal dash, metal everything (until it rusts) of the older CJ's.
We had a 79 and it had a clunk. Took it back to the dealer and all it was, was it was missing a motor mount. Nothing too bad!!!! But really liked the off roadness and looks.
The best CJ is a TJ. I’ve had two CJ7s and absolutely loved them, but I’d never trade my TJ for one. Same goes for my ‘71 Early Bronco, I like it better. TJ has everything good about a CJ (except the cool basic CJ looks) and much more to offer, like a coil sprung non buckboard ride. Getting old, I guess.
Hoping to feel the same about the new Bronco someday. If it ever comes. It will come, won’t it?

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I find myself looking at the TJs... we've all done it.
Sponsored