Sponsored

Forgive me Father, for I have had impure Jeep thoughts…

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I currently have a JL Rubicon with a Bronco on order. Going to keep both. I like the Jeep. Especially when the top is off. I would buy the jeep and sell it when the bronco comes in.
Sponsored

JackD

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can always use your hands... Don't need that 2 if you can't get a 10. Stay strong brother.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a bit suspect of the grab handles and doors and did a search and found this. Do not regret the Bronco though. I’ll be using it to drive around at the cottage not as a DD. What I miss most is an LSD which my Sahara had

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...ngler-daily-livability-comparison-review/amp/
“Ford and Jeep also approached the grab handles differently, with the Bronco's grab handles located at the edges of the dash and one down by the passenger's knee. Each one feels like you could yank it right off with a stout tug. Conversely, the Wrangler has A-pillar-mounted handles and a dash-mounted passenger grab bar that feel sturdy enough to tie a tow strap to for recovering another vehicle stuck in the mud.”

Typical MotorTrend. 🤦‍♂️

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Recently I’ve found myself doing the unthinkable, looking at the J@@p national inventory site. I went on a trip and Avis gave me a 4 door Wrangler. It was nice having the front panels off and having that off-road feel of a vehicle. I’m a July 14th order with no build date in site. I guess it all goes back to dating, “If I can’t have a 10, I’ll settle for a 7.”

I’ve done the Off-Roadeo and fell in love with Bronco even more. I don’t want to settle for what shortcomings the Wrangler has to offer. I guess I needed to vent or get support from others that have had these evil thoughts to get me through the next 3-24 months that I may have to wait.

I’ll have to just stare at the photo of the side by side that I took driving past a Ford dealer in GA to help me get by.

52B1D713-8181-4BC3-A929-9C3CD696DBA6.jpeg
Nothing wrong with a Jeep. I have a JK unlimited and have no plans on giving it up when I get my Bronco.

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I read a lot of hate for Jeeps on these Bronco forums. It’s my opinion, that if you truly HATE the Jeep, you don’t like the Bronco as much as you think you do (but would probably never admit) or you don’t get what either one is about.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a late order so I didn't have super high expectations of getting a Bronco this year. That said - seeing how Ford and some dealerships have treated their customers throughout this rollout is incredibly frustrating. People are trying to spend lots of money with Ford and they are not making it easy. In fact, sometimes downright cruel to folks that have waited 1.5+ years and have been big enthusiast/promoters of the brand.

I've called around for the last 2 months and every single Bronco that ends up in dealer stock has been marked up 15-30k in Texas. I've also seen a few dealers that are getting units (5-10 in the next few months) of dealer stock that are Big Bend mid packages. I wish Ford would just come out and admit they can't build the higher trims until next year. At least people would know. The lack of communication/information is infuriating.

All this said - I just ordered a 4XE Sahara at 4% under invoice and it should be here in 10 weeks. If/when Ford finally decides to build my Bronco, we will decide what to do with it then.

JAricB

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
540i, Rubicon, Bronco, TRX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have both a 2019 Rubicon and a 22 Outer Banks. Both are great and would be a tough choice to pick a clear winner. The Bronco drives better and is for now, unique. The Jeep has a slightly better interior, a far better hardtop and a much better optional stereo.

Jwillo2000

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I bought a wrangler 4xe to drive while I wait on my Bronco. I had sold my truck in anticipation of my Bronco coming in, and when I switched to a 2022 I bought the Jeep. I have the Rubicon, with 33’s so equivalent to my Badlands on order.
After sitting in a few Broncos, the higher end jeep interior is much nicer. I am also getting close to 40mpg’s since I have the 4xe. I am debating keeping the Jeep, but they are both great rides. Can’t go wrong with either in my opinion.

Sponsored

RDS12

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, not gonna lie I've done the same thing. I've been eyeballing the Wrangler, TRX, the 2022 Raptor.....the hype has worn off.

Still holding strong though...day two reservation.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a 94 Jeep. Loved everything about it except:

Terrible A/C
Electrical Gremlins
Constant overheating.

Yeah, that was a long time ago. But everything that wasn't part of the 4x4 system on that thing was trash.

I plan to limp along as long as posible on the Expy, but if and when it craps out, I might give Jeep another chance, since building a simple Base Model seems beyond Ford's capabilities.

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My wife owns a ‘21 wrangler JL 2 door and let me tell you a few things. It’s great, it’s awesome having the roof off (haven’t taken the doors off), and beach days are great.

but to this day nothing beats being behind the wheel of a bronco. I might sound biased since I have one on order, but I even had my wife test drive it and she said the day might come where she wants to trade in for a bronco. Keep in mind she’s wanted a wrangler for 15 years.
Sponsored